Devil's Radio Staff Changes

msweet

Randy Velischek and the entire Radio Staff for the Devils contracts are not being renewed for the next season.

I can not say how I know, but it is true.

...and no, I did not speak to any CAA security guards... recently.

I like John Hennessey. Randy too.

I only get annoyed, like I do with Chico, when they're in a close game & they act like the Devils are playing great & have the other team right where they want them.

Then it just seems the other team scores.

Maybe Larry Brooks will come back. Sherry Ross?

Dale Arnold, Larry Hirsch, Mike Miller, Chris (?) can't remember his name. Did I miss anyone else on the radio side?

i won't miss hennesey, but i liked valischek.

I agree Randy should be back but Hennessey sucked. I wan't someone who is 100% bias tward the Devils. Someon who goes crazy when the Devils score and gets pissed when a bad call is called. Basicaly a Devils fan. :koolaid:

Yea I can see Kenny doing it. Not Stevens though. I can see him coaching :)

I dont think Kenny can chat on the radio... I have hard enough time watching him stumble through Dano's Den... he's defintely trying though.

Honestly I'd love Stevens to do color. He's not so pat as Dano. Dano says the usual stuff - he's got all the lines down... Stevens would get all excited and talk serious hockey and it would be AWESOME! I bet he'd get all fast talking and emphatic and stuff!

Wow. That's very surprising. I liked Hennesey. I met him a couple of times. Nice guy. Also came on our show after Robinson resigned.

That sucks.

I got to be honest. I'd love to broadcast actual games.

I never really cared for Hennessey. I just don't think he has the voice for radio. Randy was pretty good though. I know I am in the minority but I liked Chris Moore. I know he never told you how much time is left or what the score was but he was good at describing plays.

Calling hockey on the radio is so difficult. Just listen to some of the people who do it for AHL teams. Most of them are terrible.