Chris Pronger

mcmagic

Pronger..YIKKKKKK :puke:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah girls just LOVE gapped old teeth and outdated hairstyles...

yeah girls just LOVE gapped old teeth and outdated hairstyles...

Ummm...it is amazing what (some) women will overlook when fame and money are involved.

In any case, he doesn't seem to want to find out. Apparently, he loves his wife, no matter how much of a whining, pain-in-the-a$$ she may seem to the rest of us. We don't know her, maybe she is the one he's meant to be with. That's rare, I have to admit. And you know what, for all I think what they are doing is not quite fair to the Oilers (as I have said before, if the point is to get her back within a reasonable commuting distance of her family, that's not many choices for the Oilers, and any other team will not make Mrs. Pronger any happier), we constantly complain that most people aren't willing to do what it takes to save their marriages. She apparently isn't willing to make sacrifices to save her marriage...but HE is. Says something about him. Doesn't say much for her.

Uhm, I think you read that article wrong Sue. Pronger has filed his divorce papers (figuratively) WITH THE EDMONTON OILERS, not Lauren and Chris.

Oops, then I take it all back. If she hasn't threatened him with divorce, I'm being too kind. Or am I? I can't tell anymore.

And that's like saying Giguere didn't deserve the Conn Smythe because of what happened in the final. Pronger was the reason the Oilers made it that far.

Thats not nearly the same. Giguere had a phenomonal post season that yr. Pronger is not the main reason they got to the finals. Roloson's 2.3 GAA and .930 save % and the gritty play of all 4 lines was the main reason. Pronger is a talented D man, but he is not worth the money he is making at this point in his career. period. Maybe 4 yrs ago or so he was worth it, but not now.

Edited by PaDevsFan

Mrs. Pronger seems like a real beauty. :rolleyes:

If she's making him do something he doesn't want to do, it makes you wonder:

1) What did Chris Pronger do that she's blackmailing him?

2) If he's not being blackmailed, is he that whipped by this woman?

If Pronger really wants to stay with the Oilers but ends up leaving, he'll be so bitter with his wife that he'll be banging hockey groupies on every road trip.

Thats not nearly the same. Giguere had a phenomonal post season that yr. Pronger is not the main reason they got to the finals. Roloson's 2.3 GAA and .930 save % and the gritty play of all 4 lines was the main reason. Pronger is a talented D man, but he is not worth the money he is making at this point in his career. period. Maybe 4 yrs ago or so he was worth it, but not now.

Uh, Pronger also scored a point a game during the playoffs - he was easily the front runner for the Conn Smythe Trophy going into the Finals. I can't think of the last defender to dominate at both ends the way Pronger did in this year's playoffs.

I think all of the speculation that the root cause for Pronger's desire to leave Edmonton is just that - speculation. It may have nothing to do with his wife. He may just not like playing there.

Uhm. No. According to all the articles I've read and inside stories that have been relayed through the Edmonton sports radio community, Chris absolutely loved Edmonton. But all that friends and collegues are saying is that the demand was for personal reasons and not because of any animosity between Chris and the team or the city or the fans... it's a personal family matter.

I understand Mrs. Prongers feeling somewhat... anyway you look at it, he's going to make a boatload of money wherever he plays and if she doesn't want to live in Edmonton - I hear it gets colder there then in, say, Miami - there is no reason she should be unhappy for years with where they leave. People leave teams for all kind of reasons - remember Roy thought he was disrespected. If you were unhappy with where you lived I would bear no ill will to you if you chose to move somewhere else... if the people of Edmonton don't like it, tough, just like it's tough for us if Patty choses to leave because of money. Anyway you look at it the players at some point control their destinys, some just push it to get their freedom sooner!

SC Devsfan, just a reminder: Chris Pronger signed a five-year contract with the Edmonton Oilers. Your casual brush-off of the Edmonton fans and the team, quite honestly, stinks.

If patrik Elias leaves, he leaves. He's a free agent and can do as he pleases. Pronger signed away that freedom with a guaranteed long-term contract. His behavior is despicable, and this Lauren Pronger should be hanging out with Anna Benson.

Pepperkorn, I think it's funny that some misguided souls are spinning Chris Pronger as some great family guy because he puts his wife's wishes above everyone and everything else, ignoring the teeny weeny fact that the guy has played ONE year of a five-year deal. It's not right to shaft a fan base and your teammates because your wife requested it. Didn't they take the word "obey" out of the wedding vows? :blink:

I can't wait to hear a LEGITIMATE reason why Pronger and his lovely bride want to move away from Edmonton

Would Pronger be shafting the fans and the team the same way if his play suffered because his wife was unhappy and hence he was unhappy?

Perhaps he knows the ins and outs of his marriage, and he knows the consequences of what he might feel for his wife being unhappy and he is taking the preventative step so Edmonton DO get value for money.

Plus he doesn't have a no-trade clause.

Remind me......(because I do not know at all) did Pronger ask to be traded from St Louis....did he have a say about going to Edmonton?

Edited by ThreeStars

Maybe the wife gave him an ultimatum: Get yourself traded out of Edmonton or I'm divorcing you and taking half of everything you've ever owned and half of everything you'll ever own for the rest of your life. Given those options, I can understand why he's asking for a trade.

Maybe the wife gave him an ultimatum: Get yourself traded out of Edmonton or I'm divorcing you and taking half of everything you've ever owned and half of everything you'll ever own for the rest of your life. Given those options, I can understand why he's asking for a trade.

Oh yeah, there's a marriage worth saving! :doh1:

There's all this speculation around why Pronger wants to be traded. I wish someone would just come right out and explain what the "personal reasons" are. I think an explaination of some sort is in order even if he doesn't tell us all his dirty laundry i think his agent should explain a bit