Triumph

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And make them the Sabres' B-team?

McKee, Biron, Dumont.

Sure. Why not!

The Blues could still use a goalie. Biron would fit there and be an upgrade over what they have. Dumont is a nice piece. He's not great by any stretch but he'll score 25 goals and is younger than Weight and Guerin.

Buffalo needs to cut some salary. I'd move them for draft picks.

The Ottawa Senators announced Wednesday that the team has signed veteran forward Dean McAmmond to a one-year contract.

McAmmond, 33, has 364 points and 386 penalty minutes in 723 career NHL games.

He recorded 15 goals, 22 assists and 32 penalty minutes in 78 games during the 2005-06 campaign with the St. Louis Blues.

McAmmond made his NHL debut with the Chicago Blackhawks in 1991-92. He registered a career high 51 points in 73 games during the 2001-02 season as a member of the Calgary Flames.

In 2003-04, McAmmond played in 64 games with the Flames, recording 17 goals, 13 assists along with 18 penalty minutes as Calgary advanced to the Stanley Cup Final.

Are we beyond Dean McAmmond and his "potential" yet?

The Bruins walked away from David Tanabe's arbitration award, as they should. He's now a free agent.

This guy looked like he could be an outstanding hockey player when he came up, but the 'Canes should've given him a lot more minor league time. It makes me wonder about those people who call Rutherford a genius now that he managed to get himself a Stanley Cup.

tanabe has zero hockey sense, he gives full effort and is talented as hell, but with no hockey sense you just don't make it. this is why i doubt nigel williams will make it big.

i always loved his effort, but the brain wasn't there.

tanabe has zero hockey sense, he gives full effort and is talented as hell, but with no hockey sense you just don't make it. this is why i doubt nigel williams will make it big.

i always loved his effort, but the brain wasn't there.

That hockey sense is something you develop in the minors for a defensemen, otherwise your just physically reacting. He was rushed and played in the NHL before he was ready.

you can teach a degree of hockey sense, but it's either there or not, and with him i don't think it was entirely ever there. i don't think he could have ever developed all that great, he's just like shawn belle of the blues or is it stars now?

you can teach a degree of hockey sense, but it's either there or not, and with him i don't think it was entirely ever there. i don't think he could have ever developed all that great, he's just like shawn belle of the blues or is it stars now?

Wild. Dealt in the Willie Mitchell deal.

dumont has hands and a shot, but it ends there. i give him 2.5 at the most, even that is a stretch. he still has yet to completely put his package together.

wow shawn belle dealt AGAIN? really speaks volumes about his lack of toolbox, i saw him skate once or twice and he had niedermayer skating, maybe better. his speed was remarkable.

Edited by bruins4777

Somehow Dumont was given $2.9 million, while Nagy only received $3 million. Nagy's stats in the regular season were comparable to Briere's... I guess the difference was the playoffs.

I hate arbitration right about now :(

I would hope ANY team, financial problems or not, would walk away from this award - it's ridiculous. JP Dumont is just not a very good player.

JP is a streaky player...who at times will flash brilliance and at other times get lazy,

If doing this and moving Biron is how the Sabres keep Briere...then I am all for it.

• 2 weeks later...

The solution to the Canucks woes i'm sure... :P Don't know much about the guy except that he's a journeyman defensemen and that he prolly won't hurt the team...but that's it..

http://www.canucks.com/news/pressreleases....D=31&id=620

Great, can't wait...lol