Five Years!

DevilMinder

CONGRATS! I am very happy to be a new member of this board and It's the best board out there for smart, intelligent and relevent conversation about Hockey and most importantly for me...the DEVILS. He's to many many more! :clap::clap::clap::dance:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe it has been 5 years either.... wow!

I do remember how desperate we were to leave that pit of despair called NJO....

And I also remember how difficult it was to even run a baor dback then.... the power of PHP, the Internet and a bunch of truly great posters and we have one of the best boards of any kind on the net.

Congrats to eveyone here.

5 Years!!! :hail: Holy CRAP!!

DM as I have said Many times you took my dream and truly made it heaven for thise of us who endured the nightmares of NJO ( i posted there for like 6 years Scarey as it might seem!!)... the breakdowns of Netwrok 54 and that other site that we were on for about 5 minuted before it went bankrupt!!!

In all honesty i need to thank the guys over at the Flyer Fan Forum for convincing me to start my own board ( of course they only did it to get me of their board!!!), I hated NJO so much i had almost stopped posting there and was only posting at the flyer board!!! I realized I had to do something whne i got an email from olp congratulating me on the birth of my daughter, which i announced at the philly board NOT NJO.....

While I donot post as much as i did int he old days this place is ny home on the internet!! I consider many of you to be my family and I;m happy to see some of the posters coming back again like M.....

I just wish Madddog, Stardew, olp & Joe B would post more, they were a few of the origianls that made the jump th Net54 w/ me...

Anyway DM thanks again... And please ask for help whenever you need it becuase if you burnout this place might disappear and that would be tragic!!!

LONG LIVE NJdevs!!!

Dm maybe you can post a link to the old board somewhere on here??

Edited by redruM

congrats.

I thought this board was around longer.. I dont know how long I have been here.. maybe 3 years?? but I just figured it had been here for years!

Thanks DM. PK and Crasher got me here. I was hanging around the old devilsnews for a while and PK gave me a swift kick and told me to get my ass over here. Good thing I listened.

When my Stevens schtick didn't go ovet too well here I was sure DM was going to ask me to leave!! But thatnks to Zammode red came around ... :lol:Langue31.gif

Eldon was occasionally at the MSG board with me before I found Devils news!!

I never found NJO if you had to log in or be member or any of that stuff I woudn't do it... until here :giggle: I was hyper paranoid internet user. NOW?

inyri.gif

Edited by Pepperkorn

Amazing when you think of it- we owe what we have here mostly to some frekish charachter named Isalander Sammy.

5 years here, time in 54, plus NJO- this counts as a long term relationship in my book.

(just a little Red spelling in honor of the topic)

Edited by M.

Amazing when you think of it- we owe what we have here mostly to some frekish charachter named Isalander Sammy.

5 years here, time in 54, plus NJO- this counts as a long term relationship in my book.

(just a little Red spelling in honor of the topic)

Damn I ahd forgotten about Him..

Hey Sammy no relation to ISammy is there??

ISammy? No idea who that is.

I remember those old boards but I never participated or visited very often. Never liked those message board formats.

From the link I see PK was still making her "I miss Stevens" posts. :lol:

EDIT: I bet ISammy didn't have this problem! :rant:

Edited by sammyk

I am (we are) so fortunate to have this place to visit. I look forward to visiting & miss it when I'm away. Someday I 'd like to meet a few of you folks @ a game or something. Congrats anyway, and thanks!

Ah, yes.....the hellish NJO, the infamous Network 54....what a long strange trip it has been.

Here's to 5 more great years. Thanks to DM and all those who keep the place going. I know I'm not around as much as I used to be, but it is nice to have somewhere to go where I can just be me.

Congrats on 5 years!! I can't believe that I have been coming here for almost 4 years. I don't post a lot but I visit at least once a day to get the latest news on the Devils. I live on Long Island and most of the people I know are Islander (semi-tolerable) or Ranger (worst of all) fans. So it is very cool to be able to have this site. Keep up the great work. Thanks again