Scott Gomez: The Waiting: Day 2 Thread

Devilsdude530

Hey man, thanks for endorsing me. :evil:

Hey if I send him to you will you charge him quadruple?. And take 24 hours.

Sandman, did Gomer's family say that they delay was because of ongoing negotiations, and that their is active dialogue between Carlos and Lou? One can hope, at least.

From what my brother said they didn't know why it was being delayed. I'll ask him if I ever get a hold of him.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found this on CBS:

Gomez, Devils still waiting for word

July 25, 2006

The Record, Bergen County, NJ

The Devils and Scott Gomez are still waiting to find out how much the restricted free agent center will make next season.

Gomez's arbitration hearing took place Friday morning in Toronto and it normally takes approximately 48 hours for a decision to be reached. But arbitrator Richard Bloch has been busy hearing other cases and has yet to announce his ruling. Bloch was occupied Monday with the hearing of Chicago's Kyle Calder.

An NHL Players' Association spokesperson said he expected the decision on Gomez's hearing to be announced today.

After making $2.204 million in 2005-06, Gomez, 26, is believed to have asked for $7 million in his hearing. The Devils countered at around $4 million.

If Gomez, who registered a career-best 33 goals and 84 points last season, receives in excess of $5 million, the Devils might be forced into trading him because of salary cap problems.

The one-year, $5 million award Buffalo's Daniel Briere received Sunday one of only two arbitration rulings announced so far would appear to be good news for the Gomez camp. Briere received more than a $3 million raise despite being limited to 48 games last season because of an abdominal injury, posting 25 goals and 58 points.

So...you are in a perfect position to mention this to Scott (Gomez, about Scott Stevens) and get everything arranged and then PK can conveniently arrange a holiday to Alaska to stay with you...coincidently at the same time.

Probably not. That's why I got mad at Scott the first time. I never got to meet Arnott and when Pandolfo was in town I called to see if Scott would bring him over and he's said well he's leaving in a couple of hours then he said I'll call you back and he never did. The sad thing is that he took him to his uncles house which is like 2 minutes away from mine so that kinda made me a bit mad.

i know i havent been around for a while but reading this thread made ME ansyand i've barley had time to pay attention to anything in the off season!

and who is sandman related to? ive been trying to figure it out but i guess i like the brain capacity to accomplish things when I'm on vacation :)

jess<3

After an hour of trying I finally got through. He said sometime today I told him to call Scott but apparently he's off making commercials so it's supposed to be today sometime. I asked him to give me a specific time and that's when he said Scott was doing commercials so who knows when I find out.

Edited by sandman441

So...you are in a perfect position to mention this to Scott (Gomez, about Scott Stevens) and get everything arranged and then PK can conveniently arrange a holiday to Alaska to stay with you...coincidently at the same time.

:doh1: Now he'll NEVER be allowed to go on that "hunting trip"

dammit kickcan.gif

oh and yeah Gomez is about the only one who could make it happen -- he's the only one who wouldn't be scared to push the issue

Man it's 5 now...

i know i havent been around for a while but reading this thread made ME ansyand i've barley had time to pay attention to anything in the off season!

and who is sandman related to? ive been trying to figure it out but i guess i like the brain capacity to accomplish things when I'm on vacation :)

jess<3

Nobody I know Gomez. And I use my brother for information.

Wonder who Scott's making a commercial for.

Who's gonna be the first person brave enough to say Tequila company.

I would say it's Subway he had a bunch of commercials last year. It actually could be Alaska Sales and Service from what I remember if he does a commercial they lease him a car pretty cheap for a few months.

Edited by sandman441

Isn't that what Tallackson and players of that ilk are supposed to be? I like Hartnel, but if we don't have anyone to set him up, he would be pretty useless.

We would be down TWO centers, so Hartnell shouldn't be considered.

I answered your Malakhov question on the other link

Well, Tallackson and who else, really? Voros is better suited for a 3rd-4th line role. Same with Pihlman and Ryznar.

Tallackson isn't exactly the prototypical power forward. He is physical and does use his size, but not like someone like Torres or Hartnell do. He's more finesse than those guys, and doesn't bring the same edge.

Edited by Voros19

I bet I know what the holdup is. I think the league is trying to figure out what to do now that the arbitraor missed the mandatory deadline for an award. Probably never happened before. I can see it now- Gomez side will say that means he's a free agent, Lou's side will try to fight it and/or claim compensation for losing palyer due to the ineeptness of the arbitrator.

That has to be it. :noclue: