Sign in to follow this  
Devilsdude530

Scott Gomez: The Waiting: Day 2 Thread

what would everyone think of maybe pulling off a type of three team deal that would end up landing us a. vermette from ottawa... cheap... and talented..

we could send gomez n malakhov to florida... they could send someone to ottawa and we can get vermette... three team three division trade.

Um, no. He's ours. He is our cheap biatch for a few more years yet, he's going nowhere.

haha just a thought. hey man would you take a rafalski-gomez for alfredsson redden trade? haha

haha just a thought. hey man would you take a rafalski-gomez for alfredsson redden trade? haha

Nope. We need a centre, but no way in hell is Redden going anywhere, unless he starts really sucking sometime soon. Plus, Alfie is a steal on his salary, he stays....I don't see him leaving Ottawa, well, ever really. Maybe when he is a very old man and wants to go back to the motherland.

yea i know haha id never do that trade if i were the sens... just messing around... ive always liked watching ottawa because havlat, alfie, and hossa were some of my favs... now that havlat n hossa are gone... ill still watch em... i love alfie, spezza n redden... and the announcer... ... SCORES!!!

Nope. We need a centre, but no way in hell is Redden going anywhere, unless he starts really sucking sometime soon. Plus, Alfie is a steal on his salary, he stays....I don't see him leaving Ottawa, well, ever really. Maybe when he is a very old man and wants to go back to the motherland.

So from what I understand you want a center, you'd like Gomez but you don't want to give up anything cheap or expensive. Where do you think a center is going to come from (other than drafting or UFA)? You can't trade for cash anymore.

So what's the hold up today, the arbiter is washing his hair?

At least say what the hold up is! :angry:

haha i dont know why im cracking up with the washing the hair thing...

could the arbiter be sleeping w the fishes by now?

Not just washing his hair. Cut, color, with highlights and facial with a manicure/pedicure. He wants to look good when the results are announced.

So from what I understand you want a center, you'd like Gomez but you don't want to give up anything cheap or expensive. Where do you think a center is going to come from (other than drafting or UFA)? You can't trade for cash anymore.

Yes, we need a centre, and are close to cap...so......we will magic one from thin air! No, I dunno where we'll get one, but I wouldn't give up Vermette to get one.....but there are other players I would. Gomez will be way out of the Sens price range, we have Spezza already, so no room for another #1 centre. I would be thinking more along the lines of a 3rd line centre....Smolinski went bye-byes to Chicago with Havlat, and Varada is UFA, and I don't see him coming back, so the Sens ar feeling a little light on forwards right now. Hamel has a final chance to make it to the roster....but I don't hold out hope, I see him being Binghamton's captain for some time. I think the Sens are hoping the Russian transfer agreement will work out.....then Kaigorodov may have a chance to get onto the roster, but dunno if that will happen. At the mo I think the team is set for the start of the season....but it just seems a little light.

Yes, we need a centre, and are close to cap...so......we will magic one from thin air! No, I dunno where we'll get one, but I wouldn't give up Vermette to get one.....but there are other players I would. Gomez will be way out of the Sens price range, we have Spezza already, so no room for another #1 centre. I would be thinking more along the lines of a 3rd line centre....Smolinski went bye-byes to Chicago with Havlat, and Varada is UFA, and I don't see him coming back, so the Sens ar feeling a little light on forwards right now. Hamel has a final chance to make it to the roster....but I don't hold out hope, I see him being Binghamton's captain for some time. I think the Sens are hoping the Russian transfer agreement will work out.....then Kaigorodov may have a chance to get onto the roster, but dunno if that will happen. At the mo I think the team is set for the start of the season....but it just seems a little light.

My guess is you will see your team carry less than a full roster for most or part of the season, probably by one player or by sending players down to the minors when possible to play with your daily cap bank savings amount. Then, when the trading deadline approaches, you will see them make a trade to get a center and use up that cap savings. Unless the Russian IIFA situation gets taken care of.

I wonder what the Pens will do if Malkin isn't able to come over for another year. I guess they'll just hold on. His contract in Russia expires next summer, I think.

eh, for me it's anti-climactic now.

I can't see of very many scenarios where Gomez is in the Red & Black in October 2008. Although a 2007 Cp win is one of them !!

So whatever happens, I figure that I'll see him as a Devil for an absolute of somewhere between 0 and 82 games. Then he'll be somewhere else.

I called in on XM a lil while ago and we discussed gomer situation. If lou rejects outright (say its 6.5 mil) gomer can walk as a free agent. He can then negotiate with any team. But they can offer whatever they want. They could say I wont pay you any more than 3.5 mil. He could actually win his arbitration case, be cut loose, and not make close to what he was awarded. Everyone agree's thwe rewards so far are crazy.

And there is now, & will always be a lil bitterness on both sides. Gomers days as a devil are gone. Such is life

Is is fairly common that an arbitration decision is delayed? I can't recall the last time it happened. :noclue:

Edited by LizDevil30

Is is fairly common that an arbitration decision is delayed? I can't recall the last time it happened. :noclue:

The Briere decision was delayed by about a day but that was because both sides asked them to delay it, they thought they might reach a long-term deal. It was announced when they couldn't do that. The Sykora arbitration decision from several years ago took at least a week longer than it was supposed to, the arbitrator just said he needed more time to come to his decision. So it does happen. But usually not for the reason this one is supposed to be delayed.

We miss sandman.

This is really annoying.

I'm tired of playing Hungry Hungry Hippos, I want the waiting game to be over with!

For what it's worth (and I know that's not a lot) Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) has a new post saying an (e)3 or whatever is reporting unofficially that it's close to 5.....regardless of the truthatude :) it could mean a decision is nearing release......maybe..... :noclue:

I think WE might be Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate)'s "sources".

That would not surprise me.... not at all... :)

We miss sandman.

This is really annoying.

I'm tired of playing Hungry Hungry Hippos, I want the waiting game to be over with!

I'm going to call him in about half an hour I was going to wait until noon but this is a bit ridiculous. I would think TSN and other websites would know what's going on as everybody else does becuase that's what happened last time. I'm gonna see if he found anything out though.

I'm going to call him in about half an hour I was going to wait until noon but this is a bit ridiculous. I would think TSN and other websites would know what's going on as everybody else does becuase that's what happened last time. I'm gonna see if he found anything out though.

Tell him to make a myspace while your talking. It'd be funny I bet :giggle:

Tell him to make a myspace while your talking. It'd be funny I bet :giggle:

I hate myspace it's all about Zoints. :dance: He's not too much into computers he really doesn't know how to do anything other than check email on it. I have to fix it every couple of months and it broke yesterday so I'm going to see him today sometime I think.

tsn says that the arbitor has 48 hours to decide the case..... so waht the FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF