Recent Observations

sammyk

So, Merry Maids, turns out they aren't so merry! Saw one waiting at a red light all pissed of looking with one cigarette holding hand hanging out the window. I have to say though, what maid would be merry? No one who cleans toilets for a living should be merry!

Kids these days, they talk about "computer generated graphics". This is what I witnessed at the local Chick-fil-A. You would think she'd rather talk about Barbies.

Now here's an interesting one. I was checking out the progress of my dad's house down here and around the corner a kid was operating an electric lawn edger. The thing was pretty much the same height as him and he was struggling causing sparks to fly everywhere. Judging by the height he could not have been more than say 6 or 7. Would you let your kid operate this machine? See pic below:

post-19-1154040470_thumb.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now here's an interesting one. I was checking out the progress of my dad's house down here and around the corner a kid was operating an electric lawn edger. The thing was pretty much the same height as him and he was struggling causing sparks to fly everywhere. Judging by the height he could not have been more than say 6 or 7. Would you let your kid operate this machine? See pic below:

post-19-1154040470_thumb.jpg

NO!

That's what I thought. This was a corner lot house and the kid was around the corner while the mother was in front of the house doing something with the daughter so she wasn't paying that much attention.

Onr of my students...9... his soon to be step father owns conklin farms..around th corner from the school... huge pumpkin patch in the fall... and corn fields or something else too...

He rides the tractor and cuts the lawns on a rider and stuff...

I dont know... I dont think a 9 year old should be on something that drives...with blades..

I see him on there all the time when I drive by on my way home from work.. makes me nervous. Says hes been doing it for 2 years.

I drove a combine when I was 8 :noclue: Although, I would be leery of an edger, they tend to send objects whizzing by at 200 MPH. Did he at least have eye protection on?

I don't think so...but I didn't look that closely at his face.

As for the kid on the tractor, I dunno, from who you say he is his father probably trained him well on it. This kid looked like he was doing it for the first time.

Well, i dunno..

the family history isnt so great.. so i feel opposite. its like child labor from the stories i get.

His mom met the guy..ignores the child.. he gets no attention at home... and the stepfather puts him to work. Its not his stepfather yet.. they arent married..

but ya.. i mean he could have been trained.. its just not the impression we get at the school. Mom pays no attention to him at all..and soont o be step brothers and step father just leave him to do all the farm work.

That doesnt mean he wasnt trained..

its just sad.

The one day i drove by they were stacking rocks along the edge of the property..which is probably like 1/3 of a mile long.. the older boys were throwing these big rocks off a pick up at him while he picked them up and stacked them 2 ft high a;; the way down the front end of farm. The next day he was not at school, the following day i said i saw him doing it and he said thats why he stayed home.. he got dehydrated out there cause they made him do all the work and that he got hit with over 10 rocks.

Before their dad met his mom, they probably did a lot of this so now they pick on him and make him do it. They would have gotten it done a lot faster if the two of them did it instead of chucking rocks at him.

I guess cause i know his background it just makes me feel terrible.

Edited by langsgirl

Ya... i hope with all my heart thats the case...

but moms on husband number 3... so I dont know that step dad number 2 is hoping he takes over the business..esp when he has two if his own sons.

Sammy -- no, a suburban kid should not be weed wackin' the McMansion's turf.

Farm work WILL be a requirement for my children.

MAN THE WORLD IS FULL OF SUCH PUSSIES!!!!

Heavy farm equipment scares the sh!te out of me no matter who is operating it truth be told. Some of these geezers get out there on their John Deere from '45 on this teetery seat... man I HATE that -- they think they're so smart -- you get careless :noclue: it can happen at any age and for lots of reasons.

I'd rather have my kid out from school with a mean case of hard labor and hazing from big brothers/cousins whathave you -- than from sitting on his ass taking hits of the drug du jour while playing Xbox with his internet buddies to occupy his lazy disinterested disconnected ass!

Edited by Pepperkorn

Langs -- the kid is going to get BUILT working like that. RIPPED -- and he's going to kick his step-brothers asses. and be grateful for the time he had in the world... the real world not the man-made suburbia we're saddled with nowadays.

Of course there will be more to it -- the brothers drinking/dealing drugs or some other economically depressed trauma -weak sisters may shoot their step brother or something - worse yet befreind him and get him into drugs or whatever - but that's not the work killing the kid. Don't confuse the two I think is my point.

:lol: Not what I was getting at actually, more just commenting on your pk-ness ( :rant: )

I agreed with the most of what you wrote. :D

And the X-box I like most to play with, cannot be posted in these forums.... :uni:

Edited by Masked Fan

Sammy -- no, a suburban kid should not be weed wackin' the McMansion's turf.

Farm work WILL be a requirement for my children.

MAN THE WORLD IS FULL OF SUCH PUSSIES!!!!

Heavy farm equipment scares the sh!te out of me no matter who is operating it truth be told. Some of these geezers get out there on their John Deere from '45 on this teetery seat... man I HATE that -- they think they're so smart -- you get careless :noclue: it can happen at any age and for lots of reasons.

Farm work for your kids? What are you, recreating Little House? Put a bonnet on Rebecca and call her Laura Ingalls whydontcha? :doh1:

Hey some of those farmers are pretty good with that equipment! I see them everyday on the way to work. Less and less though as they put a highway in and are looking to re-zone everything. Wal-Mart is going up already. Target and Home Depot can't be too far behind!

Have the airlines cut back on the food?

Last time i flew to vegas.. same airline.. i got a breakfast on the way there and a lunch on the way home...

this year it says snack only for way there and no food for flight home.

I dont get that.. its the same flight.. same amount of time.

I even got a muffin to florida..which is half the flight of vegas..and a lunch on the way home from there .

Edited by langsgirl

So what's the deal with airline food?

:hijack: attempt?

Last time i flew to vegas.. same airline.. i got a breakfast on the way there and a lunch on the way home...

I even got a muffin to florida..which is half the flight of vegas..and a lunch on the way home from there .

Airlines have cut back on food. They have even cut back on things like pillows and blankets. Not Continental though. They continue to provide food and basic amenities you come to expect. They are pretty much the best of the legacy carriers.

LG, which airline?

So what's the deal with airline food?

I know!

post-909-1154120970_thumb.jpg

:hijack: attempt?

Airlines have cut back on food. They have even cut back on things like pillows and blankets. Not Continental though. They continue to provide food and basic amenities you come to expect. They are pretty much the best of the legacy carriers.

LG, which airline?

Continental.. they are the only one I ever fly.

They cut back on food to vegas :(

I dont have anything to compare them with but my bro flies probably about 40 flights a year on average and only uses them... so thats why i chose them for my only 3 trips that I flew too.

I really enjoyed them..ao I am bummed to find out they cut back and for 5 hrs I will get no meal :)

I didnt actually ever eat the meal.. i always just took the snacks, like the carrots and chips. Its not a huge deal.. its just hard to not feel cheated!