Wolf Pack : Lets Go Devils

Edited by aylbert

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21. Running back-by-committee is a plot to undermine fantasy players

I am guilty of this every year... and I do pretty well... Although every year, I swear Ill go domiant RB's...

I don't even bother with RB-by-committee, it's too much trouble to try to get both backs. And I despise picking 'handcuff' picks before I think they should be picked, unfortunately most fantasy owners will reach to pick backup RB's just to attempt to fill the almighty RB position which is my biggest pet peeve with fantasy football.

Instead of RB by committee I have Tomlinson and three risks (Julius Jones, Foster and Benson) hoping that at least one and hopefully two of them pan out. I never had any chance to select DeAngelo Williams cause he went with the next pick after I picked Foster - in the FOURTH round, mind you. I was set to pick Barber to handcuff Jones in the twelveth round, I figured that was the right round to get him - unfortunately so did the guy picking five spots in front of me :rolleyes: So I wound up picking Turner to handcuff Tomlinson a pick later, but he's a disposable part in case something better comes along.

Edited by Hasan4978

I don't even bother with RB-by-committee, it's too much trouble to try to get both backs. And I despise picking 'handcuff' picks before I think they should be picked, unfortunately most fantasy owners will reach to pick backup RB's just to attempt to fill the almighty RB position which is my biggest pet peeve with fantasy football.

Instead of RB by committee I have Tomlinson and three risks (Julius Jones, Foster and Benson) hoping that at least one and hopefully two of them pan out. I never had any chance to select DeAngelo Williams cause he went with the next pick after I picked Foster - in the FOURTH round, mind you. I was set to pick Barber to handcuff Jones in the twelveth round, I figured that was the right round to get him - unfortunately so did the guy picking five spots in front of me :rolleyes: So I wound up picking Turner to handcuff Tomlinson a pick later, but he's a disposable part in case something better comes along.

I'm with you on the RB by comittee...I just started out with this Fantasy Football on this board (I'm sure by now you've heard I picked Bledsoe first round :D ....Crasher likes to bring it up :) ) I figured I'd try to get a really good QB and a really good RB early....I have the 11th pick so I pick twice really quickly...I took Bledsoe first because 3 QBs had already gone and I think he's going to have a helluva year with T.O. and then I took Rudi Johnson....my other RB's I'm hoping will pan out so far I've got Tatum Bell of Denver...I have a hunch Dayne won't work out and Tatum will carry the load and he has the ability to....anyway after that I picked my strong WR (of course my 3rd Rnd pick doesn't come until 20 picks after my 2nd round....so i was stuck with who to pick) I ended up getting Terry Glenn because I figure with teams doubling up on T.O. it'll give Bledsoe a chance to throw the deep ball to Glenn picking up a lot of yardage and a TD usually....of course this is just my rationale and with the way the draft on this board is going I'm going to end up with a crappy starting line-up....mostly by my own failed design but hopefully I'll get the hang of it next year :D

... three risks (Julius Jones, Foster and Benson) hoping that at least one and hopefully two of them pan out. ...

Are you crazy? JJ is going to win the rushing title this year! risk! Pffft! :evil:

that fat clown coaching my team has more important asses to kick then Julius' :P

Though I did find that top 21 list pretty funny

we had a guy who drafted boo williams each year just to say BOO all the time :doh1:

I think he will....and this year who ever picked him....Crasher I think...did a good thing. This is a make or break year for him. If he can't produce the 'Boys have 2 other options and would be more than willing to part with him to a team like the Jets who are in MAJOR need of a RB....I'm pretty sure he knows this...he'll tear it up this year!!

• 2 weeks later...

Who was the second player to get booted???........oh and I feel sooooooooo bad now...just read that Greg Jones is out for the year...I traded him to mr. auto pick DevilsDude for L. White.....I kinda feel bad :)

im hopnig i get the risk/reward facotr in my favor with JJ. lol

from a non biased point of view JJ can still be a great pick....better if you have Barber too but still good simply because with the Cowboy's passing game (especially once TO gets in the mix) and the 2 TE formation we can get solid blocking to open holes and make the opposition's D fall back to cover our WR....that plus its a make or break season for him...he really could put up big numbers...I'd give up Tatum Bell for him :) .....maybe...... :P

Edited by UnderDogX

yea thats why i referenced the risk reward factor, hes a big risk, but if he has a make year and not a break year the reward outweighs the risk.

I do wish to wish all the teams good luck.

I'm with you on the RB by comittee...I just started out with this Fantasy Football on this board (I'm sure by now you've heard I picked Bledsoe first round :D ....Crasher likes to bring it up :) ) I figured I'd try to get a really good QB and a really good RB early....I have the 11th pick so I pick twice really quickly...I took Bledsoe first because 3 QBs had already gone and I think he's going to have a helluva year with T.O. and then I took Rudi Johnson....my other RB's I'm hoping will pan out so far I've got Tatum Bell of Denver...I have a hunch Dayne won't work out and Tatum will carry the load and he has the ability to....anyway after that I picked my strong WR (of course my 3rd Rnd pick doesn't come until 20 picks after my 2nd round....so i was stuck with who to pick) I ended up getting Terry Glenn because I figure with teams doubling up on T.O. it'll give Bledsoe a chance to throw the deep ball to Glenn picking up a lot of yardage and a TD usually....of course this is just my rationale and with the way the draft on this board is going I'm going to end up with a crappy starting line-up....mostly by my own failed design but hopefully I'll get the hang of it next year :D

Don't feel bad. Last year I chose Kerry Collins in the first round, pick 10. It worked.Until week 10ish when he started palying poorly then iw ent with VIck the rest of the season. I even ended up getting Edge/Westbrook as my 2/3

I hope JJ has a big year, he's the #2 RB on my team in the league I run :P But I do worry about the injury factor with him obviously. I wanted to pick Barber but I disdain using handcuff picks too early so I waited then right before I was going to pick him some weasel took him a few spots in front of me :rant: That's my biggest beef with fantasy football, the overinflated value of even backup RB's.

Incidentally if anyone cares to rate my team, I'm in a twelve-team league - pretty much normal scoring, we start two RB's and two WR's, plus one RB/WR flex. Also a QB, TE, K and DEF

QB - Plummer, Vick

RB - Tomlinson, J. Jones, Foster, Benson, M. Turner

WR - R. Moss, D. Jackson, B. Edwards, Wilford

TE - Witten, Putzier

K - Stover

DEF - Pittsburgh, New England

Edited by Hasan4978

They were a what the hell fifteenth-round pick, although I probably would have been better off taking Philly cause they have a much more favorable Week 4 matchup. I didn't look at byes as much as I should have, a lot of my key players seem to all be out Week 3 :lol:

EDIT: Guess I could pick up Buffalo or (gak) Kansas City for a Week 4 matchup.

Edited by Hasan4978

oh yeah yeah...forgot about that....technically before the draft started right??

Yeah, he like Super 17 did not answer emails or PM's so he got tossed aside for someone who was willing to be around and keep the league active!

thanks guys!

Was no problem and after hearing Brian bitch for YEARS on how tough it was to put the players in I got it done in less then an hour B ):cryriver::evil:

and I like seeing my team in there better... gives me better perspective and with putting all the players in (did I get it all right?) also lets me know which teams suck and which don't :lol:

thanks guys!

Was no problem and after hearing Brian bitch for YEARS on how tough it was to put the players in I got it done in less then an hour B ):cryriver::evil:

and I like seeing my team in there better... gives me better perspective and with putting all the players in (did I get it all right?) also lets me know which teams suck and which don't :lol:

So whats your list look like for top teams and bottom dwellers?