NJDevs Fantasy Football Chat

CRASHER

So whats your list look like for top teams and bottom dwellers?

Well firstly I discount my team from the picks, cause it's hard to evlauate with rose-colored glasses :evil:

Iggy's team is solid but could use a #2 RB and in a league you can play 3 RBs in a week that's not good (I know you can stick a WR in there, but I like the reliabilty of a solid RB better)

DD 530 has WAY too many QBs on his team and I don't like his RB's and WR's... being lazy and letting autopicks steer his fate may hurt him badly

all grief aside U-Dog's team is decent, though having to rely on Simms for even one week would scare me, if Tatum Bell wins the starting job he's strong at RB and is packed with #2 WR's which you can get away with in fantasy football

I like red's team ALOT... the TE is a gamble, but that's a bonus position (unless you have Gates :koolaid: ), I think his team is top tier

Eli may have the best WR set in the league and if Benson becomes a real RB (I think he will)... he's a contender too

LCB is deep at RB too and one of his non-Moss WR's should step up.. his team, like his real one all boils down to his QB :hah:

Manta could use a #2 RB and WR, but the rest is solid but as the season rolls on Williams could be the starter to replace Fragile Freddie!

Aylbert.. I like your team solid...balanced out, the only player on your team who makes me cringe (and I mean in the way that I'd hold my breath starting him each week) is Burress.. never liked him.. even in Pitt

and I think Brian's team here is prolly better then the one we have in our local "drama" league :lol:

Laflamme needs a #3 RB and a backup QB (I think Brunell is an AWFUL fantasy QB)... but for what he was handed he's got a good team with DANGEROUS WRs

Wolfpack better hope the Fraud runs for 50-100 yards a week.. I'm not big on Trent Green... or any Chief, cause of Herm Edwards.... having him run your team drops your offensive numbers in 1/2 :P

but of course this whole thing is prone to fall apart by a few injuries

hell I myself could likely use a #3 RB, but I figure that will come from the Colts training camp!

does that answer the question any ??

Proabably not!

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Manta could use a #2 RB and WR, but the rest is solid but as the season rolls on Williams could be the starter to replace Fragile Freddie!"

Your partly accuarte about Taylor; but I expect William to be starting by the time Tayolor gets hurt so I am covered.

As far as my WR's: If you took at look at QB/WR chemistry you would see that once Johnson became the starting QB on Minny, Taylor got 70% of the his throws' the same case with Matt Jones and Lefty in Jacksonville. Essentially, I have three #1 recievers. (4 if you count Engram, who will lead Seattle in receptions this year, but won't get the TD's).

Anyone see that stupid fantasy football draft with all the ESPN football guys. Reggie went 6th overall. I think he's a guy who will have an amazing second half.

That was aweful, and almost everyone made fun of that pick...

Reggie bush is a huge gamble. If Mcallister goes downa gain, he could have a huge season, but if not..I dont see him getting alot of carries

Crash great jobgetting things up on the web..

I've already changed my starting lineup twice!!

I agree with that, im changing my QB every 5 mins..Betwene the three I have, Alex Smith is way high risk, but hes playing Arizona. Delhomme is solid, but they're playing Atlanta who has a good D. And Brunell is also a gamble but they're playing Minnesota...so i have a dilemma!!

just so you guys know LEft Arm Chad wa snamed Jets QB, and J.P Losman was named bills QB inc ase you wanted to pick them up

I'd Rather pick up Lorenzen... Losman sucks period no need for anything else, he sucks. Chad's arm is a big question in terms of can he throw a lot and put up #'s in games all season, doubt it. Lorenzen is big and if Eli goes down will have so many weapons to throw to.

Tough break about Greg Jones... I had him in a league last year, and he was a beast after Taylor went down. I managed to come in 3rd out of 16 teams, fielding 2 backup RBs and Kevin Jones. Of course, my backup running backs were Greg Jones and some guy nicknamed "LJ." B )

I think Jacksonville gave Jones every chance in camp this year to distinguish himself as the #1 guy, but he failed to make any impression on the coaching staff in camp/preseason.

LJ was a beast last year, but I think Herm makes them a bit more predictable and Roaf not coming to camp doesn't help him.

Manta, have you been reading what the Jags said about Jones? All indications were that they were more than comfortable having him as their starter. Del Rio even mentioned that Taylor wasn't simply going to be handed the #1 spot - maybe that was just a motivational ploy to light a fire under Taylor's ass, but they're quite enamored with Greg Jones.

Just had a fun conversation here at work and it was fitting since it is football involved... since we are talking about our football draft here (speaking of.. anyone who wants to put up a $100 and feels like a drive up to Union is welcome to join)

"Hey who was that tight end who guaranteed this would be his best year ever"

"Ummm... that would be Kellen Winslow"

"Hell if he plays past WEEK TWO, he's already had it"

enjoy that one red :evil:

Just had a fun conversation here at work and it was fitting since it is football involved... since we are talking about our football draft here (speaking of.. anyone who wants to put up a $100 and feels like a drive up to Union is welcome to join)

"Hey who was that tight end who guaranteed this would be his best year ever"

"Ummm... that would be Kellen Winslow"

"Hell if he plays past WEEK TWO, he's already had it"

enjoy that one red :evil:

what was he a 9th rounder??

anything over 20 catches and 1 TD is bonus points baby!!!

whos LJ?! Pft. I think hes overhyped. Especially with Hermie running that team

Actually RB's the only offensive position that won't take an automatic downturn in the Herm offense, since LJ'll get the ball 400+ times :rolleyes: and have plenty of chances to pile up stats similar to last year even if he's nowhere near as effective on balance. I wouldn't touch any other player on a KC offense though, even Tony Gonzo'll probably suffer a bit in the Herm Offense of Draws on 3rd and 8 :P

Edited by Hasan4978

Actually RB's the only offensive position that won't take an automatic downturn in the Herm offense, since LJ'll get the ball 400+ times :rolleyes: and have plenty of chances to pile up stats similar to last year even if he's nowhere near as effective on balance. I wouldn't touch any other player on a KC offense though, even Tony Gonzo'll probably suffer a bit in the Herm Offense of Draws on 3rd and 8 :P

Im now a little confused about the Herm comments with the Jets...

If I remember correctly, the Jets offensive problems were all Paul Hackett's fault correct?

And Curtis Martin won the NFL wushing title 2 years ago too

Im now a little confused about the Herm comments with the Jets...

If I remember correctly, the Jets offensive problems were all Paul Hackett's fault correct?

And Curtis Martin won the NFL wushing title 2 years ago too

Wushing? Someone sounds a little inebriated :evil:

Hackett's always been a loser as an OC. He's a QB coach, that's it. Herm brought in Hackett because they both share the same offensive beliefs that set football back 50 years :P Just like Schottenheimer and Hackett were tied at the hip in the early '90's.

Edited by Hasan4978

so U-Dog ... did you see the WALLOP poor Bledsoe took tonight ??? :doh1::rant::ph34r::pray:

I was watching the recap.....the more important story is the fact that Fat Tuna sent the game to OT and Vandy missed 2 short FG's......that's insane....CUT HIS @$$$$$$$ NOW!!!! :rant::rant::rant::rant:

But Yeah I'm soooooo hoping Bledsoe's ok....screw Fantasy football for the sake of the Cowboys I hope he's ok!!!

Parcells says he's fine... but that and $3 will get you on the PATH train :P

At least Romo looks like he's servicable....

True...I'm sure Bledsoe will be ok.....he's one of the most durable QB's in the league....had to be last year with our O-line!!

And yeah Romo does look like a decent back-up....better be now that Henson is gone...of course Tony has yet to throw a pass in the NFL....

The game ended well in my opinion though...shows we are defeatable yet have the strength to pull a comeback and that was our second unit (of course it was their second unit too)....now the only thing we really have to worry about is the kicking game....Tuna is snake bit with the Cowboys and kickers.....

I've been really impressed with our young WR core....I was only looking for more of Miles Austin (he's from Monmouth which I attend :D ) looks like he'll be on the practice squad though....Green might be riding the train home after that awful performance tonight though....had high hopes for him too!!!