NJDevs Fantasy Football Chat

CRASHER

Yeah, that's true...I'll admit that....I did target too many guys...at least the first few rounds...Chris Brown is a gamble but I think he'll have a good season..he's got more of an upside if he can stay healthy....but with Bledsoe and Glenn and even Tatum I grabbed too much for person over position....I'll keep that in mind next year :)

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gambles are for rounds 10+. You shouldnt use a 1st or 2nd pick on a he could have a big season; or he could suck.... like you did with Bledsoe. I think i took a risky 1st round pick, 10th overall in Brown. Worst case, I think he'll get 1000+ yrds rush, 200 rec, 5 tds... Best case, considerablly better.

6 Words: Kerry Collins in Round One Beatches

I think ever pick this guy took when he took them was a risk lol.

As for playing the Laflamme card, yea dont play that card cos I already did the second I agreed to take this team.

As for Julius. Ya'll will see hes gunna have a creer year and carry my losing team!!

3) Having to keep track of three different rosters, all with conflicting interests, is such a pain. I was hoping I'd at least have rosters that were close, but I guess not. :P

'Tis why I didn't bother with this league when I'm already running a pay league (well that and I didn't want to deal with the silly 'board draft'), I know I wouldn't give this league the time or attention I'd give the other one and would have to root against my team here in some cases...then again I did much better in this one than I did in the other one last year :lol:

'Tis why I didn't bother with this league when I'm already running a pay league (well that and I didn't want to deal with the silly 'board draft'), I know I wouldn't give this league the time or attention I'd give the other one and would have to root against my team here in some cases...then again I did much better in this one than I did in the other one last year :lol:

Money leauges tend to be much more competitive...

As for Julius. Ya'll will see hes gunna have a creer year and carry my losing team!!

Hey I actually believe that (of course I'm a Cowboys fan so I really WANT to believe it :) ) but seriously if the passing game lets loose early then the running game could be big all season and JJ does have the talent to have big games if that happens...the only problem....for you at least...would be Barber getting those short yardage, goal line situations....

Money leauges tend to be much more competitive...

No kidding :P I was just pointing out the irony of doing better in a league I spent far less time in. I actually did well in the money league my first year, had the best regular season record but then lost to a scrub 8-6 team in the first round of the playoffs after he picked up Billy Volek who had a field day against the Raiders :rolleyes:

WoW. I just noticed that the QBs got no respect at all in this leauge... 1 pt per 50 yrds, yet you still lose 3 per interception. So 400 yrds, 3 tds, 2 int nets you only 4 + 18 - 6 = 16 pts. Yet an rb who runs 100 yds with a td (typical good day) gets (10 + 6) = 16 pts.

My bad for not noticing prior, but I thinks thats a bit out of whack.

I always looked at it as if you throw for 200 yards, 1 TD and 3 Int.. you had a bad day... you should be punished and not get a lot of points... the -3 for the INT penalizes you for taking a fool like Favre who throws it all too recklessly (and God Bless him for it!!)

I always looked at it as if you throw for 200 yards, 1 TD and 3 Int.. you had a bad day... you should be punished and not get a lot of points... the -3 for the INT penalizes you for taking a fool like Favre who throws it all too recklessly (and God Bless him for it!!)

Here I thought that was a shameless beating on our 1st round pick, Drew Bledsoe... I guess its fine if its Favre :whistling::whistling:

Here I thought that was a shameless beating on our 1st round pick, Drew Bledsoe... I guess its fine if its Favre :whistling::whistling:

Favre would pray for a game he only turns it over twice and actually found the RIGHT end zone ;)

pretty happy with my results so far... won two games and the third one was vintage Scott luck of having the 3rd highest point total in the week and playing the guy who had the highest one... sh!t happens :P

it's gonna be curious to see the panic moves made and people who dump players for guys who looked good in week 1 and may never been seen again :lol:

50% = dead even

Sworn Defenders (100%) defeats Devils Dogs

------SD still has Washington D playing while they already have a 92.88 to 64.64 victory.

Tony Romo (75%) defeats Value

------Still a lot going on. Romo has a starts RB and TE playing in L. Jordan and Gates. Gates is canceled out by Rivers for the most part (any short TD passes would be nullified). Lemont Jordan should run for a decent amount, and with Romo having a 12 pts leading going into the night, I trust they will win. The only way Value pulls through is if Phillips does not throw to Gates while passing heavy to LT (less running, more catching --- ESPICALLY TDs).

ELI (100%) defeats Lo$man

-----Randy Moss verse Santanna Moss. Randy might have a tough time this game, but it wont matter. Satanna Moss can not make up the current 27 pt difference as it is...

MantaRavens (97%) defeats the Wolfpack

----- Manta finished with 89.78, Wolfpak is behind with 59.60, nearly 30 pts behind. Betts, a backup RB playing a starter this week is his only hope. Anything short of 180 yards, 2 TD's or 120 yards, 3 TDs, and this is over. In other words, its over.

Dynamo (100%) defeats Crasherbeaters

With a 104.24 to 68.72 lead... Dynamo is looking strong, although finished for the week. Crasher still has Brandon Llyod and TJ Duckett in the game... but they are anything but in the game. This one is over.

Catch 22 (100%) humilates Team We're Gonna Lose... as they lose big. Catch is up 90.70 to 76.54, a respectable score. That is until you factor in that LT hasnt played yet. LT will push Catch 22 off the board with at least 80yrds (total) and a TD --- at least (most likely more). Chris Cooley, Catch's TE will cancel out Troy Williamson.

Final rankings:

1. Dynamo (w)

2. Catch 22 (w)

3. Sworn Defenders (w)

4. Manta (w)

5 ELI (w)

6. Tony Romo (w)

7. Crasherbeaters (L)

8. Value (L)

9. Lo$sermans Lo$er$ (L)

10. Wolfpack (L)

11. Devil Dogs (L)