Don't count out Leetch-Ranger redux

Rock

Don't count out Leetch-Ranger redux

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hockey/s...1p-377096c.html

The door that appeared closed weeks ago is ajar again. Brian Leetch and agent Jay Grossman have spoken several times in recent weeks with the Rangers hierarchy - from Glen Sather to assistant GM Don Maloney and head coach Tom Renney. The sides have expressed mutual interest in exploring a way to get Leetch back on Broadway, but contract terms have yet to be discussed.

"Yes, we've spoken with the Rangers," Grossman said yesterday. "But Brian hasn't arrived at the point yet where he's told me to go ahead and engage in what I would deem to be serious discussions with anybody."

Leetch, a 38-year-old unrestricted free agent, apparently has made up his mind to play another season. The Rangers' payroll is at $40.6 million, giving them wiggle room under a $44 million salary cap. However, the Rangers might decide to spend some of that cap room - making a Leetch return more difficult - by signing another forward to replace Jed Ortmeyer, who was diagnosed with a pulmonary embolism.

John Dellapina

Originally published on August 30, 2006

I think Dellapina has a Brian Leetch doll in his bed. I have never scene a writer canvass so much for his favorite player to be re-signed. He has been reporting his fantasy wishes since Leetch left several years ago, yet he is still making his pitch to Sather.

As much as i love leetch, unless there is a trade in the works, the rangers just dont have room for him at this point. Malik, Rozsival, Rachunek, Ward, Tyutin, Kasparaitis, and Pock are already 7. If they wanted to trade Rozsival and sign leetch fro a year until staal is completely ready, i could maybe see this, as much as id like it, i doubt it happens.

You’re not really dying are you? :(

i plan on it eventually :lol:

just not any time soon! loveing life too much.

i know it's getting to be about that time, he is up there in age but i'm not ready to see my hero go. i know he's not the player he used to be and i know it's very unliekly he'll be commign back but i would really love to see him in the blue one more time.

Edited by gordienumber9

ONE WORD: Wow.

One word. Enough! Everytime I make a post about it, you have the same response. Why? I have stated repeatedly how I feel. Why is it so hard to believe? It's not worth making a big deal over.