Early Camp observations

Rock

I got there at the end of the 1st session, saw the whole second session. Introduced myself to Crasher and ESB.

Gionta was on the ice 1st session. No letter at all on Elias' jersey. Rupp took a major spill into the boards, got up and seemed OK. Elias hollering a couple times over goals scored! B )

2nd session vets on the ice: Elias. Langenbrunner, White, Martin, Brylin, Marshall, Clemmenson, Rupp.

Elias was directing some of the drills as a leader should. B )

Some rookies on the ice that I can remember: Ryznar, Greene, Zajac, Bergfors.

I didn't really notice any of the rookies because Elias always seemed to be doing something to draw my eye. Martin, to me had a really good practice.

I got there at the end of the 1st session, saw the whole second session. Introduced myself to Crasher and ESB.

Gionta was on the ice 1st session. No letter at all on Elias' jersey. Rupp took a major spill into the boards, got up and seemed OK. Elias hollering a couple times over goals scored! B )

2nd session vets on the ice: Elias. Langenbrunner, White, Martin, Brylin, Marshall, Clemmenson, Rupp.

Elias was directing some of the drills as a leader should. B )

Some rookies on the ice that I can remember: Ryznar, Greene, Zajac, Bergfors.

I didn't really notice any of the rookies because Elias always seemed to be doing something to draw my eye. Martin, to me had a really good practice.

That's awesome...and being the Elias advocator I am, I'm loving hearing the leadership stuff!! I wish it wasn't almost a 2 hr drive or I'd go myself to one of those....

which reminds me...the players sign stuff afterwards and what not (have interactions with the fans) or do they just get up there do their stuff and leave??

which reminds me...the players sign stuff afterwards and what not (have interactions with the fans) or do they just get up there do their stuff and leave??

Some of them stop right as they step off the ice to sign and then outside you can get almost all of them (I've done this at practices a lot in the past and I think the only one who didn't stop was Stevens) as they're leaving in their cars/walking to their cars.

Hey again Rock... sorry if I seemed anti-social... I am two weeks behind on sleep and they usually have longer breaks between sessions so I had no time to fool wiht my pictures and the new thumbnail galleries I was working on!!

Stevens = HELL to get stuff signed from :P

i also wanted to add since we were lucky enough to sit by Terreri and some of the other coaches... things we got to hear....

the coaches like Frank Doyle and his ability to stay calm in the crease (Terreri's own words)... they didn't like some of the drills Julien was running either :lol:)... this camp more then ever felt like there was an emphasis on OFFENSE in the drills and generating them and Julien was also obsessed with some stuff by the faceoff circles and explains and teaches a LOT before each drill (also good)... he also sounds an awful lot like Pat Burns which was odd.... Colin White was also fantastic today and no one got past him!!!

And of course... I took some pictures B )

http://138.89.132.230:1940/06-07/Camp0915/index.htm

Enjoy !!!!

Anyone notice how Zajac and Bergfors looked?

They didn't suck!!! :P

Zajac scored a few goals in the drills... I don't think Bergfors is ready but that's only based on ONE day of action... way too early to tell

oddly enough Rupp looked like he learned how to skate too :D

The gallery for the first session doesn't come up for me....just lots of text!

And can you confirm that baby Gionta is indeed super tiny :P

you're using IE aren't ya ???

Leave it to effing Front Page to not work in ITS OWN WEB BROWSER :rant:

I'm working on it now...

They looked damn near identical which is WEIRD

not as weird as Jay being the Pandolfo with offensive skills :lol:

Hey again Rock... sorry if I seemed anti-social... I am two weeks behind on sleep and they usually have longer breaks between sessions so I had no time to fool wiht my pictures and the new thumbnail galleries I was working on!!

Stevens = HELL to get stuff signed from :P

i also wanted to add since we were lucky enough to sit by Terreri and some of the other coaches... things we got to hear....

the coaches like Frank Doyle and his ability to stay calm in the crease (Terreri's own words)... they didn't like some of the drills Julien was running either :lol:)... this camp more then ever felt like there was an emphasis on OFFENSE in the drills and generating them and Julien was also obsessed with some stuff by the faceoff circles and explains and teaches a LOT before each drill (also good)... he also sounds an awful lot like Pat Burns which was odd.... Colin White was also fantastic today and no one got past him!!!

And of course... I took some pictures B )

http://138.89.132.230:1940/06-07/Camp0915/index.htm

Enjoy !!!!

Good pics Scott. Are you going to practice any more this week? I was wondering if you saw any 6th-7th (more than likely) D-men. (I trust your judgement) Anything positive on Greene, Oduya or Harant?

Three Stars... yeah it was Marty/Doyle and Clemmy and Parise (who also worked the 3rd session)

thanks vince... I don't know my work schedule this week but once I find out I will squeeze 1-2 more days in at South Mountain!... though I am clueless after 1 day on who the #6 D or the extra forward (we need a 2nd line RW if Langs is on the 3rd line.... or a 3rd line RW if Langs is on the second... or a second line center if Parise ain't him.... confusing ain't it??)

Cool pics rock....your new camera takes nice piccies.

Thanks! I've been waiting to try it out for a month now. Indoor hockey pictures are some of the toughest to get to come out. I've taken them with film and have been satisfied. My other digital camera was ok but really couldn't take action pics (maybe I didn't know what I was doing then!) this one I was anticipating doing all sort of finagling with the camera, but basically I just framed the picture and started snapping away. :clap: I took 130 some odd pictures in an hour! :blink:

As I stated before I hope to post more and I hope to go back next week some time! B )

Thanks! I've been waiting to try it out for a month now. Indoor hockey pictures are some of the toughest to get to come out. I've taken them with film and have been satisfied. My other digital camera was ok but really couldn't take action pics (maybe I didn't know what I was doing then!) this one I was anticipating doing all sort of finagling with the camera, but basically I just framed the picture and started snapping away. :clap: I took 130 some odd pictures in an hour! :blink:

As I stated before I hope to post more and I hope to go back next week some time! B )

We just got a new didgital camera too, but not an SLR...waaay to expensive, but I am looking forward to seeing how it copes with hockey players...our old one didn't do too badly, but had a habit of focussing on the scratches in the glass, Generally with digital cameras these days, they have an action mode, we've had fairly good success with fast moving stuff in that mode.

Sorry, Rock, I didn't hear the part about who you were, but I've had less sleep than Crash lately. I didn't even notice Terreri and crew behind us, so that shows you how off my game I am ... we are excuse machines!

I'll just add to Crasher's thoughts, since those were mostly amulgamations of what we were talking about...

--I thought Ryznar looked exceptional during the one-on-one drills and like he needed some work in regular strength situations, which prob. hurts my contention that he could fill the right wing slot on the Madden line.

--Thought Zajac looked good, but green. He'll prob. be on a similar track as the younger Parise (that's Zach, of course).

--Also looking really confident was Tallackson.

--Speaking of Parise's, the elder one looked lost in second session and like the king of the universe in the third one so it's obvious where he fits on the depth chart.

--Sorry to say this, cause I like the kid, but Voros didn't look good at all. I think he's being passed on the depth chart.

--And while it's true Rupp was skating well -- and Terreri seemed to be impressed by his size (!!!!) -- he still has the same brain. I wasn't impressed by his stick handling (!!!!) or his shot selection.

--And cause I gotta say it... Elias looked phenomenal! (I liked the bird call that didn't come from him after he beat Marty in the shootout.) The only one who got him was the previously mentioned machine, Whitey. (That man can smile wickedly and still cut you down). Time to put the C in Patrik finally. ;)

--Oh and Crash forgot to share the best line of the day, which he said... Stephen Gionta is wearing his height on his jersey. He was No. 55.

Edited by Elias Sports Bureau

Sorry, Rock, I didn't hear the part about who you were, but I've had less sleep than Crash lately. I didn't even notice Terreri and crew behind us, so that shows you how off my game I am ... we are excuse machines!

I'll just add to Crasher's thoughts, since those were mostly amulgamations of what we were talking about...

--I thought Ryznar looked exceptional during the one-on-one drills and like he needed some work in regular strength situations, which prob. hurts my contention that he could fill the right wing slot on the Madden line.

--Thought Zajac looked good, but green. He'll prob. be on a similar track as the younger Parise (that's Zach, of course).

--Also looking really confident was Tallackson.

--Speaking of Parise's, the elder one looked lost in second session and like the king of the universe in the third one so it's obvious where he fits on the depth chart.

--Sorry to say this, cause I like the kid, but Voros didn't look good at all. I think he's being passed on the depth chart.

--And while it's true Rupp was skating well -- and Terreri seemed to be impressed by his size (!!!!) -- he still has the same brain. I wasn't impressed by his stick handling (!!!!) or his shot selection.

--And cause I gotta say it... Elias looked phenomenal! (I liked the bird call that didn't come from him after he beat Marty in the shootout.) The only one who got him was the previously mentioned machine, Whitey. (That man can smile wickedly and still cut you down). Time to put the C in Patrik finally. ;)

--Oh and Crash forgot to share the best line of the day, which he said... Stephen Gionta is wearing his height on his jersey. He was No. 55.

Bergfors?

Edited by DevilsLove111