GDT: 10-14 Flyers @ Devils 7:3-pm

jkrdevil

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zajac looked much better tonight. New Jersey should be a top team in the East with that much speed and skill.

I agree, the Atlantic is ours for the taking. I've watched a few of the Rangers and Flyers game this year and they both look slow to me. I think tonight was an example of that as the Flyers couldn't keep up over the course of the game and got tired out to the point where the Devils dominated the 3rd period.

I agree, the Atlantic is ours for the taking. I've watched a few of the Rangers and Flyers game this year and they both look slow to me. I think tonight was an example of that as the Flyers couldn't keep up over the course of the game and got tired out to the point where the Devils dominated the 3rd period.

Agreed - the Devils look like the best team so far, and have picked up right where they left off at the end of the last regular season. They've gotten some timely scoring, but if their offense looks like this all year, they shouldn't have that much trouble scoring goals. Their defense isn't what it was before the lockout, but the top 4 is solid, and when Hale comes back, he should solidify the third pairing. I do worry about Hale missing as much time as he will, though.

The Flyers have a garbage defense and Carter and Richards really didn't do much tonight.

And the Rangers - boy do they look bad. Looks like it's 1998-2004 out there right now - lot of names, no performance.

Edited by Triumph

Even more impressive - we are winning games *WITHOUT* contribution from our second line. If that Langenbrunner-Zajac-Elias line ever start producing 5-on-5....

I absolutely abhored the officiating tonight. Too many stupid penalties being called that really ruined the game. I used to be of the opinion that if they called it the same on both teams, there would be an equal number of powerplays and both teams would get their chances. No problem. But it really screws up the lines, ruins the flow of the game and for no good reason whatsoever. I mean some of what they were calling didn't even approach "borderline".