So....how many Rangers Suck/Flyers Swallow chants tonight?

metallidevils

I was at the game tonight...pretty good crowd, about 10 minutes before game time the place was empty..but it filled up. I was in section...220, which was right near the moron dressed in a cow suit and the 2 or 3 other fat drunk guys that insisted on doing the Rangers Suck/Flyers swallow chant literally at least every 10 minutes. I really felt embarrased, because I think it is so ridiculously stupid, and it happens EVERY game. The opposing team's fans must think we are retarded or something, and I wouldnt be surprised if our own players did too. I'm really sick of hearing that, I hate the Flyers and Rangers as much as anyone, but this is too much, save it for games AGAINST those 2 teams.

yeah but it should be our motto painted on the rock. "Rangers Suck". these guys may be drunk and obnoxious, but at least they are enthusiastic, which seems to be lacking too much from the rest of the crowd. we need to be the arena other teams dread to enter

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah but it should be our motto painted on the rock. "Rangers Suck". these guys may be drunk and obnoxious, but at least they are enthusiastic, which seems to be lacking too much from the rest of the crowd. we need to be the arena other teams dread to enter

Old thread much? :noclue:

the chant is annoying when said 34523453 times but its still fun. Does anyone else say you suck when we score a goal and its kind of part of the chant. I cant describe when to say it but it seems half and half of the stadium says it. I think its a good part of it and more people should say it I believe nashville had the same thing on one of the games i was watching when they were remotely good and the stadium did it and i got offended watching it on tv lol.

Funny story,

I was at the game with my mother, she's also a Devils fan, anyway the crowd did the Rangers suck Flyer swallow chant and as a joke I said to my mom "Mommy what does Flyers swallow mean?" (I'm 19) I thought it was funny and then 5 seconds later I heard a little kid in front of me ask his mom the same question. After that I felt like an a$$hole and I'll never do the Flyers swallow chant or Rangers suck, unless of course it's a Devils/Rangers game.

the chant is annoying when said 34523453 times but its still fun. Does anyone else say you suck when we score a goal and its kind of part of the chant. I cant describe when to say it but it seems half and half of the stadium says it. I think its a good part of it and more people should say it I believe nashville had the same thing on one of the games i was watching when they were remotely good and the stadium did it and i got offended watching it on tv lol.

Yes... I did it 10 times this weekend and each time saying HEY YOU SUCK after another amazing goal is scored sounds better and better!!!

If you don't like it... you have two choices:

1. kill yourself (recommended)

2. deal with it and be happy noise is being made!

Yes... I did it 10 times this weekend and each time saying HEY YOU SUCK after another amazing goal is scored sounds better and better!!!

If you don't like it... you have two choices:

1. kill yourself (recommended)

2. deal with it and be happy noise is being made!

Well said! Spoken like typical Jersey trash.

I won't always say Flyers swallow if I'm around kids, but it's funny if not. Yeah, some fans could be more careful when kids are there, but it's a hockey game, not a freaking elementary school. I've never been to a sporting event where people didn't say inappropriate things. Flyers swallow is rehearsed, which may bother some people, but if you bring kids to any game, you're taking the risk of them hearing something inappropriate. That's not a Jersey thing, that's a sports thing. Heckling is part of the game, and in the heat of the moment, fans, myself (especially) included say much worse than Flyers swallow. If it bothers you that much, save yourself some money and take the kids when they get a little older.

The Rangers suck chant is fine, but it's done way too often. It's not funny anymore. I wish the place was louder too, but we need something else. Also, I don't really like the "--- swallows" part. There's children at these things for chrissakes.

Kids probably hear this stuff in school before they hear it at a hockey game. Not to mention they have no idea what it means.

Watching the game from Saturday, after one of the goals (when they zoom in and show the fans) you could see about an eight year old yelling "HEY, YOU SUCK". I thought it was so funny.

LITTLE NICKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hail: :hail:

that kid is an EFFING SUPERSTAR!!!!!!

(if you sit by me like EVER you know of whom I speak!!!) :clap:

Flyers fan and his 2 younger kids behind me all lover the Flyers swallow thing for some reason. What was weird is they couldn't make it out so the 15 year old kid sitting next to me turned around to inform them, in a nice manner. It was a bizarrely cordial and enjoyed interaction between them.