Site now forgets what I've read

mddevsfan

Just yesterday, threads started lighting back when I refreshed as if there were new posts, even though there aren't. Even now, there are threads being displayed as if I haven't read them, but the last post in the thread is mine! It is happening on both my home computer and my work computer, and I'm definitely logged in.

Is anyone else having this problem?

It's not a huge deal, but it is making it hard for me to tell what I've read and what I haven't.

Just yesterday, threads started lighting back when I refreshed as if there were new posts, even though there aren't. Even now, there are threads being displayed as if I haven't read them, but the last post in the thread is mine! It is happening on both my home computer and my work computer, and I'm definitely logged in.

Is anyone else having this problem?

It's not a huge deal, but it is making it hard for me to tell what I've read and what I haven't.

sometimes

Did your browser update recently? Maybe a setting got changed and now it doesn't reload the page (that is, grab a new copy from the server) so much as it refreshes the current cached copy. What are you using? IE, Firefox, Netscape, Opera...?

I don't have this problem, but then again, I usually look for new posts by clicking the "View New Posts" link at the top of the page.

Did your browser update recently? Maybe a setting got changed and now it doesn't reload the page (that is, grab a new copy from the server) so much as it refreshes the current cached copy. What are you using? IE, Firefox, Netscape, Opera...?

I don't have this problem, but then again, I usually look for new posts by clicking the "View New Posts" link at the top of the page.

Internet Explorer, 7 at home and 6 at work. Neither has been updated in the last week or two. The problem behaves exactly the same on both computers, and had never happened before until lunchtime yesterday. It appears to still be occurring today.

It's weird, I'll read a few threads and hit refresh, and it will mark them as read. I'll repeat the process a few times, working my way through the list, until eventually the ones I'd marked as read earlier revert to being unread, even though there haven't been any new posts. If I leave and come back later, there appears to be no rhyme or reason to why threads are marked as read or unread, even though they don't have any new posts.

Just checked, and it happens there as well. I left, closed the browser, came back and hit "View New Posts", and the first one on the list was this thread, in which the last post was mine, and the thread was marked as read before I exited.