redruM

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Rivalry

In general I like the schedules, I cannot get enough of the Devils beatingup on the Rangers, the Flyers and The isles. I donot understand why we need to play the Rags 4 times in Feb., and have the season series finished before the end of November. It seems to me we should be playing our division rivals more during that last 4 weeks of the season. Seriously who are the brainiacs that thought it was a good idea to have the Devs and Rags finished with their series by Feb.?

I saw a quote from Gomer yesterday, that he thinks 8 games between NY & NJ is too much, I disagree, just think its been too much too close together, spread them out over the season and I think it works well. 1 thing about rivalries, they thrive, when either both teams are good or both team are bad, I donot care how often or how little you play, If 1 teams dominates the series the rivalry will lose its luster..

The Game

It seems to me like Avery has brought a new dimension to this rivalry, he's crashing the net, and does not care who is inthere, I think many of the Rags have so much respect for Broduer that they donot go near him. The end of the 2nd period last night was as intense of a moment as we have seen between these 2 teams in about 8 or 9 years!! Maybe since the Mess hit on Gilmour. And Thats a good thing, for too long this rivalry has sucked, along with the Rags, although it did seem to pick up on the intensity dept. last year, until the playoffs anyway.

I really would have liked to have seen Jansen get his hands on Avery, but I guess we knew that would not happen.

No Gionta, No Elias, so we knew the offense was not going to be great, but the Zajak line was buzzing all night, and Gomer even managed to create some good opportunities. I'm still very concerned about this team, the rags seemed to have the DEVS on their heals alot last night, and Nylanders speed seemed to give the Devils fits...

I was thinking a great way to the end the season would be playing the last 10 games only against your own divisional foes. Winning a division can be the difference between a 3 seed and a 6 or 7 seed. The league can maximize the chance of having 2 teams fighting for the division play late in the season by having the divisions only play each other at the end. This also would cut down on travel at the end of the year and hopefully lead to fresher players for the playoffs as well.

I was thinking a great way to the end the season would be playing the last 10 games only against your own divisional foes. Winning a division can be the difference between a 3 seed and a 6 or 7 seed. The league can maximize the chance of having 2 teams fighting for the division play late in the season by having the divisions only play each other at the end. This also would cut down on travel at the end of the year and hopefully lead to fresher players for the playoffs as well.

I agree 100%

it's a nice idea but usually the most exciting races at the end are teams battling for the 8-seed as well as 1-2-3 seed as well as division titles.... and for that to happen you kinda need to play the whole conference, now if the last 15 games were all against each team in the conference THAT could be a little interesting too, but I hold my breath on no good innovations from the NHL :P

I'm Starting to Feel it...

SO I was watching a New NHL game last night and right in the middle and old time Hockey game broke out. And it was exciting as hell!! Imagine that...

Ott and Buff put on a great show last night, great hockey, great controvery and a great fight.... There was alot of scoring, there was some very good goaltending there was a ton of tension...

The last few nights have been great you can feel the playoff tension starting to build. Sean avery and the rangers running Broduer, trying to get in his head and still only come out with 1 out of 4 pts. Then Ott lays out Buff best player, which BTW was a late hit, but not a dirty hit, Drury certainly got caught off guard...

Ruff was very upset about the Drury hit and showed it by putting out his goon line... and then all hell broke loose!!

My favorite part.. Emery, 1st kicking Biron's butt, and whne he realised that Biron was no match he lets him go and he agreed to fight the heavy weight..and held his own!! He can play on my team anytime!!

BTW why did the goalies get thrown out??

Seriously the intensity last night was great, it was sit on the edge of your seat hockey. lets up this continues to build as we get closer to the playoffs. If the NHL can get that intensity every night the fans will come back, attendance will improve ratings will improve and maybe we can get on a real TV station!!!

The problem is with all the ticky tack penalties its really difficult to get the intentsity going, some of the refs just seem to blow the whistle for contact, which was never the intent...

Zach Parisse has been on fire as of late, he seems to be involved in every big goal NJ scores lately. I alwys thought he was going to be good, but not this good this fast. If the devils can somehow manage to keep Gomer in Nj, they have 2 lines that could be the driving force for the next 3 to 6 years.

PLus with all the good young talent on "D", well lets just say we might be parading through Newark in the near future..

And for the record, I used to like Micheletti as the Isles analyst, but i watched the Rangers in 60 last night just to see the highlights of the game.. Micheletti has turned into such a friggin homer.. maybe as bad as Chico, just shut up and call the game Jagr does enough whining for both of you!!

I think goalies fighting means they automatically get tossed....

not to mention if you sit down and do nothing for an hour like that it's an easy way to get the goalie hurt by throwing him back in the game and the backups are already in the flow of the game

makes no sense to put the starters back in at that point of the game (I still think they get tossed from the game automatically)

Oh yeah... that's what the rule is.... I remember Patrick Roy did that against the Rangers in 1996... went totaly psycho and came out of the net and stickhandled the puck down to the Ranger blue line and shot it at Richter in aggrivation on his OWN team not being able to clear the zone !!!!

Oh yeah... that's what the rule is.... I remember Patrick Roy did that against the Rangers in 1996... went totaly psycho and came out of the net and stickhandled the puck down to the Ranger blue line and shot it at Richter in aggrivation on his OWN team not being able to clear the zone !!!!

Well there is that rule about touching the puck beyond the red line

Some how DePietro got away with that the other night which should

of drawn a pen but didn't

I think ( and I just checked and they did) they both got minors for leaving the crease......but I don't think that is grounds for an automatic tossing......

Currently twiddling my thumbs (oh.....erm...I mean working) waiting for the league to decide what action they will take.

I think ( and I just checked and they did) they both got minors for leaving the crease......but I don't think that is grounds for an automatic tossing......

Currently twiddling my thumbs (oh.....erm...I mean working) waiting for the league to decide what action they will take.

The only actionneeded is a quick rematch..

which we get tmrw..

Thank god for CI!!! :hail:

Ya....it CBC feed so no Jeanerette.....though I'll have to DVR CI and MSG feed just in case the powers that be choose to black this one out on CI (i'll be going to the Rats gain.....asuming they don't stink the building out tonight.....sucky rats <_< ).

This poor spelling brought to you in honour of redrum :P

Trade Deadline Day

As a die hard hockey fan today maybe be the most exciting day of the regular season. Rumors flying everywhere, false trade reports, and hockey fans everywhere waiting ont he edge of their seats for THEIR team to make that 1 trade that will give them a little more hope that the CUP will be coming to their town very soon!! Of coruse then 3PM hits, the rejection and disappointment that your team did not make that deal begins to churn, you really begin to boil, going off on your GM and then at 5PM another deal is announced, and it happens to be your teams getting "THE" player that you wanted... Its almost as good of a feeling as winning the CUP itself .. but its not the CUP...and now the run to the CUP Begins...

I know I will get about NO work done today, I'll spend the entire day checking websites, from NJDevs, to RDs site to TSn, to see what is happeneing, not that it matters any if i know at noon or at 5PM, but I want to KNOW NOW!!! I can email my son or my brother and say hey we got this guy, Frig Buff got that guy, or HAHAH the dopey rags brought in another dud!!

Of course I am not the only need to knoe now fan, many hockey fans will be buzzing today. Be prepared, more hockey websites crash today then the rest of the year combined!!

So here's to hoping that LL can somehow bring Chris Drury to NJ, I know its unlikely, but he is That Player for me....