Is it just me....

stevestevens

If anything they should just stick some gay broadway actors as the logo. I mean, not a single one can check, and when they try to *cough*jagr*cough* they end up hurt and crying.

Hey! That's not cool! I think Matthew Broderick would be pissed at that statement! :D

Well hey, at least next season we won't have to look any any of the pooptastic third jerseys! Although I wouldn't mind if the Devils wore their christmas trees once in awhile... Man I need to get me one of those.

It always pissed me off that the Broadway Blow-hards put the Statue of Liberty on their 3rd jerseys. We all know Lady Liberty is in New Jersey. Proven in court.

Absolutely! I've heard media comments that she's got her back to NJ. Of course she does, she's standing on OUR front porch waving to the neighbors!

It always pissed me off that the Broadway Blow-hards put the Statue of Liberty on their 3rd jerseys. We all know Lady Liberty is in New Jersey. Proven in court.

No it wasn't. The lawsuit in 1998 pertained to Ellis Island and not Liberty Island. Either way, the Rangers still suck.

Yah and only the part of Ellis Island that is artificial.

Either way, Liberty Island is Federal property and run by the National Park Service so neither state owns it. With that said, the Statue is a NY destination. Most don't visit NJ with the intention of visiting the Statue.

Either way, Liberty Island is Federal property and run by the National Park Service so neither state owns it. With that said, the Statue is a NY destination. Most don't visit NJ with the intention of visiting the Statue.

Very true. I would guess that most people who come as tourists to NJ come to the shore and AC.

Yeah, it's just you. That's Lady Liberty.

Just another way for the Rags to try to steal away some of the best fans on Earth from Jersey. :ph34r:

But it's easier to visit the Statue from Jersey and many do. It is on the Jersey side and much closer to NJ than NY. And like you pointed out it doesn't belong to either so I don't get the rags being allowed to wear it on their jerseys. Notice it isn't on NY's new license plates. There there was something in the court case about who had the rights to Liberty Island and they asked immigrants if when they saw the statue did it represent coming to NY and they said no, it represented America. It was a gift to the US and as such technically it belongs to every state. :D According to the National Parks website it's considered a national landmark for NY and NJ. http://www.nps.gov/stli/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberty_Island

New Jersey provides all the utilities to both Ellis Island and Liberty Island, such as electricity, water, and sewage.

Question 129 on a naturalization examination piloted in 2006 asks "Where is the Statue of Liberty?" The U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services gives "New York Harbor" and "Liberty Island" as preferred answers, but notes that "New Jersey," "near New York City," and "on the Hudson" are acceptable

That is all technically true, Liz. However, tourists will still equate it to NY and don't care if it is easier to get to from NJ...and usually for them it isn't since they are in NY already checking out other things. Why would they go to NJ only to go to the Statue?

As for the license plate, it used to be on them. Was it changed because of the lawsuit or just for change?

That is all technically true, Liz. However, tourists will still equate it to NY and don't care if it is easier to get to from NJ...and usually for them it isn't since they are in NY already checking out other things. Why would they go to NJ only to go to the Statue?

As for the license plate, it used to be on them. Was it changed because of the lawsuit or just for change?

Well whenever I've had out of state visitors that wanted to the statue we went from the Jersey side and the line was always long. So that's what I'm basing it on. My friends also toured NY but just did the statue another day so maybe other people do that too. I don't I know. I just hate arrogant NY. Yeah, I know the statue used to be on their plates and it wasn't right. As for why it was changed, I don't know. I would think they were made to remove it, because it is NY afterall and they think the own the world. :rolleyes:

Edited by LizDevil30