I bought a 32" LCD on Saturday!!

MadDog2020

Yes HD displays are addictive. I've personally bought 5 already, though I only have 2 at any given time. :P My first was a ridiculously heavy (300 lbs!) 4:3 40" Sony tube set, which I replaced about a year later with a 60" 16:9 Sony rear-projection LCD set. Meanwhile in my bedroom around 2 years after that, I bought a 42" Maxent plasma at Costco, which I replaced only a week later with a 50" Vizio plasma (also from Costco) that I'm still using. Finally, this past October, I replaced the 60" set with a Sony SXRD projector + 106" screen. :D And yes I'm having bouts of upgraditis here and there on the bedroom plasma with recent price drops and how much nicer current displays already are since they were in August 2005... :lol:

Edited by Googer

Yes HD displays are addictive. I've personally bought 5 already, though I only have 2 at any given time. :P My first was a ridiculously heavy (300 lbs!) 4:3 40" Sony tube set, which I replaced about a year later with a 60" 16:9 Sony rear-projection LCD set. Meanwhile in my bedroom around 2 years after that, I bought a 42" Maxent plasma at Costco, which I replaced only a week later with a 50" Vizio plasma (also from Costco) that I'm still using. Finally, this past October, I replaced the 60" set with a Sony SXRD projector + 106" screen. :D And yes I'm having bouts of upgraditis here and there on the bedroom plasma with recent price drops and how much nicer current displays already are since they were in August 2005... :lol:

Thats the Sony projection the salesman at tweeter was telling me about (drooool)

How do you like it? And boy would/will my wife be pissed :lol:

I absolutely love it; it certainly makes for a great viewing experience with everything I've thrown at it - DVD's, broadcast HD, HD-DVD's, Blu-Ray, as a giant computer monitor, and all game consoles (with Xbox360 and PS3 games of course being the best-looking ;)); heck, even broadcast SD manages to be watchable on it :P.

I absolutely love it; it certainly makes for a great viewing experience with everything I've thrown at it - DVD's, broadcast HD, HD-DVD's, Blu-Ray, as a giant computer monitor, and all game consoles (with Xbox360 and PS3 games of course being the best-looking ;)); heck, even broadcast SD manages to be watchable on it :P.

I was in Tweeter's theater the on Monday they had another model

that isn't as good and it looked great. They also had those motion seats

:lol: they where awesome and comfy too.

A little off topic, but the HDNet games get blacked out locally. I was really pissed about it last year and the first Devs game I ever saw in HD were the NBC games.

As far as the Fox Sports channels in HD. Fox Sports, I believe, is owned by Cablevision and while they permit DirecTV to broadcast the regular feeds, they use the HD feeds as a draw for customers. If they gave DirecTV the rights to the HD feeds, they'd probably lose a lot of business.

So far DirectTV has claimed 100 new HD channels in 2007 yet they have only released a list of 15 or so new HD channels. The major thing will be that to receive these "New" HD channels, you're gonna be forced to get a new HD Receiver. If you have DirectTV coming over now, have them make sure that the receiver they're putting in will be capable of carrying the MPEG-4 signal that DTV will switch to. Currently they use MPEG-2. Otherwise, they'll charge you upwards of $200 to switch later.

Just a heads up.