Congratulations to Doc!

For those who were wondering what Chico was talking about on the telecast, our very own Mike "Doc" Emrick is up again for a New York region Emmy for Outstanding On-Camera Talent: Sports Play-By-Play.

Doc won the award in 1997 and 2004 as well, and has some stiff competition:

Marv Albert - New Jersey Nets

Michael Kay - New York Yankees

Mike Breen - New York Knicks

Sam Rosen - New York Rangers

For anyone interested, the analyst competition is between Jim Kaat, JD and Ron Darling.

The awards will be handed out on April 1st at the Mariott in Times Square.

For those who were wondering what Chico was talking about on the telecast, our very own Mike "Doc" Emrick is up again for a New York region Emmy for Outstanding On-Camera Talent: Sports Play-By-Play.

Doc won the award in 1997 and 2004 as well, and has some stiff competition:

Marv Albert - New Jersey Nets

Michael Kay - New York Yankees

Mike Breen - New York Knicks

Sam Rosen - New York Rangers

For anyone interested, the analyst competition is between Jim Kaat, JD and Ron Darling.

The awards will be handed out on April 1st at the Mariott in Times Square.

Youre right - those are a bunch of stiffs compared to Doc.

Ron Darling did a pretty good job in his rookie season he gets my nod.

Well, Kaat and JD both left their fields after their respective seasons so the rookie Darling will likely be shut out.

And let's not forger what credentials 4 of the other 5 noms have.

Breen is the #1 guy for The NBA on ABC and ESPN, Marv's the #1 for the NBA on TNT, and Sam Rosen is the #1 guy for NHL Radio on Westwood One.

But Doc is better.

I really hope that when Doc finally hangs up the headset and unplugs the mic lead, that the Devils put a banner up in the rafters with "Emrick" or "Doc" and a microphone on it. The guy is the voice of New Jersey hockey, and hes just as much a part of any of the greatness of the last 15 years as any of the players.

I really hope that when Doc finally hangs up the headset and unplugs the mic lead, that the Devils put a banner up in the rafters with "Emrick" or "Doc" and a microphone on it. The guy is the voice of New Jersey hockey, and hes just as much a part of any of the greatness of the last 15 years as any of the players.

Now that would be a great idea. I am sure Lou and the Devils will show their appreciation to Doc when he finally hangs it up for good. A banner for Doc would be well deserved.

Doc could light up a chess match.

And according to Ted Nolan, he does! :P:whistling:

EDIT: And I can't believe I almost forgot... Congrats, Doc!! :hail:

Edited by mddevsfan

:clap:

Congrats Doc! It's so good to have the best in the business as the voice of the Devils.