Rangers trade Hall to Wild for Dupuis

SueNJ97

http://www.startribune.com/1330/story/886848.html

Lemaire was infuriated with the team's lack of effort and finally told his players, "If you don't feel like practicing, you can get off."

Left wing Pascal Dupuis did. Wes Walz and Brian Rolston left early, but not nearly as early as Dupuis.

"Pascal, he wants to get off, get off," Lemaire said. "He better skate [well Tuesday night] though. You've got different guys here.

"The finesse guy, the good players, they can take a day off, they don't lose their hands. The plumbers, they take a day off, they lose their hands, their skates, their gloves, their sticks."

So the trade was made as an angry overreaction to lack of effort in practice? Sounds stupid to me, probably a good trade for the rangers.

The Wild had been trying to trade Dupuis since before the All-Star break. They just couldnt find a team stupid enough to take him.

SatansDevils Posted Today, 05:34 PM

Actually this is a good trade for the Rangers. Dupuis is not a bad player.

This was a terrible trade for the Rangers. Dupuis is a mediocre player at best. Unfortunatly, I watch way more Wild games then I do Devils (I live in Iowa with only FSN North :doh1: ) and have consistantly noticed Dupuis as being the worst player on the Wild. His defense is average and his shooting ability makes Langenbrunner look like a sniper. The only thing good about Dupuis is that hes a fast skater.

Edited by Eltab213