Devils trade Korolyuk back to SJ

StormJosh

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=196464&hubname=nhl

The San Jose Sharks have reunited with right wing Alexander Korolyuk, acquiring him from the New Jersey Devils for a third-round pick in 2007.

In a salary cap-saving move, the Devils acquired Korolyuk and defenceman Jim Fahey from the Sharks in exchange for defenceman Vladimir Malakhov and a conditional first-round pick last fall.

Korolyuk, 31, last played in the NHL during the 2003-04 season, posting an NHL career-high 19 goals and 18 assists for 37 points in 63 games with San Jose.

The 5-foot-9, 190-pound has 62 goals and 80 assists for 142 points and 140 penalty minutes in 296 career games, all with the Sharks.

Edited by StormJosh

Yeah rowdy, that's what I thought. In any case i'm sure other GMs will be pissed. I don't understand why fahey and a 3rd for malakhov and a 1st wouldn't be allowed though. Seems like it's perfectly reasonable.

On the other hand Bell and Bernier have not done their job for San Jose, and maybe the GM Wilson looked into reacquiring Korolyuk as a solution to his offensive depth issues?

Meh, forgot about Wilson being there :doh1: So I guess there really was some Kool-Aid drinking going on here :lol:

Although word is from the Sharks' board on HF that he is actually going to play for them, that he always said the only coach he would play for is Wilson and plus he couldn't get away from his team until their season ended which happened recently. So I'm sure the Korolyuk part of the deal was calculated.