NFL Free Agency Thread

MadDog2020

Looking at some of the schedules the Jets have one of the hardest or toughest schedules in the NFL this season. Raiders, Patriots, Ravens, Cowboys, Dolphins and Bills as well.

The Jets always play the Dolphins, Bills & Pats...and for a while, the Pats have really been the only threat in the division. And when did the Raiders get tough?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Puh-leeez! I see a 5 TD, 450 yard game for Romo with TO, Glenn, and Crayton each going over 100! :lock:

The freakyfish will be lucky to get on the scoreboard!!

BTW week 6 has the prematch to the Superbowl. :evil:

Of course the schedule seems tough. When you're a AAA franchise playing in the pros, there is no easy schedule to put you on.

I would say to petition the NFL to give you guys a couple games against the SEC and Big East, but they'd smoke yer asses too! :rofl:

Sure, kick us when we're down. Easy enoug to do. :P BTW, How's your boy Lett? :rofl:

We should try to get all the Dolphins and Cowboys fans together for that game, could make some fun sh!t talk in the sports bar of choice !!! B )

DirecTV baby-I'll be watching from my couch. That's how I roll. :P

We should try to get all the Dolphins and Cowboys fans together for that game, could make some fun sh!t talk in the sports bar of choice !!! B )

Expect a phone call for Boys Bills from the Left Coast CRASHER...probably will be me calling you to vent about our run defense! :rant::lol:

Expect a phone call for Boys Bills from the Left Coast CRASHER...probably will be me calling you to vent about our run defense! :rant::lol:

that's if I hear it during my cursing out of the ESPN Anti-Sports morons ruining the game for me :lol:

but I'd expect no less from you sir!!! (watch this be the standard one game of the year that Julius looks like a flipping star !!!)

In other news QB Drew Bledsoe retires after 14 seasons playing with NE, BUF and DAL. Is he HOF material? Does Bledsoe have the numbers for the HOF?

I say he gets in but not on the first try. He does have the numbers as he reanks in the top 5 in a lot of QB stats.

i agree... stat compilers like him and the color blind fool who wore #16 his whole career are NOT great players and did not do anything close to being HOF mentioned over their careers, but I'd put Bledsoe with a better chance then Vinny because he did get to two Super Bowls and did make the big play vs the Steelers that lead to the start of the Patriots Era in the NFL.....

i agree... stat compilers like him and the color blind fool who wore #16 his whole career are NOT great players and did not do anything close to being HOF mentioned over their careers, but I'd put Bledsoe with a better chance then Vinny because he did get to two Super Bowls and did make the big play vs the Steelers that lead to the start of the Patriots Era in the NFL.....

Sure, kick us when we're down. Easy enoug to do. :P BTW, How's your boy Lett? :rofl:

DirecTV baby-I'll be watching from my couch. That's how I roll. :P

the Raiders could REALLY use Russel who looks like the real deal from what we've seen of him

the problem is their offensive line could be one of the most pathetic groups of all time.....

the stupidity may come in from how bad they have let this once-semi-storied franchise sink....

the Raiders could REALLY use Russel who looks like the real deal from what we've seen of him

the problem is their offensive line could be one of the most pathetic groups of all time.....

the stupidity may come in from how bad they have let this once-semi-storied franchise sink....

Sink? :blink: The Raiders once-semi-storied franchise has SUNK! :P There is no way but UP now for the Raiders franchise. "Just Win Baby!" :lol:

• 5 weeks later...

Looks like Herm is at it again... giving up on a guy who's been pretty good for them, but maybe over used because of his anti-coaching system!! The wheels are so gonna come off the bus in KC!!

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The New York Giants acquired veteran placekicker Lawrence Tynes from the Kansas City Chiefs on Tuesday for an undisclosed conditional draft pick.

The Giants lost their kicker in the offseason when Jay Feely signed with the Miami Dolphins as a free agent. Until the trade, they had rookies Josh Huston and Marc Hickok on their roster. Hickok was released Tuesday.

"Tynes is a veteran kicker who has kicked in some big games," Giants general manager Jerry Reese said. "He has made some long field goals."

Tynes made 68 of 87 field goal attempts (78.2 percent) in three seasons with the Chiefs, scoring more than 100 points each season.

However, Chiefs coach Herm Edwards didn't think Tynes was consistent.

The former Jets coach wasn't happy with him when he banged a chip-shot field goal attempt off the goalpost in a playoff loss to the Super Bowl champion Indianapolis Colts this postseason.

Tynes' future with the Chiefs became tenuous when Kansas City drafted Justin Medlock of UCLA in the fifth round. Medlock led Division I-A kickers with 2.15 field goals per game.

"We feel better about having a veteran kicker coming in and competing for the job," Reese said. "We're not bringing him in to give him the job. He has to earn it. We feel like we have a strong young guy versus a veteran kicker and the best kicker is going to win the job."

Born in Scotland, Tynes scored 107 points last season, hitting 24 of 31 field goal attempts and 35 of 36 extra point tries. He also had five touchbacks.

During his tenure with Chiefs, he converted six of 11 field goal attempts from 50 yards or farther.

The trade is the second for the Giants since Reese replaced Ernie Accorsi as general manager in January. New York acquired running back Rueben Droughns from Cleveland for wide receiver Tim Carter.

Tynes spent two seasons with the Ottawa Renegades of the CFL before coming to Kansas City. He beat out veteran Morten Andersen in training camp in 2004 and converted 17-of-23 field goal attempts and 58-of-60 PATs.

Tynes scored his career-high 125 points in 2005, hitting 27 of 33 field goal attempts and 44 of 45 PATs.

The soon-to-be 29-year-old played at Troy State, making 45 of 62 field goal attempts.

"We wanted a guy to come in here and put pressure on [Huston], who we really like a lot," Reese said. "Huston has a really strong leg. But we feel better about having a guy that's kicked in the league to come in and compete for the job."

And ESPN is reporting Keyshawn turned down an offer by the Titans and will probably retire and head into the broadcasting booth. I'm surprised he didn't do it sooner obviously. It's not like teams were beating down his door. Although as of last year he was still a decent possession receiver and stepped up when Smith was hurt so I'm a bit shocked the Packers didn't offer him anything. Anywho, not nearly HoF worthy but a good WR none the less.

that's a damn shame about Keyshawn... he was a solid player once he got away from the Jets (seemed to calm down his mouth)... at least he got his ring, though I'd not wanna be a part of Green Bay anyway... that team is gonna be a mess until Favre ENDS the circus and RETIRES

that's a damn shame about Keyshawn... he was a solid player once he got away from the Jets (seemed to calm down his mouth)... at least he got his ring, though I'd not wanna be a part of Green Bay anyway... that team is gonna be a mess until Favre ENDS the circus and RETIRES

I was shocked to see on the bottom line on ESPN news that Keyshawn Johnson has retired. :blink: He still has at least a year or two left in him and really thought he was going to the Raiders. The Titans showed some interest and I guess that didn't work out. The Chiefs, Giants, Texans and 49'ers were some of the other teams looking into Keyshawn. It looks like the broad casting booth for him now. He had a good career.