Leafs announcers killing the Devils

officerfarva

I hear the Leafs fans and announcers are going crazy over the Janssen hit on Kaberle. It was a late hit and NOT an elbow but too bad. I'm not trying to justify what Janssen did but this is an organization that has made a living off of cheap shots.

I remember when Domi knocked out Niedermayer with a cheap elbow and the next game in TO the fans were given signs the said something to the effect of "bring back Domi". Don Cherry called Niedermayer a faker and said the hit wasn't that bad. Do you think anyone in Canada is saying that Kaberle is faking it? It's called Kharma.

Other Leafs cheapshots: Tucker taking out Peca's knees, Corson concussing Kenny Jonnsson, Corson kicking Cairns, etc., etc.

Edited by officerfarva

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Roberts isn't dirty, neither in green, or Belak. Domi has had his moments, and Corson was an A-hole. But I don't think that it in any way justifies the hit. Janssen will go back the the AHL where he belongs.

Anyone see the replay? Tucker actually came out of the press box, and outside the dressing room door to have some choice words with Cam. He's a Warrior, I can't wait to have him back in the lineup.

The Leafs players are all over Janssen after the hit. O'Neill called him a meathead and that he took a run at the best defenseman in the NHL.

This doesn't look good for Janssen. This is against Toronto and this is Canada. This won't go unnoticed by anyone in the league.

Edited by devilsrule33

Thanks for your insight. Anyone who's not eleven years old want to talk abou the hit? Not sure what you mean about the helmat thing. I saw some joke about that on the Maple Leafs forums. Regardless, like Janssen, tucker isn't really a fighter. Thats what we've got Belak and Ondrus for. Neither were dressed tonight.

Thanks for your insight. Anyone who's not eleven years old want to talk abou the hit? Not sure what you mean about the helmat thing. I saw some joke about that on the Maple Leafs forums. Regardless, like Janssen, tucker isn't really a fighter. Thats what we've got Belak and Ondrus for. Neither were dressed tonight.

The Leafs players are all over Janssen after the hit. O'Neill called him a meathead and that he took a run at the best defenseman in the NHL.

This doesn't look good for Janssen. This is against Toronto and this is Canada. This won't go unnoticed by anyone in the league.

You want to talk crap about dirty play, look at your own damn team. Under Quinn, they were the dirtiest team to ever set foot on ice in modern day hockey.

You don't want to mess with me, bubba.

I'm a born and bred Canadian from the Great White and the one thing that I was raised to do was loathe the bloody Leafs and what they stood for under Quinn and what they still stand for..........Thug Hockey.

Take a hike.

Don't think I'm argueing. I'm discussing the topic and stating my opinion (the definition of a forum). I also joined before the game even started, I'm do that with every single forum, the leafs forum gets too crowded with spam come gametime.

My take on the hit was that it was clearly late, but it was a shoulder, not an elbow, and Cam did not leave his feet. The fact that Kaberle's head went into the boards afterwards definitely exacerabated his injury. Should've been a penalty, prolly 5 mins and a game misconduct, and Cam should get suspended a couple games. That being said, it was nowhere near being as brutal and dirty as the Make Belief fans are making it.

I just don't understand why you ... found... a Devils forum and registered less than an hour after the hit to discuss it with us. Did you really think we were going to agree with you and call to suspend our own player? I mean we are all pretty cool here and you aren't going to get verbally murdered here by any means. I just don't understand. It's like me finding a Leafs board so I can tell everyone that I love the Devils and the refs are awesome.

one more game at their place

Trust me, at least 50% of the leafs forum are non-leaf fans. It actually makes things better IMO. Although there are a few nasty trolls... and I'm not trying to be one in anyway (look at the GT thread, I was having fun with the boys there)

From my vantage point at the arena I definately thought it was a late it but not an elbow...actually I never thought that it could be an elbow 'til I saw this thread, I thought he just took a nasty spill into the boards...They didn't show a replay at the arena naturally, is there a video of it on the web yet?

Edit: Whoops, just saw it in a previous post

Edited by thelastonealive

You're joking right. That wasn't even close to an elbow. That's called hockey. It is a contact sport.

The only people who think it was an elbow are Leaves fans who are trying to make it out to be a lot worse than it was. If Kaberle doesn't go into the boards it is a non issue. If Cam gets suspended what little respect I have for the league will be gone.

Edited by PeteyNice