Leafs announcers killing the Devils

officerfarva

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, it was posted as I was typing up mine...

I don't know, i could see how it could be considered an elbow, but I really think it was a strong shoulder hit...watching the reply it actually seems like a lot less time between when the puck was released and the hit...not saying it wasn't late, but it seemed later to me during the game.

Any word on Kaberle's status?

I just watched YouTube and I can't tell if it was actually an elbow or not.

But YIKES that was scary. :blink:

Whether Janny meant to hurt him or not, he did.

Maybe there isn't going to be any fallout from the league, but I'm going to be really surprised if he doesn't find himself in the pressbox for a few games.

Edited by IceThief

It's a good thing the Devils are already public enemy #1 in the NHL. I can just imagine the venom laced anti-Devil hate that's going to come from this in the media tomorrow. I've watched the replay quite a few times and while I agree the hit was late I'm still not sure if it was a elbow or not and the hit itself was not was caused the damage but Kaberle's head hitting the boards.

The Leafs announcers are making this out to be like Cam shot Kaberle with a semi automatic weapon. I'm not condoning what Cam did AT ALL- but after what I saw Domi do to Niedermayer and Tucker do to Peca I can't fathom how this was any worse which is exactly what they are making it out to be.

Best wishes to Kaberle for a full recovery. I can't imagine Lou and Julien are very happy campers right now.

While that play wasn't exactly clean, it in no way compares to what Todd Bertuzzi did to Steve Moore. That was the bloodiest, nastiest, cruelest, most premeditated incident that I've ever seen in all my years of playing and covering hockey in the inky. :evilcry:

This incident does NOT compare to that incident in any way, shape, or form.

Gimme Cam's stats, if you can.

Just curious.

haha im going to feel like an ass here but he's got one goal and no assists in 84 games he's played... try to remember he plays less than 4 min a game on a team that scores 2 goals per game... plus maybe hes not the best offensive player but that argument has no place in questioning this stupid play from tonight.

Watching the game here in Guelph on Rogers Sportsnet, Cam has been called "Cementhead" and "Goofball" by former Leafs' employees Bill Watters and Gord Stellick. Joe Bowen and Harry Neale, announcing the game, really need to find something else to talk about. Cam DID NOT leave his feet, Kaberle was so busy admiring his pass he did not see Cam coming. Cam Janssen has NEVER intentionally hurt an opponent and never will. When Darcy Tucker and Cam fought in Toronto in December 2005 and Tucker hit Cam on the head with his helmet, not a word was spoken by any Leafs' fans or announcers. To me that is worse than what happened tonight. I certainly hope Kaberle is okay, I'm sure he'll be fine but again, Cam did not intend to hurt him.

Before Leafs' fans freak out, I was a lifelong Leafs' fan but that all changed when Tucker used Cam's helmet in the fight. Having had the opportunity to watch Cam play junior for a few months in Guelph and knowing the type of person that he is off the ice converted me into a Devils' fan. Tucker can stand in the hallway and yell all he wants, Cam is not afraid of him or Belak or anyone else on that team and if Paul Maurice wants to make veiled threats about retribution, he can go right ahead too because the Devils will have the last laugh when they are playing hockey while the Leafs are out golfing. By the way, another channel here, The Score, timed the hit and it was 1.33 seconds after Kaberle passed the puck. And don't even bother mentioning Bertuzzi and Cam in the same breath because Cam does not and never will attack helpless opponents from behind, he has the balls to face them and follows the code of the NHL fighters.

Watching the game here in Guelph on Rogers Sportsnet, Cam has been called "Cementhead" and "Goofball" by former Leafs' employees Bill Watters and Gord Stellick. Joe Bowen and Harry Neale, announcing the game, really need to find something else to talk about. Cam DID NOT leave his feet, Kaberle was so busy admiring his pass he did not see Cam coming. Cam Janssen has NEVER intentionally hurt an opponent and never will. When Darcy Tucker and Cam fought in Toronto in December 2005 and Tucker hit Cam on the head with his helmet, not a word was spoken by any Leafs' fans or announcers. To me that is worse than what happened tonight. I certainly hope Kaberle is okay, I'm sure he'll be fine but again, Cam did not intend to hurt him.

Before Leafs' fans freak out, I was a lifelong Leafs' fan but that all changed when Tucker used Cam's helmet in the fight. Having had the opportunity to watch Cam play junior for a few months in Guelph and knowing the type of person that he is off the ice converted me into a Devils' fan. Tucker can stand in the hallway and yell all he wants, Cam is not afraid of him or Belak or anyone else on that team and if Paul Maurice wants to make veiled threats about retribution, he can go right ahead too because the Devils will have the last laugh when they are playing hockey while the Leafs are out golfing. By the way, another channel here, The Score, timed the hit and it was 1.33 seconds after Kaberle passed the puck. And don't even bother mentioning Bertuzzi and Cam in the same breath because Cam does not and never will attack helpless opponents from behind, he has the balls to face them and follows the code of the NHL fighters.

Sorry, I don't remember his exact words and wouldn't want to misquote him and upset any Leafs' fans! He did say something to the effect that there is a time and place for retribution and that he basically told the team they needed a win tonight to continue their attempt to gain a playoff spot, but that the time will come for payback.

Don't think I'm argueing. I'm discussing the topic and stating my opinion (the definition of a forum). I also joined before the game even started, I'm do that with every single forum, the leafs forum gets too crowded with spam come gametime.

Why is no one mentioning the fact that what hurt Kaberle was the way he went awkwardly into the boards? He was admiring the pass and didn't see Cam until the last second, at which point he tried to duck out of the way. As a result, the hit spun him around and sent him awkwardly into the boards.

At worst, the hit was borderline late - 1.3 seconds as someone posted earlier. Five years ago, that's called "finishing your checks".

This kind of hit happens a couple times every game, the only difference was that this time the recipient was a little off balance and had a bit of bad luck in the way he went down.

Sorry, I don't remember his exact words and wouldn't want to misquote him and upset any Leafs' fans! He did say something to the effect that there is a time and place for retribution and that he basically told the team they needed a win tonight to continue their attempt to gain a playoff spot, but that the time will come for payback.