GDT: Pittsburgh @ Devils

MadDog2020

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As has been pointed out the stars were aligned, crappy goalie, Pittsburgh played an OT game the night before, we finally have a full lineup.

Full lineup? With Gionta still on the shelf and Elias missing half the game?

I actually had no problem with the effort except maybe Gomez who had another one of his play like dogs-it nights, but let's be honest effort or not, home-ice or not, this team isn't going anywhere if Elias-Gomez-Gionta aren't all healthy and accounted for. Gomez needs to stop with the Jekyll-Hyde bs. Gionta needs to get healthy. And Elias, a bit of both - he needs to get healthy now and kick it in gear.

I love Parise-Zajac-Langs but they're not Arnott-Elias-Sykora at their peak or whatever great line you want to name and they can't carry the scoring entirely by itself. When Mike Rupp gets as many chances as anyone you have issues. When you only score one goal against a minor league goaltender for the Bruins and ZERO goals against a guy whose ass we've always handed to him in Thibault you have issues. When Madden has all day on a breakaway to GET THE PUCK ON NET and doesn't you have issues :puke:

How far has Madden fallen from goal scoring and SHG's? :rant: He should have burried that SH break away tonight. He use to score the SHG's all the time but now he can't even hit the net. Just sad. Elias and Gomez miss Gionta and they are just not playing offensively they way they should be with the puck. Both are very careless with the pick in both zones. Still waiting for Elias and Gomez to wake the fvck up already.

I wouldn't worry about that, they didn't break up they are just going on hiatus. Plus ill bet you a dollar they play some local shows during the year. They are just sick of traveling and not really making money.

hope they come back... the letter on their website said "we may come back we may not"

i know they've been having problems i remember they canceled their whole fall tour last year because of problems

and drive thru records and altpress.net said its a breakup

Best part of the game was that they played Primus during a stoppage in play.

:hail: I got a kick out of that, and when they played Metallica's 'Don't Tread On Me' during the warmups. Good stuff! I think the highlight of the night for me was meeting Vanderbeek and having a chat with him. He's a great guy who really loves the fans! :clap: He invited me down to The Rock for a tour :)

Oh, one thing: did anyone else notice they resurfaced the ice.. and fvcked up the center ice logo horribly?! WTF?! I understand that will be like that the rest of the year now!

:hail: I got a kick out of that, and when they played Metallica's 'Don't Tread On Me' during the warmups. Good stuff! I think the highlight of the night for me was meeting Vanderbeek and having a chat with him. He's a great guy who really loves the fans! :clap: He invited me down to The Rock for a tour :)

Oh, one thing: did anyone else notice they resurfaced the ice.. and fvcked up the center ice logo horribly?! WTF?! I understand that will be like that the rest of the year now!

Nice! :thumbsup: How'd that happen? And did you ask if the Rock will be ready?

Relace 'em and take both from Cryalotta!!

LET'S GO DEV-ILS!!

Edited by Masked Fan

Looks like the line we've all referred to as the "real first line" will actually be the first line for the next few games... :o

I guess we'll be playing short till someone returns :(

1st 2nd line Rupp Gomer Rass :blink:

or Rupp Gomer Janssen :lol:

Edited by Devilish34

There was about 30 kids on a "class trip" acting like jerk off's last night in section 228. 229 and 228 was ripping into them all night! they were a bunch of young punk kids that know nothing about hockey or the game.

during the 3rd period there was about 15 red coats watching 228 and 229.

Fun night, just not fun on the ice.

A friend of mine just asked me an interesting question:

Crosby is an Alternate captain, but who IS THE ACTUAL Captain of the Penguins?

I thought it was Gonchar....but the more I think about it, they may just have 3 'A's.

There was about 30 kids on a "class trip" acting like jerk off's last night in section 228. 229 and 228 was ripping into them all night! they were a bunch of young punk kids that know nothing about hockey or the game.

during the 3rd period there was about 15 red coats watching 228 and 229.

Fun night, just not fun on the ice.

OMG thats fantastic! A bunch of grown ups ripping on some kids for chanting lets go crosby! and lets go penguins! Wow those kids are jerkoffs! I hope those grown ups in 228 and 229 taught them a lesson.

A friend of mine just asked me an interesting question:

Crosby is an Alternate captain, but who IS THE ACTUAL Captain of the Penguins?

Good question there Manta. Pittsburgh does not have a captain. They have the three "A"'s on their jerseys. Next season maybe they might have a true captain.

OMG thats fantastic! A bunch of grown ups ripping on some kids for chanting lets go crosby! and lets go penguins! Wow those kids are jerkoffs! I hope those grown ups in 228 and 229 taught them a lesson.

I was literally right in the middle of both the 228ers and the high schoolers. That was wild. Definately made a crappy game alot more interesting.

Oh god, you can see me and my girlfriend in that video too...two rows behind the kid they pull out. At this point I was getting annoyed at my inability to watch the game, it was much more amusing before security showed up.