GDT: Devils @ Toronto

MadDog2020

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This wasnt as bad a game as many people are making out.

Don and MadDog are right.

The fact that we had that game so close playing half of Lowell is a credit to the team and the organisation.

The post saved more shots than Raycroft this game.

Gomez was poor, he gave the puck up at one point and then didnt even seem to care and just watched it drift off.

I hope he can turn it round for the playoffs, we all know what he is capable of, we saw it last year , he knows he can do it. He makes the offensive zone so easily it makes me cry, but he's not getting any end product.

I still dont want him out of a Devils jersey, but i dont want him in one which costs 5-6 million dollars.

You are right Sue, but there were definitely positives from last night's game and the injuries we've had.

If anything, and I don' tknow how much value this ass, is that Madden and Elias get to be away from the game a little bit. Both have struggled offensively and have been the leaders on a team which has played so many 1 goal games, its sickening. if anything, one can only hope both return mentally a little fresh and ready for the playoff run. Also, it'd sure be nice if Elias comes back with a chip on his shoulder. But we can only hope.

Ass for Gomez....I'm at a loss.

If anything as well if the above comes true, maybe it'll wake Gomer up (let's not count on it). I wonder what, if anything, some of the captains on this team Johnny, colin, Marty, Sarge, even Lou can or have said anything to Scott. The players have to be noticing Gomer's sccrewups. I don't know how Gomer would respond, but being called out on his BS play is something that needs to be done. It's enough already.

The only hope this team has is of course healthy, the lines mention in my previous post, and if Gomez decided to lead this team.... 1 and 2 can happen I think, 3 is iffy.

Edited by HellOnICE

Well, I'm an idiot. Gomer is not worth 5-6 mill. Let some other dumb ass team pay him for his inconsistent, sucky play.

I think fans tend to either overrate/underrate the player for the teams they root. Either the pro Gomers are overrating him or the anti Gomers are underrating him. I'm an anti Gomer. He only has 11 goals and the season is almost over. That is worth 5 to 6 mill per year? :noclue: No way. Then Janssen is worth what? 2.5 mill for 1 goal and for being an enforcer. What the fvck is going on here? :argh::rant: The Devs can't afford SG because of the salary crap situation they are in.

I WANT GOMER GONE!!! He is not worth it. Yes he will have some very good stats for another team, BUT HE IS NOT WORTH IT. I don't know. Maybe he is worth 3.5 mill per year but not 5 to 6 mill per year, especially in the salary cap era the NHL is in now.

Gomez is not worth $5-6M to the Devils, not with the current leadership structure (i.e. a coach that won't/can't ride him, plus he's a veteran an expected to be a leader). He may be worth it to a team that has someone who will constantly kick him in the ass to keep him motivated, like a coach or a senior vet.

I agree Rowdy. But 7 years into the league, how many senior vets are there that you tihnk could do that to him? Most coaches don't ride on older players or kick them in the ass. They reserve that for younger guys. Gomez is at a point in his career where he's the only one who could do that fo rhimself. And it seems he can't.

Well, I'm an idiot. Gomer is not worth 5-6 mill. Let some other dumb ass team pay him for his inconsistent, sucky play.

I think fans tend to either overrate/underrate the player for the teams they root. Either the pro Gomers are overrating him or the anti Gomers are underrating him. I'm an anti Gomer. He only has 11 goals and the season is almost over. That is worth 5 to 6 mill per year? :noclue: No way. Then Janssen is worth what? 2.5 mill for 1 goal and for being an enforcer. What the fvck is going on here? :argh::rant: The Devs can't afford SG because of the salary crap situation they are in.

I WANT GOMER GONE!!! He is not worth it. Yes he will have some very good stats for another team, BUT HE IS NOT WORTH IT. I don't know. Maybe he is worth 3.5 mill per year but not 5 to 6 mill per year, especially in the salary cap era the NHL is in now.

Edited by njdevils2003champs

I had a pretty bad groin injury once that I played through the pain on when it was important and it hurt and hurt and affected my play and then one few day period off and it felt 100% and didn't get re-injured. Groin injuries can be funny like that.