An exclusive NJDevs.com interview with Ken Daneyko

DevilMinder

During the Game night party with the Devils, Ken Daneyko agreed to be interviewed by yours truly.

interview.jpg

DevilMinder: What do you think of the Devils chances this year?

Ken Daneyko: Better then at the beginning of the year. They have a great shot, great chemistry and as good as anyone else they will play. The Devils also have good (playoff) experience on the bench.

DM: What was your favorite year as a Devil?

KD: Any one of the cup years. 1988 was also great to get into the playoffs after a hard stretch. I consider that the stepping stone of the organization.

DM: Who is the best player you ever played with or against?

KD: I could easily name ten or so. But Scotty (Niedermayer) was very gifted. Talent wise just the best at what he did. Not that I forget Brodeur (Laughs), but Marty as a goalie was not one of the forwards on the ice and lives by different standards.

DM: Who was your most hated nemesis and who would you take a 10 minute for?

KD: Tie Domi. We were division rivals and young and foolish and fool of testosterone. Rob Ray was another one.

DM: What about Sean Avery?

KD: He always treated me with respect on the ice, so I didn't have any problems with him.

DM: Have you ever read NJDevs.com or similar fan websites?

KD: Only a couple of times out of curiosity about fan opinions. The one I do go to visit is hockeyfights.com.

DM: Are you planning a comeback?

KD: No. The way I went out was a story book ending with the cup win, I couldn’t ask for a better way.

DM: What was your most satisfying moment of your career, high school, drafted?

KD: My first game as a Devil was very memorable against the Rangers at MSG, it meant to me that I had made it to the NHL. Also my drafting with the New Jersey Devils, my family was present and it was a very special moment for me.

-Notes: As this was my first interview I may have botched a reply or two. Don't roast Daneyko over it. Also thanks to Jason S. From the NJ Devils for helping set this up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.