At what point do the Tampa stars wear down?

Jerrydevil

They will not wear down in the first round if they are free to skate around without any trouble or punishment. However, I know from experience that if you are hit whenever you touch the puck you tire a lot faster.

Edited by devils26

That is why I keep jumping up and down about putting Rass on the checking line... unless you hit them they will not wear down this series.

Rass or not, St Louis is having fun skating around. It wasn't until the 3rd period last game, he started getting hit. White woke up and hit him and so did Parise!

I don't believe they will wear down, at least not during the series with New Jersey. The only way to chip away at the armor of a team like this is to take the body, hard and often. I really don't remember that happening just yet.

I agree with some of the above posts. I don't see them wearing down at all this series unless we start pounding them. If they keep logging this amount of ice time and this series does go deep next round they might be shot. I really think the Devils have to win this game tonight otherwise this may be a quick exit. I know being down 2-1 in a series is not insurmountable by any means but as soon as I saw St. Louis score that 2nd period goal I've had visions of the Staal goal from last year against the Canes. That totally turned the series and I really hope what happened Saturday doesn't do the same.

Janssen on the ice with St. Louis or Vinnie? Please... he is not the answer. And there is no sense for him to bang lesser players and pick up stupid penaties. He is best served sitting in the seats eating popcorn with Weimer waiting for next years regular season. The other guys have to get the job done.