GDT: DEVILS @ TB 4/16/07 7:00 pm

Devilish34

I am still too pissed to bother with anything any of these jackbags had to say after the game, so what did Marty have to say that was so disturbing? Also, I can't recall quite a soul crushing defeat in that Tampa series as tonight. When Carolina game 7 is the comparison... That's in another stratosphere of horrible.

From the Tampa Bay series

Game 1 - 5-3 Win

Game 2 - 3-2 Loss

Game 3 - 3-2 Loss

Game 4 - 4-3 OT Win

Game 5 - 3-0 Win

Game 6 - 3-2 Win

Game 1 - 5-3 Win

Game 2 - 3-2 Loss

Game 3 - 3-2 Loss

Game 4 - 4-3 OT Win

Game 5 - 3-0 Win

Game 6 - 3-2 Win

Somewhat encourarging, but I still don't think any single loss in that series was as demoralizing as this one. I have my doubts they'll rebound from it. I would love to be wrong about that, but I have no faith in these guys right now. No faith.

I am still too pissed to bother with anything any of these jackbags had to say after the game, so what did Marty have to say that was so disturbing? Also, I can't recall quite a soul crushing defeat in that Tampa series as tonight. When Carolina game 7 is the comparison... That's in another stratosphere of horrible.

assuming you did not read other threads, marty assumed no blame and essentially through volchenkov under the bus for goal 1.

carolina game 7 was much worse. 2nd worst loss in franchise history to game 7 ECF 94.

Game 1 - 5-3 Win

Game 2 - 3-2 Loss

Game 3 - 3-2 Loss

Game 4 - 4-3 OT Win

Game 5 - 3-0 Win

Game 6 - 3-2 Win

Devils blew a 3-1 lead in Game 4 but pulled out a win. My guess is they did that because they just had more winners on that team.

Devils blew a 3-1 lead in Game 4 but pulled out a win. My guess is they did that because they just had more winners on that team.

not sure that narrative is necessary.

i am hoping that it comes down to both teams reverting to "what they are" which should get the devils back in the win column.

assuming you did not read other threads, marty assumed no blame and essentially through volchenkov under the bus for goal 1.

carolina game 7 was much worse. 2nd worst loss in franchise history to game 7 ECF 94.

Yeah, I saw that and I just read he had no idea why he was pulled either. So he's either delusional or he's just a liar. Carolina game 7 was much worse obviously, but this is the type of loss that can turn a series in a team's favor and I'm afraid that's what's happened.

Yeah, I saw that and I just read he had no idea why he was pulled either. So he's either delusional or he's just a liar. Carolina game 7 was much worse obviously, but this is the type of loss that can turn a series in a team's favor and I'm afraid that's what's happened.

Let's see how well the Panthers do when their power play isn't running at 50%.

You guys are making it more of a big deal than it is. The question asked was he surprised. He responded, "a little bit" due to the fact that the game was tied. I wonder if Marty has ever been pulled in his career when the Devils have not been losing. He also said that whatever Pete's reasoning was probably a good one.

The Volchenkov comment, I thought was fine too, he asked if the original shot may have handcuffed him, and he said that's what he wanted to do.

Listen Marty needs to get his game back or this team is done, but I'm not gonna kill him for any post-game comments tonight.

They get swept in the second round.

Edited by devilsrule33

Over an 82 game season no one can realistically expect their powerplay to stay at or around 50%.

Over a 7-game series, it is certainly possible, and they only have to do it to get 4 wins and they are halfway there.

Over an 82 game season no one can realistically expect their powerplay to stay at or around 50%.

Over a 7-game series, it is certainly possible, and they only have to do it to get 4 wins and they are halfway there.

It is incredibly unlikely to happen even over a 4 game stretch, much less a 7 game series.

It is incredibly unlikely to happen even over a 4 game stretch, much less a 7 game series.

how likely is it that Brodeur would let in 2 playoff overtime wraparound game winners to the same team within a 3 year stretch...oh yea it happened

what are the odds of Carolina game 7 2009 happening?

How about Carolina game 4 2009 happening. What are the odds of letting in a game winning goal from the blue line with 0.1 seconds remaining

What about letting up 14 shots on goal in game 1 vs Philly in 2010 and STILL LOSING. Or Daniel fvcking Carcillo scoring an OT winner against us

Or how about Eric Staal tying up game 2 with seconds left in 2006 just after Parise put us ahead? What are the odds of that? It happened

with the choker in net...anything is possible. I'm sick of all this over analyzed statistical mumbo jumbo. Everything that has happened to the Devils in the playoffs since 2003 defies this

Edited by '7'

how likely is it that Brodeur would let in 2 playoff overtime wraparound game winners to the same team within a 3 year stretch...oh yea it happened

what are the odds of Carolina game 7 2009 happening?

How about Carolina game 4 2009 happening. What are the odds of letting in a game winning goal from the blue line with 0.1 seconds remaining

What about letting up 14 shots on goal in game 1 vs Philly in 2010 and STILL LOSING. Or Daniel fvcking Carcillo scoring an OT winner against us

Or how about Eric Staal tying up game 2 with seconds left in 2006 just after Parise put us ahead? What are the odds of that? It happened

with the choker in net...anything is possible. I'm sick of all this over analyzed statistical mumbo jumbo. Everything that has happened to the Devils in the playoffs since 2003 defies this

Nice revisionist history.

Oh the one in Game 7 double overtime IN THE CONFERENCE FINALS when Fetisov for some unknown reason threw the puck to the middle of the defensive zone? After they beat Boston and Buffalo? Or the one where the whole team was down and out in 5 games in 97?

Game 7 in 2009? Oh, right, after they got shutout in Carolina in Game 6. The game 7 that had a tying goal because Nic Havelid decided he doesn't like defense and stood around while a pass went through him from the blue line to the side of the net. And then Colin White went 30 feet out of position to leave Eric Staal going down the wing at full speed. Anybody remember Parise and Gionta failing to connect a pass across the crease that would have tied it back up after that? Nope?

Game 4 in 2009? The goal from the point that was deflected by Ruutu and the team was looking for an interference call that it never got? And then he followed it up with a 44 save shutout the next game?

Carcillo's OT goal? In game 3? When NO ONE SHOWED UP? Where Brodeur made save after save in the 3rd period while the offense was skating in circles?

Please. Marty is definitely not the player he was. He definitely has lost a step, and he definitely has lost some big, big games (like last night), but to cherry pick all this crap out and somehow leave out games like 5,6,7 against Philly in 2000, the finals in 2000, the 2003 conference and stanley cup finals, the 2006 Ranger series. I mean every damn goalie in the history of the sport has won and lost big games. I don't know who these super goalies are that you think can win the cup every year, never lose a big game, and never blew a lead, but I'm gonna guess they hang out with unicorns and talking squirrels in a magical mystical imaginary forest somewhere.

Edited by Devil Dan 56
  • Like 1

Defend Marty all you want, he hasn't done jack in April without a D that had two HOF'ers on it.

That's fine. I've admitted he isn't the player he was. But no one on the team has done anything in April, either. Not one damn Devil has raised their game for the playoffs in 10 years. Brodeur's the only one who seems to have to answer for it, though.

Edited by Devil Dan 56

Oh believe me he's not. They lose this series and I honestly wouldn't care if Lou, Marty and Zach were all shown the door. This team needs to be gutted once and for all, unless they see the wizard and get some heart and guts - NOW.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Oh believe me he's not. They lose this series and I honestly wouldn't care if Lou, Marty and Zach were all shown the door. This team needs to be gutted once and for all, unless they see the wizard and get some heart and guts - NOW.

I think at the very least 2 of those 3 will be gone. I can't see more than one of those 3 back next year. Zach looks like he's already leaving, Marty is just not what he was and even though there are flashes, the best days are gone, and Lou just can't seem to build a playoff team. Plus you have those rumors that Vanderbeek was going to can Lou last year and it never happened for whatever reason.

Edited by Devil Dan 56

I think at the very least 2 of those 3 will be gone. I can't see more than one of those 3 back next year. Zach looks like he's already leaving, Marty is just not what he was and even though there are flashes, the best days are gone, and Lou just can't seem to build a playoff team. Plus you have those rumors that Vanderbeek was going to can Lou last year and it never happened for whatever reason.

If they lose this series, Lou should go too. I'm afraid what will wind up happening though is Lou will be allowed to hang around as long as he wants, and then he just hands the job to his moron son. That terrifies me.

I'll help you start a riot in the streets of Newark if this ever happens. Thankfully, I don't think we will ever have to resort to such tactics.

I'd be right there with you. It legitmately scares me though. I'm afraid Lou will be allowed to hand pick the next GM, and it'll be Chris.