BRING ON THE SENATORS

HellOnICE

I know there are Senators fan boards. I'm on one right now. Do you have a problem with Sens fans coming to your board? Did you think i was serious? Turn on your sarcasm meter. :D

1. Yes. That was the last game we won. Your point is? The Pens won the season series with the Sens 3-1. Where are they now? You would think you would be smart enough to know that the regular season means jack %$#@$.

2. The EGG??? What is this egg you speak of? Do you mean that the Devils will lay an egg?

3. If Brodeur plays like he did in the Lightening series, the Sens will win easily.

Go Sens Go!!!

You're free to make your point...although I don't agree with your rationale much, U can think what U want. But I must say that your sense of humor SUCKS. You seem like you're trying to prove a point...honestly, nobody cares! Go back to Ottawa or wherever your from, relax, and let the boys on the ice determine who is better and who is not. Other than that, its nice to know that you support UR team- this might be the year of the Senators. Anything less would be upsetting, right?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jester- You mentioned a total team effort. That is exactly what I saw out of the Sens in round one from Alfie on down. I'm not saying the Sens will win the Cup (they still have to get past your boys, which is way easier said than done) but it is not just Emery that will give the Devs a harder time in the offensive zone than they faced in the last series. Even with the ASH line out on the ice, there will be six guys playing defense.

I saw enough of the Penguins series to agree with this. If the Senators are committed to total team defense, then they'll be tough to beat. If this is just another version of a Sens team that's only going to go as far as Lalime/Emery/Gerber/whomever will take them, then the Devils win.

As for Emery, he's obviously no Marty and he can look gangly at times, but he makes the saves he's asked to make consistently and thoroughly. No doubt the hatchlings and Parise will test him, but their success will depend more on getting to rebounds than on getting chances and even Meszaros clears rebounds more often than not.

I disagree here. The EGG line was able to create offense on the fly rather than on the rebound in the TB series. If that line plays as well as it did during stretches against TB, then they're not going to need rebounds to score.

<JESTER>

I know there are Senators fan boards. I'm on one right now. Do you have a problem with Sens fans coming to your board? Did you think i was serious? Turn on your sarcasm meter. :D

1. Yes. That was the last game we won. Your point is? The Pens won the season series with the Sens 3-1. Where are they now? You would think you would be smart enough to know that the regular season means jack %$#@$.

2. The EGG??? What is this egg you speak of? Do you mean that the Devils will lay an egg?

3. If Brodeur plays like he did in the Lightening series, the Sens will win easily.

Go Sens Go!!!

Obviously you didn't watch the last three games of the Devils/Lighting series. Brodeur was lights out and only Emery wishes he could be as half as good as Brodeur on his off nights. This could be a good series, but until Ottawa shows me something in which they have not over the years bowing out of the playoffs each and every year with an unproven goaltender then I will take them seriously. ;) Until then I will take Brodeur and the Devils in 5, maybe 6 games.

and you say some here do not have comon sense. Man you are calling that kettle black EH?

how can Sens fans be thinking sweep? like - of anyone, ever? you'd think Senators fans would be like Sabres fans at this point - though I suppose there are Sabres fans who are supremely confident.

anyway, the Senators are like Tampa Bay, except with a real goaltender, decent defense, and depth up and down the lineup. While we certainly played better in the final 3 games vs. Tampa, the Devils will have to elevate their play once again to compete with the Senators. I don't think anyone can legitimately consider the Devils a favorite in this series.

I disagree here. The EGG line was able to create offense on the fly rather than on the rebound in the TB series. If that line plays as well as it did during stretches against TB, then they're not going to need rebounds to score.

<JESTER>

I simply meant that the goals that went in against Holmquist will not necessarily go in against Emery (don't expect too many dmen to collapse into Emery, he slashes people who do that). Obviously, not every goal will have to come off of Rayzor's pads. If the Devils open up, the Sens will, too and then Elias gets to work his magic. But since we're going to be watching tennis for at least 70% of this series, neither team will rack up quality chances or move the puck cross ice very often.

how can Sens fans be thinking sweep? like - of anyone, ever? you'd think Senators fans would be like Sabres fans at this point - though I suppose there are Sabres fans who are supremely confident.

anyway, the Senators are like Tampa Bay, except with a real goaltender, decent defense, and depth up and down the lineup. While we certainly played better in the final 3 games vs. Tampa, the Devils will have to elevate their play once again to compete with the Senators. I don't think anyone can legitimately consider the Devils a favorite in this series.

Tri, the Devils will be favored in this series. They were the better team this season, won the season series and when you have the #1 factor in the playoffs which is BRODEUR, the Devils are the favorites as long as he is in between the pipes each night. :evil:

You have lost any credibility you may have previously had.

I seems your sarcasm meter is broken too. I'm just having a little fun. :lol:

Here are 3 facts i'm sure you won't disagree with.

1. The Devils have the best goalie in the world, who has played that way for the last 3 games.

2. The Devils have a 1st rate defense.

3. The Devils have 3 really dangerous forward lines.

With that said, this series should be a "walk in the park" for the Devils. They should be handle the Sens in 6 games max, but more then likely 5 or a sweep. All i can say is the Sens are more focused then i've ever seen them. They know the only way they will shake the "choker" label is to go deep in this years PO's. If they end of losing this series, then big changes will be on the way. Both in the Front Office and on the team. If the Sens win this series, then i think they will win the cup. I guess we will see how the Sens play as underdogs in the PO's.

Go Sens Go!!!

Tri, the Devils will be favored in this series. They were the better team this season, won the season series and when you have the #1 factor in the playoffs which is BRODEUR, the Devils are the favorites as long as he is in between the pipes each night. :evil:

the Devils were the better team by a few points, winning the season series doesn't mean a thing, and the Senators took less time to dispatch a better team in the playoffs, and looked far more dominant doing it.

as I said, the Sens are like the Lightning with depth and a goalie. Their first line is better, their second line is damn good, and their third line can actually score goals. Their defense can move the puck and skate with anyone. It's a frightening matchup - Ray Emery is going to have to be rather ordinary for us to win.

Edited by Triumph

the Devils were the better team by a few points, winning the season series doesn't mean a thing, and the Senators took less time to dispatch a better team in the playoffs, and looked far more dominant doing it.

as I said, the Sens are like the Lightning with depth and a goalie. Their first line is better, their second line is damn good, and their third line can actually score goals. Their defense can move the puck and skate with anyone. It's a frightening matchup - Ray Emery is going to have to be rather ordinary for us to win.

The Penguins are a very young and in experienced team in the playoffs this season and it showed against the Senators. Any team could have disposed the Penguins the way the Sens did in that series the way Fleury played who again had NO experience in the playoffs. Pittsburgh will only learn from this first time experience. Sens played great and did what they had and should do vs. a team who had no playoff experience and again it showed. Sens are a good team and it will rely on how Emery plays in this series. Devils should be able to expose Emery like they did for the most part of the season. I will take Brodeur and our defense any day in this series.

Edited by SatansDevils

The Sens are the underdogs in this series, because of the reasons i just stated. Not too many Hockey writers (if any) will be picking the Sens to win this series. How will the Sens play as underdogs? I guess we will see in 1 to 2 weeks.

Go Sens Go!!!

Couple of things:

1. You can throw out the regular season - it means nothing. If it did, the Lightning would have won this past series.

2. I don't buy into this whole "unproven" goaltender crap. We've been beaten by plenty of "unproven" goaltenders in the past. Emery is good and certainly better than Holmquist who handed us a few. The Senators defense is a vast improvement over Tampa.

3. I don't feel that the Senators top line will give them Devils fits as much as Lecavalier and St. Louis, but it will be tough. It largely depends on which Alfredsson will show up - still a great player, but not what he once was.

4. Matvichuk, while playing extremely well, looked fatigued the last game. It worries me that he's logging too much ice time after the extended layoff.

5. Hopefully the Brodeur that played in game 5 and 6 will show up. He needs to stop playing the puck too much, it cost on that 2nd goal, the Senators will undoubtedly take advantage of it.

6. Emery can be rattled - the Devils must bump him, aggitate him and screen him as much as humanly possible.

While I hardly doubt the Senators will sweep this - the Devils have too much experience to let that happen - this will hardly be a cakewalk for either team. Any Devils fans who think this is going to be easy needs to put down the pipe (or give me some of what you're smoking). This will be a far tougher series than Tampa, no doubt. Still, I can't help doubting the Senators. They historically always find a way to blow it - you know, always the bridesmaid, never the bride type of thing.

Couple of things:

1. You can throw out the regular season - it means nothing. If it did, the Lightning would have won this past series.

2. I don't buy into this whole "unproven" goaltender crap. We've been beaten by plenty of "unproven" goaltenders in the past. Emery is good and certainly better than Holmquist who handed us a few. The Senators defense is a vast improvement over Tampa.

3. I don't feel that the Senators top line will give them Devils fits as much as Lecavalier and St. Louis, but it will be tough. It largely depends on which Alfredsson will show up - still a great player, but not what he once was.

4. Matvichuk, while playing extremely well, looked fatigued the last game. It worries me that he's logging too much ice time after the extended layoff.

5. Hopefully the Brodeur that played in game 5 and 6 will show up. He needs to stop playing the puck too much, it cost on that 2nd goal, the Senators will undoubtedly take advantage of it.

6. Emery can be rattled - the Devils must bump him, aggitate him and screen him as much as humanly possible.

While I hardly doubt the Senators will sweep this - the Devils have too much experience to let that happen - this will hardly be a cakewalk for either team. Any Devils fans who think this is going to be easy needs to put down the pipe (or give me some of what you're smoking). This will be a far tougher series than Tampa, no doubt. Still, I can't help doubting the Senators. They historically always find a way to blow it - you know, always the bridesmaid, never the bride type of thing.

1. Agree

2. Agree

3. Somewhat Disagree.

4. No Opinion

5. Agree

6. Disagree. The Pens tried that and it didnt work.

I feel this should be close series and if Emery plays as well as he has over the last 3 games in the Pens sereis (3 GA).....the Sens can win.

Go Sens Go!!

Agreed. This is going to be a very tough series. The Sens are 100x better than Tampa in every capacity.

Emery is underrated.

Sens have to be a heavy favorite based on our struggle with Tampa.

Struggle with Tampa? :huh: Devils won the series in six games beat TB 5-3 in Game 1 and took over the series the last three games. I wouldn't say it was a struggle. They lost two games in this series by 1 goal games 3-2. They did what they had to do to win two games by one goal as well shutting down TB in this series. :koolaid:

Struggle with Tampa? :huh: Devils won the series in six games beat TB 5-3 in Game 1 and took over the series the last three games. I wouldn't say it was a struggle. They lost two games in this series by 1 goal games 3-2. They did what they had to do to win two games by one goal as well shutting down TB in this series. :koolaid:

uh - right - then they lose game 4 in OT, then what

it looked like the devils were going to lose this series - to say they didn't struggle with tampa is insanity

What you got in that Koolaid anyway? :blink:

I guess some saw some different games in this series. :unsure: Devils may have struggled in two games and only lost by 1 goal, but they still won it in six games and took control of the series the last three games. The last two were all Brodeur. EGG line and Parise line. Winning in six games is not a struggle. Yes the OT game could have gone either way, but Brodeur the better goaltender won that game. Give some credit when credit is due for the Devils winning this series in six games.

I guess some saw some different games in this series. :unsure: Devils may have struggled in two games and only lost by 1 goal, but they still won it in six games and took control of the series the last three games. The last two were all Brodeur. EGG line and Parise line. Winning in six games is not a struggle. Yes the OT game could have gone either way, but Brodeur the better goaltender won that game. Give some credit when credit is due for the Devils winning this series in six games.

There is no way anyone who is even remotely objective can say this series was not a struggle for the Devils.

Exactly Correct :evilcry:

We will clearly have to play better (than against TB) to even stay in this series and we will have to get lucky to win. Neither are highly likely, but are possible.

There is no way anyone who is even remotely objective can say this series was not a struggle for the Devils.

It was a struggle in some of the games, but not the whole series. It only went six games. If it went to seven games then it was a struggle in this series for the Devils. Devils did what they do best the last two games to win this series and the OT game. It was a tough series and it only gets tougher from here on in.

Some really need to think POSITIVE when it comes to Round 2. Too much NEGATIVITY here in Round 1 and thinking onto Round 2. Just tired of the negativity here from Devils fans.

Edited by SatansDevils

Couple of things:

1. Yes, completely right

2. Goaltenders in many cases can be protected by their defense.... this goal tender is good an dthe defense is better... and we struggle with weak goal tenders sometimes.

3. I agree... Vinnie and St. Louy may not be better players but their TOI wears down our checking line... they needed to adapt and they did. Sens 1st line won't be out as much, thank g-d and that in of otself will make their 1st line "less dangerous."

4. I agree... he's warrior so he played well despite being fatigued.... his TOI will go down with the return of White.... and he should remain effective for the entire series.

5. I think Brodeur will be on his game.... that break between the regular season and the playoffs put him in a funk... which he recovered in time. Fear of the Sens probably will keep him up.

6. True for any goalie. How many times have Devil's actually rattled a goalie?

I'm concerned that our D is too inexperienced to compete on this level. A couple of the older guys, yeah, but the older guys are the statues that freeze our offense. We need the young guys to get aggressive and bring the puck out of the zone. If they can do that, it'll be a series.