Brodeur and fans don't show up

SC Devs Fan

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Myself and my 8 month old daughter were at the game till the end.

I can't blame people for leaving early, especially those that have kids that had to go to school today. I'm surprised more didn't leave early.

Hell, after the first 15 minutes of the game, I'm surprised more people didn't leave in the first period.

Lets face it, games shouldn't start at 7pm. Earliest start should be 7:30 or 8. It's too fvcking hard to get from anywhere farther away than Wayne, eat a palatable dinner somewhere, park, walk to the arena, and get to your seats by 7 if you can't leave work till 6.

And then there's this:

http://www.aolsportsblog.com/2007/04/27/th...ellouts-either/

Bad location in the middle of a swamp? High ticket prices? Cruddy arena? I've heard those excuses before, and it just doesn't wash. The population of the area is quite high, and yet they can't fill one little arena for an NHL playoff tilt?

While the Devils have been a prime example of how to achieve success on the ice, they certainly don't pack the stands. The Devils finished 26th(!) in league attendance this year with an average of 14,176 per game. The year before? They were also 26th!

I guess it's not too shocking, then, that the Devils can't sell out their playoff games. There doesn't seem to be a very good casual fan base in the area, as most of the fans who do attend seem to be of the hardcore variety.

Exit, I do see your point bro. We got shafted with an afternoon playoff game on a Saturday because NBC didn't want to spoil their glamorous weekend TV lineup. 7:30 is a more ideal start considering sh*tty commutes. (especially in the most densely populated state in the US) .

Exit, I do see your point bro. We got shafted with an afternoon playoff game on a Saturday because NBC didn't want to spoil their glamorous weekend TV lineup. 7:30 is a more ideal start considering sh*tty commutes. (especially in the most densely populated state in the US) .

Yeah, there was a huge debate on the board here about that. If you scroll back a few pages, you might be able to find it.

Here is her response to me:

sorry to say you are indeed stuck with me at least for home games throughout. sorry to have struck such a nerve with you, but you are indeed proof as to why enjoying and getting to devils game is so much trouble these days. i'm also sorry you chose to hang your complaints about me on being a woman, which has no bearing on the subject. if you hate my writing, that's fine, and reason enough not to read.

thanks for taking the time to write, though, tara

Edited by FriesenKris

Myself and my 8 month old daughter were at the game till the end.

I can't blame people for leaving early, especially those that have kids that had to go to school today. I'm surprised more didn't leave early.

Hell, after the first 15 minutes of the game, I'm surprised more people didn't leave in the first period.

Lets face it, games shouldn't start at 7pm. Earliest start should be 7:30 or 8. It's too fvcking hard to get from anywhere farther away than Wayne, eat a palatable dinner somewhere, park, walk to the arena, and get to your seats by 7 if you can't leave work till 6.

This is yet ANOTHER thing that will change with the new arena. Easy access from most of the state via rail, GOOD FOOD AT THE ARENA, and SOMETHING TO DO AT THE ARENA IF YOU GET THERE EARLY. Who the fvck wants to stand outside in the rain listening to a cover band?

The guy sitting next to us arrived 5 minutes into the 2nd period. He said he works in the city byt the time he got out and stopped home to pick up his kid thats when he got there...

such a shame 95 dollar seats and ya miss almost half a game... 7 is too early!

So I am not the 'best fan' because I couldn't make it to the game last night?

I can't stand the people here too who call for DOOOOOM after a loss, or blame Marty for every puck that goes by him regardless of deflection, nice shot, etc.

But don't call me a "bandwagon" or a "bad" fan because I couldn't make it to the game last night. It's just plain inaccurate and wrong.

If you can't make it to the game for personal reasons or something like that then it's not a huge deal. But fans that don't go to a game all year then show up in the ECF and boo Brodeur if he let's in a soft goal are the people I hate.

Also, if you're not attending games then you can't complain about a woman who writes about the pathetic attendance. And to those same people stop making excuses about the prices or the parking or the weather just admit that the reason you don't support the team is because you're lazy fair weather fans.

I want to see what the Nets attendance is tonight. They have to deal with the same crap at the Meadowlands and they're aren't exactly a championship caliber team like the Devils are and have been.

Edited by HellOnICE