respect to national anthems

overtime98

Does anyone agree with booing or making comments during the canadien national anthem?

Im mean Hockey is from canada, its thier sport. marty is from canada, along with alot of our players.

I think everyone should show respect during the Canadien and definitly our national anthem!

In response to Section 228 chanting "you can have it" after "god keep our land".

Whats everyones thoughts and opinions....

I disagree with booing during any national anthem. I kinda expect it from other countries during ours or some of our fans during other countries, but what really got to me was the Rangers shouting out devils suck during our national anthem in round 1 last year. Total disrespect for their own countries anthem, and it wasnt just one fan, it was the fans in about 4 surrounding sections of me.

Does anyone agree with booing or making comments during the canadien national anthem?

Im mean Hockey is from canada, its thier sport. marty is from canada, along with alot of our players.

I think everyone should show respect during the Canadien and definitly our national anthem!

In response to Section 228 chanting "you can have it" after "god keep our land".

Whats everyones thoughts and opinions....

Agreed, the vast majority of fans everywhere respect and probably even sign or hum along to the Anthems of both countries. I know I like singing your Anthem, Probably because I no longer know the words to my own with the French stuffed into it....but there are always A-holes that ruin it for both sides.

I don't recall hearing it on the broadcast so it must have only been a few if it did in fact occur.

Well what do they expect? They come down from Ottawa, or Toronto, or Vancouver and throw their Canadian flags in everyone's faces. I'm not condoning it, but there's always morons.

Maybe we should chant USA at them?

I think direspecting any countries national athem is completely pathetic. I have to say I find the necessity of playing anthems AT EVERY SPORTING EVENT completely pointless, but I would never condone doing anything disrespectful to the anthems. People who do that are just idiots.

I am not from either country, but I stand during the anthem at Rats games out of respect for the country not for any other reason (however, ya play "god bless america" and I am just as likely to stay in my seat!).

Something else I didn't like...during Game 5, a moment of silence was held for the victims of Virginia Tech, and there were a bunch of drunk idiots screaming random things, mostly "LET'S GO DEVILS!!" yells, but I thought that was a bit ridiculous.

A moment of silence = a moment of silence. Keep your mouth shut and wait until it's over, jeez.

Something else I didn't like...during Game 5, a moment of silence was held for the victims of Virginia Tech, and there were a bunch of drunk idiots screaming random things, mostly "LET'S GO DEVILS!!" yells, but I thought that was a bit ridiculous.

A moment of silence = a moment of silence. Keep your mouth shut and wait until it's over, jeez.

Any sporting event you go to, theres always a handful of idiots that do these things. Yes its disrespectful, and I certainly wouldnt do that, on the otherhand, they just made an ass out of themselves infront of 15,000 or so fans in the stadium, and the millions watching it on TV. :hah:

agree totally...it's classless, disrespectful, moronic etc etc.

Those people north of the border are our allies...yes we have differences but they have always stood by us in tough times. There are Canadians shedding blood side by side with Americans in foreign lands...how about respecting that? :angry:

it's awesome to hear the canadian anthem before hockey games, it's a great way kick off the game(the game does come from the north)...anyone who chants or yells crap during the song is a fool.

Edited by ice dog

I hate when anyone boos any country's anthem- I always feel like apologizing to the fans from Canada when those morons do that. Let's all show each other respect.

I'll tell you what I did take offense to. Heatly and Speeza skating around and back to Emery before our anthem was finished. It was totally classless. They couldn't wait another 10 seconds?

Any sporting event you go to, theres always a handful of idiots that do these things. Yes its disrespectful, and I certainly wouldnt do that, on the otherhand, they just made an ass out of themselves infront of 15,000 or so fans in the stadium, and the millions watching it on TV. :hah: