respect to national anthems

overtime98

I'm all for respecting the other countries and whatnot, but I do get a little heated when a group of Sens/Leafs/whatever fans drag their gigantic Canadian flags to the arena. I don't know why, but that bothers me to some point. Bring a Senators or Leafs flag, leave the country out of it.

Edited by puckrock

I can understand this...

Spezza and Heatley do it here everygame as well and during the Canadian Anthem. Don't forget the order of the Anthems change depending on which side of the border you are. I don't think it's meant as being disrespectfull but they like to get those two laps in every game. Maybe it's a tradition thing, or perhaps just to get their legs loose before the puck drop since they often start games.

I disagree with booing during any national anthem. I kinda expect it from other countries during ours or some of our fans during other countries, but what really got to me was the Rangers shouting out devils suck during our national anthem in round 1 last year. Total disrespect for their own countries anthem, and it wasnt just one fan, it was the fans in about 4 surrounding sections of me.