GDT: DEVILS @ SENS 7pm 5/2/07

Devilish34

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Marty was expecting that to be a pass - there was a guy WIDE open to his right... I'm not so sure it wasn't a pass all along and it went on net.

WEIRD. THIS IS NOT OUR NIGHT.

This game is making me sick. The Devils are so sloppy on the PP and what a lucky goal before that. Marty has to be pay attention at all times. Stupid mistakes like that loses games for the Devils.

We need a much better third, or this series is pretty much over. :unsure:

Edited by NYGDevils32

i'm bumming right now but it is clear that the sens are the better team. the devils will have to win this game with smoke an mirrors at this point.

aside from the bad angle goal by marty, he's been brilliant. emery has been terrible but the devils cannot capitalize.

Worst goal ive seen him give up since that anahiem flop around goal

Did you miss the first round? He was giving up the exact same kind of goal all the time. It is his Achilles heel this post season. By the end of that series Tampa was setting up plays to get a shot there. Ottawa should do the same thing.

We are losing to the team that wants it more.

Did anybody else not see how Matvichuk's stick was being held when Ottawa scored that second goal. Everybody is talking about the bad angle but that play should have been blown dead long before the shot was even taken.

This is such bullsh*t. The Devils have clearly been the better team tonight but the Sens keep scoring all their goals off of interfering with other players. I'm so sick of this sh*t already.

Edited by SickMan

yuck - brodeur with another terrific period and then gives up a fluke goal. heatley watched tapes of the tampa series.

we were just starting to get some 5 on 5 pressure too.

elias has no clue what he is doing out on the ice - just none. he is lost.

The Devils absolutely suck on the PP... Ottawa could get 3 hours of penalties in this game and Jersey wouldn't score more than one goal. Marty was sharp at some moments, but then this Heatley goal...

This game sort of reminds me of game 3 against Tampa: the opposing team scores a goal, Devils tie it some time later, but they again stop playing offensively and the rivals score another goal.

Lou should better kick some butts during the intermission or we're going home in six or even five. :unsure:

Marty - what was that? I agree that ranks right up there with the Anaheim goal.

Clarkson - the net was wide open, buddy.

Elias - that person you see at the point is just a figment of your imagination. There's nobody there. Go to the net.

Twenty more minutes. We may need to accept the fact that the Devils are not a very good team. They are an OT winner away from being swept.

Fvck Ottawa. They are being given way to much credit from some of you. How anybody could say they want it more then the Devils is crazy. The Devils have played a good game tonight and deserve to be winning right now.

The Devils aren't getting any bounces to go their way but I hope they come out guns blazing this third period. I was nervous before the game but if you ignore the score, they have been the better team by far. It wont be easy but they can beat the Sens

Fvck Ottawa. They are being given way to much credit from some of you. How anybody could say they want it more then the Devils is crazy. The Devils have played a good game tonight and deserve to be winning right now.

The Devils aren't getting any bounces to go their way but I hope they come out guns blazing this third period. I was nervous before the game but if you ignore the score, they have been the better team by far. It wont be easy but they can beat the Sens

we're getting plenty of bounces.

we want it just as much as they do - they're a better team. to say the devils deserve to be winning right now is just insane - where are the great saves Ray Emery's had to make?

One more thing that is irking me now...

Clarkson and then Gomez on that last powerplay miss WIDE OPEN NETS. We aren't even making these guys earn the victory. They are supposed to be professionals, yet they can't even execute a simple play.

I'm sorry, but if Marty can hold them to 2 tonight and 1 last game - that SHOULD be enough when you have like 12 powerplays in 2 games and only give up 3 goals (not counting the empty net). :unsure:

We need a goal or this series is over. I'm sad that I'm even saying that now. :o

20 minutes is an eternity in playoff hockey. Still lots of time for the devils to score 2 goals. Brodeur will probably hold the fort the rest of the game. The Sens need to keep firing pucks at the net and hope for an insurance goal. I still say this series will go 6 or 7 games.