GDT: DEVILS @ SENS 7pm 5/2/07

Devilish34

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:(

Season not yet over, but looking like it could be coming as soon as Saturday.

Elias has to shoot the puck as soon as he gets in on his stick. He better be playing really sick or he has no excuse for his performance this series.

He passes WAY to much. He has to take it himself sometimes. I guess he is afraid of shooting too much and not scoring? :noclue:

Well when he pulled the puck for wrist shot he was outside the blue line, once the shot was released he was across the line. And there is a difference with players right in front of the goalies(like on Pando's goal), and players 40 feet away from goalies(Fischer's Goal). Marty had much more reaction time to get that puck, Emery did not.

Dude, Marty didn't see it. If you don't see it come off the stick, you aren't going to find it on the way to the net. I don't care if it's 40 feet or 50 feet. That shot should have been blocked - it wasn't.

Your whole argument is pointless. There's no other goalie that would give us a chance to win. We had a chance to win, we didn't get it done. Scoring 2 goals in 7 periods isn't going to win many games.

series isn't over - i want to at least send it back to ottawa for a game 6.

but yeah elias is clearly hurt and brodeur can stop every one but the easy one.

Elias is a joke right now. A joke. And I generally don't rip on Marty, but he's officially gotten on my one remaining nerve with these bullsh!t, minor league goals.

We're a very good team playing another very good team... that is playing better then us right now. Sure, but for a few bounces we could be tied or winning the series, but those same bounces the other way and we'd be getting killed. After a weak game 1 Marty has played well and Emery has been in position but looks akward while doing it; shows a stronger team can make up for a weaker goalie in the playoffs, something seen in years past. I don't think we are playing that bad; Ottawa is just playing very well.

Elias had 8 SOGs tonight. 26% of the teams shots. He shoots more than enough. He shot it in the end with a guy laying in front of him and it got blocked. You can get more of that if you want but it makes more sense for him to pass in those situations.

Look at it from Marty's perspective, you played amazing the game before and your team cant do anythign productive for you. Tonight your playing great again and your defense plays completely inept and your captain is still MIA. Gotta be disheartening

I don't think we'll come back to win the next three but that doesn't mean we can't make it interesting.

That would just make it worse for us if they win and go back to Ottawa and lose the series there.

But I would like to see them play their best hockey on Saturday, and get the win.

Im bored and depressed and I could just say whatever right now........

Hypothetically

Game 1: If wasn't for BRodeurs 5 goal allowance we would win

Game 2: WIN!

Game 3: If the interference was called.. who knows. OT WIN?

Game 4: BRodeur's 2 weak goals stopped.... win?

IMO, we just didn't get the breaks and bounces...

ok.. i'll shut up now!

Im soo angry that our season is over!

Sorry to say that but Marty blew this one for us. It was 1-1 and the Devils had the momentum when he directed Heatly goal in from that impossible angle and let them have the insurance goal on the weak wrister.

It was also clearly to see that the Devils have puck handling deficits. The Sens can make 20 cross ice passes without any problems, the Devils can