GDT: DEVILS @ SENS 7pm 5/2/07

Devilish34

Questioning Elias when things aren't looking that well is a low blow in my opinion. The poor guy had to fight tooth and nail just to get his life and career back on track. He has done so many good things for this team, has been the center piece of so many of our great memories as fans, and he is trying so hard out there when it's painfully obvious that he is playing sick.

Sounds like a leader to me.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2003 redux -- in reverse? Devs jumped out to a 3-1 lead, when Sens won at home, then in CAA, to force game 7. Let's hope history repeats itself -- in reverse -- excepting game 7 . . .

Edited by smelly

Maybe. But if Ottawa loses this series now, will they ever reach a SCF?

Let's face it: The team that's up 3-to-1 in this series deserves to be up 3-to-1. Your respect of the Devils is appreciated, but you guys will get roasted if you don't finish the job.

Elias had 8 SOGs tonight. 26% of the teams shots. He shoots more than enough. He shot it in the end with a guy laying in front of him and it got blocked. You can get more of that if you want but it makes more sense for him to pass in those situations.

I love him as much as anyone but the one shot he passed up in the third period was inexcusable. He had open ice and threw the puck to a covered Gomez(?). His confidence just isn't there at times. I honestly can't say I noticed any of those eight shots, then again the Devils as a team haven't exactly peppered Emery with quality shots.

The captain thing is ridiculously overrated in this sense though, Marty's the leader of the team anyway. And HE has had his struggles in this playoffs too. I don't care who you put the C on, Elias, Madden, Pandolfo, Gionta - does any of them really have the cache in the locker room Marty does?

Edited by Hasan4978

I love him as much as anyone but the one shot he passed up in the third period was inexcusable. He had open ice and threw the puck to a covered Gomez(?). His confidence just isn't there at times. I honestly can't say I noticed any of those eight shots, then again the Devils as a team haven't exactly peppered Emery with quality shots.

He was in almost the exact same spot with the same exact blocking going on in front of him at the end of the game as he was when he passed that puck. You saw it not work with 30 seconds to play and it wouldn't have worked then either. Shooting it into the defensemans shins when you have other options makes no sense. Elias only shot it with 30 seconds left because he waited 3 seconds and nobody got open so he had no other options.

Edited by Devils731

Two of the last three games in this series is on home ice. In 2000 the Devils cameback from 3-1 two of the three games were in Philadelphia infront of a hostile crowd. Devils would be the team to comeback from 3-1 in this seasons playoffs. "One Game At A Time!"

the Sens will get roasted if they don't finish the job.

I agree. It's "win a cup or else" mindset around here. I guess time will tell how this years PO's turn out. Will the Sens finally win a cup? I can only :pray: . As a Sens fan...i'm tired of :argh:

He was in almost the exact same spot with the same exact blocking going on in front of him at the end of the game as he was when he passed that puck. You saw it not work with 30 seconds to play and it wouldn't have worked then either. Shooting it into the defensemans shins when you have other options makes no sense. Elias only shot it with 30 seconds left because he waited 3 seconds and nobody got open so he had no other options.

With 30 seconds left, he had a defenseman trying to block his shot and had to attempt to get him out of the way, I don't get on him for that one. The earlier attempt he had plenty of open ice near him.

BELIEVE - 2000 Eastern Conference Finals, 1 game to 3 comeback... the 4th seed wasn't supposed to beat the 1st.

The fourth seed finished one point behind the first and was really a better team, the only reason the Devils didn't win the division was Ftorek :P We were a better team than the Flyers but weren't playing like it, Ottawa's a better team than us and are playing like it. A comeback now would be more amazing. But in any case, let's walk before we run. Just win Game 5 first.

The fourth seed finished one point behind the first and was really a better team, the only reason the Devils didn't win the division was Ftorek :P We were a better team than the Flyers but weren't playing like it, Ottawa's a better team than us and are playing like it. A comeback now would be more amazing. But in any case, let's walk before we run. Just win Game 5 first.

"One Game At A Time!" :evil:

Are Lou and/or the rest of the team crazy? "We just need to do a couple more little things right..." :koolaid: From my vantage point, the team is playing *bad* hockey. It's pretty disgusting out there. These may be one goal games, but the Devils trip all over themselves and are never really in it.

Where's the post-game tirade ala 2000? I can understand staying collected, but this team is too passive.

Are Lou and/or the rest of the team crazy? "We just need to do a couple more little things right..." :koolaid: From my vantage point, the team is playing *bad* hockey. It's pretty disgusting out there. These may be one goal games, but the Devils trip all over themselves and are never really in it.

I can't agree here. I don't think the Devils are playing bad hockey overall -- they're just picking a hell of a time during the game to have collective brain farts. Yes, I'm looking at you, Colin.

It was proven in the Tampa series -- as the EGG Line goes, so goes the team. They needed that line to ring the bell one more time, and instead they got more overpassing and fanning on shots. If the EGGs create one more goal in Game 3 and Game 4, this is a different series. But they didn't, so now there's no margin for error -- yes, I'm looking at you, Marty.

<JESTER>

I can't agree here. I don't think the Devils are playing bad hockey overall -- they're just picking a hell of a time during the game to have collective brain farts. Yes, I'm looking at you, Colin.

It was proven in the Tampa series -- as the EGG Line goes, so goes the team. They needed that line to ring the bell one more time, and instead they got more overpassing and fanning on shots. If the EGGs create one more goal in Game 3 and Game 4, this is a different series. But they didn't, so now there's no margin for error -- yes, I'm looking at you, Marty.

<JESTER>