Owner expects Devils to be hot ticket

it's still a good thing they let the season ticket holders get the $10 seats cause god forbid you let your loyal fans get the affordable seats cause we never see discounts :P

I suppose it's fair to give the STH's the only shot at the cheap seats but it might be bad business unless they're really that confident they'll be able to sell a ton of the other seats as season tickets and partials. I also thought the point of them was to be available for gameday sale.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I second the idea on the "where are you sitting NOW" thread!!!

Has, but what would motivate a fan to buy full season tickets when:

1. you get no discount

2. there will be CHEAPER seats available on gameday

3. they run all those idiot 50% discount sales and give you a what... 5% discount on them for the season??

There's no value in that

well unless this restaurants we have access too is the greatest thing on the planet :P

Your STH are your LIFE in an arena... CATER TO THEM and make more people WANT to be like them

I suppose it's fair to give the STH's the only shot at the cheap seats but it might be bad business unless they're really that confident they'll be able to sell a ton of the other seats as season tickets and partials. I also thought the point of them was to be available for gameday sale.

IMO, this will be the only time the 10 dollar seats will go to STH's. Going forward no new people will be given the option to purchase them as ST.

If they have to run any of those 50-75% discounts next year then Newark was a complete waste of time and money.

Problem is though there are a percentage of fans that just can't afford season tickets and if all the seats that are left over are high end, it'll be tough, esp for families, to afford them even on a per game basis.

Has anyone inquired about the terrace tables? I imagine that they're way out of my price range but it would be neat to be able to watch the games live but still hear Doc & Chico...

Well, that delay on the broadcast would probably drive you nuts . . .

I have to decide on my seat location soon. Im not liking the words "sold out" on a lot of these threads. :o

Don't worry, there's still plenty of options. I got a call Tuesday to upgrade my Mezzanine (Yellow) seats to the lower deck. They had plenty available on the end where the Devils attack twice in both the Red and Granite sections. I got two seats in Section 2, row 11, on the aisle. Row 11 is the first row of Granite seats, so getting fairly close but for $20 less per seat than the Red section.

Edited by DrHockey
Don't worry, there's still plenty of options. I got a call Tuesday to upgrade my Mezzanine (Yellow) seats to the lower deck. They had plenty available on the end where the Devils attack twice in both the Red and Granite sections. I got two seats in Section 2, row 11, on the aisle. Row 11 is the first row of Granite seats, so getting fairly close but for $20 less per seat than the Red section.

Completely off-topic, but the quote in your sig is about the only time I ever smiled while Gary Bettman was talking, I remember it like it was yesterday....memoriiiiiieeeesss....

Has anyone inquired about the terrace tables? I imagine that they're way out of my price range but it would be neat to be able to watch the games live but still hear Doc & Chico...

I was told terrace tables are not sold for the devils exclusively, you get the table for every event held at the arena.

I was told terrace tables are not sold for the devils exclusively, you get the table for every event held at the arena.

that was true initially but they didn't sell as well as they had hoped. you can get them for just the devils.

just got the call and got upgraded to club seats. don't love my location but i'll try to switch during the summer.

if anyone has two club seats and wants to be closer to the ice (row 5) and is looking to switch, feel free to PM me.