next season

xxchaznjxx

i'm interested in what lou will do with this group next year. 2 years in a row with the same result ain't what he had in mind. i'm not sure what our salary cap situation is like next year so i can't tell if lou is going to be a buyer or seller.

i think pat burns will be the coach next year.

i think rafalski won't be resigned and greene will slip into his role.

i think gomer is gone. i don't see him giving us the hometown discount like patrick and marty did and i don't think the devs will tie a lot of money up in him. hopefully he doesn't end up with the philly or the gayshirts of NY. i've heard LA, but we'll have to wait and see. but we will need a #1 center, perhaps someone with some size. or let zajac go up to #1 and get a solid #2 with size.

what happened to our shut down line. i love mad dog/pando to death, but they didn't do a whole lot of shutting down during these playoffs. and they had too much ice time.

if we are going to be a defense first team, we need to upgrade our d, or at least bring in that one guy to rally around. we have a nice group of d men, but there are no daneyko's, stevens or (traitor)neidermayers back there anymore.

i hope this isn't the end for sarge, but being demoted to the 4th line in a pivotal game doesn't look good for him next year.

i'm interested in seeing who lou brings up next seasons. looks like rupp and rasmussen could be expendable if some of the youngsters step up. clarkson is almost asured a spot.

i'm interested in what lou will do with this group next year. 2 years in a row with the same result ain't what he had in mind. i'm not sure what our salary cap situation is like next year so i can't tell if lou is going to be a buyer or seller.

i think pat burns will be the coach next year.

i think rafalski won't be resigned and greene will slip into his role.

i think gomer is gone. i don't see him giving us the hometown discount like patrick and marty did and i don't think the devs will tie a lot of money up in him. hopefully he doesn't end up with the philly or the gayshirts of NY. i've heard LA, but we'll have to wait and see. but we will need a #1 center, perhaps someone with some size. or let zajac go up to #1 and get a solid #2 with size.

what happened to our shut down line. i love mad dog/pando to death, but they didn't do a whole lot of shutting down during these playoffs. and they had too much ice time.

if we are going to be a defense first team, we need to upgrade our d, or at least bring in that one guy to rally around. we have a nice group of d men, but there are no daneyko's, stevens or (traitor)neidermayers back there anymore.

i hope this isn't the end for sarge, but being demoted to the 4th line in a pivotal game doesn't look good for him next year.

i'm interested in seeing who lou brings up next seasons. looks like rupp and rasmussen could be expendable if some of the youngsters step up. clarkson is almost asured a spot.

Welcome.

Burns MAY be coach.

Rafalski will most likely be back. Greene could not fill his role.

Elias didn't really take a hometown discount.

Gomez is most likely gone...you're right.

we all want that big defensive stopper but i'm not sure he's out there.

Agreed...at least not this year. I hope Lou waits until he finds the right guy instead of throwing a lot of money at some guy just because he is the best of the pack.

Welcome.

Burns MAY be coach.

Rafalski will most likely be back. Greene could not fill his role.

Elias didn't really take a hometown discount.

Gomez is most likely gone...you're right.

thanks for the welcome. i just found this site today looking for something else and i was happy i did. i love the fact you guys have some ahl info in purgatory. i like to keep up with the youngsters

i'm just throwing ideas out there. i have nothing to back this up, just going on what i've seen this year. i know we'll have a better idea what's going on with the team when we find out what the salary cap will be like. i'm just real disappointed with the way it ended this year, just like last year. i'm starting to wonder if the devils can continue to play the same style they do to compete in this new nhl. i'd like to see them be a little more aggressive on offense but i think we all would.

Agreed...at least not this year. I hope Lou waits until he finds the right guy instead of throwing a lot of money at some guy just because he is the best of the pack.

I'm a transplant. Born and raised in the dirty-dirty before relocating to chase the dream of Hollywood, which is now ironically on fire.

The fires are in a non-populated area. The only thing really in danger up there is the Hollywood sign, but I think they've got it fairly under control now.

There are 4 seasons in LA: Dry, Fire, Rain and Mud.

Scott Hannan and Timonen are UFAs, the money we save on Gomez can be used to lure him. Then, I think Matvichuk and his 1.3M can be dealt elsewhere. As for Lukowich, he is replaceable and I don't want him getting paid more than 1.5M.

Defense hopefuls:

Shutdown pair: Hannan/Timonen and Rafalski

Martin-Oduya

Greene/Lukowich-White

As for forwards, I think we can give Bergfors a chance to filled into the top line and let Elias center the top line.

Scott Hannan and Timonen are UFAs, the money we save on Gomez can be used to lure him. Then, I think Matvichuk and his 1.3M can be dealt elsewhere. As for Lukowich, he is replaceable and I don't want him getting paid more than 1.5M.

Defense hopefuls:

Martin-Oduya

Greene/Lukowich-White

As for forwards, I think we can give Bergfors a chance to filled into the top line and let Elias center the top line.

What is the deal with Hannan? I really don't know much about him besides his stats and what tsn says of him, which is "defensive defenseman." Based on that, his age, and the fact that he is an alternate captain (if my memory serves me correct), he seems like he would be a decent fit for the Devils. Although the one concern just like all FA defenseman the Devils sign, is can he adjust to the system? Any info on him would be appreciated, he seems like he would be a good pick up depending on the price and what happens with Rafalski.

the only way the devs will sign a new defensemen is if rafi goes... let's talk forwards... drury or zubrus or hartnelll would be fine

also if rafi and luko comeback oduya may not make the cut or atleast may not get a starting job this year... like the series vs the sens.

Edited by Cal914

What is the deal with Hannan? I really don't know much about him besides his stats and what tsn says of him, which is "defensive defenseman." Based on that, his age, and the fact that he is an alternate captain (if my memory serves me correct), he seems like he would be a decent fit for the Devils. Although the one concern just like all FA defenseman the Devils sign, is can he adjust to the system? Any info on him would be appreciated, he seems like he would be a good pick up depending on the price and what happens with Rafalski.

Defense hopefuls:

Martin-Oduya

Greene/Lukowich-White

Defense isn't a problem when we re-sign Rafi. In fact we are pretty stocked on the blueline.

Gomer is the question mark. If he asks for more than $1 million more, he is gone.

He will NOT be replaced by a Free agent.

Oduya was starting to feel like a liability to me towards the end there. But, its his first year, i'm willing to give him another season seeing as he looked so solid in Oct. I have come to LOVE Lukowich (never thought I'd say that) AND Matvichuk for that matter. They should both stay for sure.

I still like Whitey, but maybe it's because i can relate to his anger mangement issues.

Martin is a product of the system and also looks good.

Fraser/Greene are both good potentials. I'd be happy to see them.

Raffi stays, i'd think. But not for a big raise. He made some seriously boneheaded moves this year.

For whoever wanted to see Pronger, I disagree. Sure, he's a great Dman, but i think he's got an attitude problem. I dunno why exactly, just a feeling I get.

On offense:

Parise/Zajac/Langenbrunner is The Awesome. keep it together.

Elias, Gio and either Rupp or Clarkson. Really. That line needs some physicality out there to do what they need to do.

Maddendolpho musta been playing hurt in the 2nd round because their performance was abysmal. Love to see someone new on that line because though i love Sarge, he was pretty invisible there. Rassmussen?

and the Dobermens:

Cam plus 2 others. I'd love to see Jersey Jim back but i'm not sure he's got the skills to keep up anymore.

And in goal, Clemmer needs to play more games or we need to find a backup Lou trusts to take 20ish games a season. Give the nonhot Parise a chance? Marty looked hurt too, no matter what he says.

What scares me is Gomez going to the Rangers. He's got good luck in MSG and facing them 8 times, that's bad luck for us.

And, Manta, I agree, Lou isn't signing an FA to replace 23 if he leaves. I think it'll be a callup.

Oduya was starting to feel like a liability to me towards the end there. But, its his first year, i'm willing to give him another season seeing as he looked so solid in Oct. I have come to LOVE Lukowich (never thought I'd say that) AND Matvichuk for that matter. They should both stay for sure.

And in goal, Clemmer needs to play more games or we need to find a backup Lou trusts to take 20ish games a season. Give the nonhot Parise a chance? Marty looked hurt too, no matter what he says.

What scares me is Gomez going to the Rangers. He's got good luck in MSG and facing them 8 times, that's bad luck for us.

And, Manta, I agree, Lou isn't signing an FA to replace 23 if he leaves. I think it'll be a callup.

It was Oduya's first year with an 82 game schedule plus playoffs. I think he's going to be both here and good for a long time.

The more I think over the last few weeks, the more I think Marty was hurt much worse than he let on during that March 30th game against Philly....