Anyone read Weird NJ?

thelastonealive

I take letters to Weird NJ about as seriously as a take letters to Playboy (not that I ever read that...stufff...ahem...moving on...).

Anyway I was perusing the most recent issue and found this:

The Devil's Arena?

"I used to work for a large construction company that does work in NJ and across the country. I no longer work for the company, but I still keep in contact with a couple of people who do. This company was recently award the contract for the new Devils' Arena that will host the hockey team.

The arena is being built on a plot of land that was originally a graveyard. I'm not quite sure how old the graveyard is, but obviously no one has been buried there in quite awhile. OK, Devils' Arena, graveyard - spooky, maybe, but certainly not weird. The weird part comes when I found out how many skeletons they removed from the site. 1,666 - now that's weird.

I don't know if this is something that would interest you, but I've told a few people this story and it got a couple laughs and a few gaping mouths. I really don't know any more details than what I told you, but I'm sure your team could shine some light on how old the graves were? Anyone famous buried there? And so on. - Ken"

Let the Welcome To Hell jokes commence....

Now.

it's an extra 1,600 to use to jack up attendance figures :lol:

Not just that...I can hear the players now:

"I didn't trip him...it was one of our ghosts. You have heard about our ghosts, haven't you? Send him to the box. He's standing right there. What do you mean, even if they did exist, they couldn't trip someone, they're 'incorporial'. What the #$&* does 'incorporial' mean????"

Thats slightly crazy, but it seems slighlty weird he put the figure at 1,666

666 on the end , come on, LOL

They should have just burried them further down, keep them in the same place, dont take any chances an jinx it :P

They should have just burried them further down, keep them in the same place, dont take any chances an jinx it :P

'Cause building the arena over the skeletons will be less of a jinx? :o

that's not a good idea. haven't you ever seen poltergeist?

'Cause building the arena over the skeletons will be less of a jinx? :o

And ripping them out the ground where they have been for the best part of 500 or so years is better :noclue:

that's not a good idea. haven't you ever seen poltergeist?

Nope, anyway one of the ghoasts might be able to solve our problems as a first line center, or might end up being equily invisible for most of the season. :P

:whistling:

And ripping them out the ground where they have been for the best part of 500 or so years is better :noclue:

I don't know, I think spirits wouldbe move pissed to have a giant building built over them.

Besides, Iwould imagine you have to dig much deeper than six feet to build the foundation for a 17,000 seat arena.

Hrm it's an idea

undead can't get injured

doesn't need an agent

doesn't get worse over the years

probably VERY obedient

would be highly thrilled to be out of the ground

hell I'm all for a center and checking line winger brought back from the great beyond!!!

I can see the contract negotiations now....

"we brought you BACK FROM THE DEAD... take the league minimum or we send you back!! :P"

I can see the contract negotiations now....

"we brought you BACK FROM THE DEAD... take the league minimum or we send you back!! :P"

We can give them a 2 way contract: league minimum if they are above the ground and nothing if they are below it.

Unless any of them are older than 35, then we are screwed. :P

oh god, i knew this sounded too good to be true.

you see this is exactly why i want to be eaten by wild animals! dead people are so damn sensitive.

U r weird

it's an extra 1,600 to use to jack up attendance figures :lol:

but will they buy popcorn??