OOT Scoreboard - Mon. 5/28

SatansDevils

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great, great game last night and the rest of the series should be this intense.

My only problem with the Versus coverage was the between periods non-sense. Messier is out of his element. Clement asked him direct questions and Messier just read his pre-written opinons that had nothing to do with the questions.

I know this might sound silly, but I would rather have someone pointing out mistakes or breakdowns rather than "he is playing great" or "(FILL IN THE BLANK) is the reason they made it too the finals"

Kudos to Brian Burke reinvigorating Brad May who was a catalyst in shifting the momentum back to Anahiem.

Yea, where has Brad May come from all of a sudden?

The Ducks look like they expect to be in these finals, and the Senators don't. They were not ready for Game 1, and that goes to your coach and your team leaders. That line one was absolutely terrible for 95% of the night, and completely invisible. There's no excuses here, especially Alfredsson, who might finally be showing his true playoff colors, just now it's in Round 4 instead 1 or 2.

Yea, where has Brad May come from all of a sudden?

The Ducks look like they expect to be in these finals, and the Senators don't. They were not ready for Game 1, and that goes to your coach and your team leaders. That line one was absolutely terrible for 95% of the night, and completely invisible. There's no excuses here, especially Alfredsson, who might finally be showing his true playoff colors, just now it's in Round 4 instead 1 or 2.

what? what a bunch of nonsense. ottawa had like 70 days off and lost by one goal on the road. yes, it's not a game they were likely to win, but to say they weren't ready is just not true. anaheim took a bunch of silly penalties as they're going to do every game, ottawa capitalized, but they sat back for too long at points and let anaheim take the play to them.

and second, alfredsson has 39 goals in 95 playoff games, or roughly .4 goals a game. This is better than his career average - how this guy gets ripped on for being a playoff no-show is just a testament to the colossal stupidity of the canadian media. Even if you take away this season, he's got 29 in 79 games, which isn't much worse than his career average.

Edited by Triumph

what? what a bunch of nonsense. ottawa had like 70 days off and lost by one goal on the road. yes, it's not a game they were likely to win, but to say they weren't ready is just not true. anaheim took a bunch of silly penalties as they're going to do every game, ottawa capitalized, but they sat back for too long at points and let anaheim take the play to them.

Exactly, Anaheim played Anaheim hockey. The Sens weren't trying to make them play their brand of hockey, and as you said, were convienient to sit back. They were not ready. It's clear the Ducks were.

The Ducks are undisciplined if you give them a day or a month off, that's a risk they're willing to take. Ottawa seemed afraid to play their game.

And you forget that their first goal was a fluke one, and the second one had a little weird twist (with McDonald and the stick) to it too.

They were simply unwilling to step up, take the body, give it back, and play their game.

What happened to how Ottawa was stepping up for each other, showing toughness? This was not a tough team, Ottawa that is. Anaheim exposed them for that tonight. Where was the retaliation when Ric Jackman clotheslines a guy after a whistle? When Getzlaf cross checks Comrie 5 times into the boards?

Ottawa needs to step it up. They better be ready for game 2

Edited by Devilsdude530

and second, alfredsson has 39 goals in 95 playoff games, or roughly .4 goals a game. This is better than his career average - how this guy gets ripped on for being a playoff no-show is just a testament to the colossal stupidity of the canadian media. Even if you take away this season, he's got 29 in 79 games, which isn't much worse than his career average.

Agree. Alfredsson is a great playoff performer but seems to get too much blame for the Sens playoff record.

Very, very much like Yzerman before he finally won.

It's not a question of numbers. As their captain, Alfredsson has to be more valuable than just a goal and a assist every night.

so in other words, alfredsson is european.

it doesn't make any sense to me - alfredsson has come up huge. the problems with ottawa have been - too many soft euros up front (not alfredsson), too soft a defense, a bad goalie, and a coach who doesn't adjust. alfredsson can't make magnus arvedson care about the playoffs.

everything else has been the problem - alfredsson has been fine. all this talk of captains seems a lot of nonsense.

Ducks deserved the Win last night although I would have been thrilled had the Sens stolen that.

2:45 left in the third and we might have had a chance in OT against the Ducks who hold the best record in OT wins. I just think the Sens ran out of gas in the 3rd. You could tell at one point where the Sens were just standing still while the Ducks cycled in our end of the ice. There was no jump, no pressure no nothing except Emery trying to steal a game which is not his fortay.

The good is that Anaheim went 0 - 4 on their PP chances and we went 2 - 7. Once we get back to skating, I'm sure the Sens will do fine.

As for the physical play --- Alfie, Heater and Spezza did shy away from contact...That better change quick but I didn't think the hits from Anaheim were bone crunchers...Ya Corvo got sat down a couple of times, but a hit on Alfie which resulted in a turnover in the 3rd was simply a matter of Alfie not having any balance do to his legs being gone. I did notice Phillips putting on some nice hits and even putting Getzlaf down on a rush and I think Comrie, Schaeffer and Fisher had a good cycle going on the Ducks. Now if we can only get the other 3 lines going.

Game 2 will be better. At least we don't need to hear "Sens can't win a Game 2" in this series :evil:

Exactly, Anaheim played Anaheim hockey. The Sens weren't trying to make them play their brand of hockey, and as you said, were convienient to sit back. They were not ready. It's clear the Ducks were.

The Ducks are undisciplined if you give them a day or a month off, that's a risk they're willing to take. Ottawa seemed afraid to play their game.

And you forget that their first goal was a fluke one, and the second one had a little weird twist (with McDonald and the stick) to it too.

They were simply unwilling to step up, take the body, give it back, and play their game.

What happened to how Ottawa was stepping up for each other, showing toughness? This was not a tough team, Ottawa that is. Anaheim exposed them for that tonight. Where was the retaliation when Ric Jackman clotheslines a guy after a whistle? When Getzlaf cross checks Comrie 5 times into the boards?

Ottawa needs to step it up. They better be ready for game 2

I think you're reading too much into last night. The layoff was too long. You defended it because you would defend almost anything the league does.

But you can't tell me it didn't have an affect. Ottawa should be better tomorrow. If they win tomorrow, are you going to still question their leadership?

Edited by Derek21

The Sens played the same way the always do after a long layoff: like crap.......see all the give-aways, all the drop passes that didn't work. Their timing was off because they haven't played at that intensity for a log time. it DOES matter. fvck the stupid scheduling. The layoff was too long for the Sens, so the Ducks benefit.

But considering that is probably the worst playoff game I have seen from the Sens this year (worse than that game against the devils), I am not worried. The only lost a A goal, not like it is the end of the world. Hell, the played a lot better than I was expecting them too. And the Sens not wanting to hit? Sure, you believe that if it if ya like. Game 2 will be different, they just needed to get their timing back.

I think you're reading too much into last night. The layoff was too long. You defended it because you would defend almost anything the league does.

Somebody has to, eh?

I think when it gets to the point that one team had 5 days off, and another team had 9, it just doesn't matter for either. Ducks showed up. Sens did not. Simple as that.

Somebody has to, eh?

I think when it gets to the point that one team had 5 days off, and another team had 9, it just doesn't matter for either. Ducks showed up. Sens did not. Simple as that.

I just don't think it was smart to have that kind of time off.

I just don't think it was smart to have that kind of time off.

And not to mention a league that is DESPERATE to get national, mainstream and casual attention... it's moronic for the league to fall off the map for 6 full days like it DID... any non-hardcore fan who was watching, found something better to do....

I like the Vs end of the TV Deal... the NBC end is getting worse and worse by the second....

I have altered your league's playoffs.... pray I don't alter them any further!!

More so when the ONLY reason we had to wait a week is because NBC wanted it's crappy Season Finales during Sweeps week

I wish the NHL would think of this when they overload our schedules with 3 games in 4 night marathons to HURRY UP to this point to have to wait for the Farooqing NETWORK!!!!

CRASHER, what if I were to tell you that, after the Stanley Cup Finals on Saturday at 8PM, at 11:30 (In the SNL Slot) NBC is airing Saturday Night's Main Event?

Where do you think the NHL will be on that totem pole?

To be honest, I am willing to bet they say the hell with SNME because it's been a failure on BOTH ends of the totem pole (bad ratings, and to be honest the WWE guys are all over the place and over-exposed as is... it's not the 80s when all you saw was the wrestlers beat up on jobbers each week and SNME was SPECIAL because it was big time matches)... so I hope to high holy hell Ottawa wins in the 4th overtime !!!!!

But then again the NHL could only DREAM of the 3-something rating SNME will get... and I can dream of NOT having to see Cena and the "Great" Khali again... JUDO.... SUCK!!!!

the irony is the Vs games have been advertised of late on Raw Broadcasts!!!

And not to mention a league that is DESPERATE to get national, mainstream and casual attention... it's moronic for the league to fall off the map for 6 full days like it DID... any non-hardcore fan who was watching, found something better to do....

I like the Vs end of the TV Deal... the NBC end is getting worse and worse by the second....

I have altered your league's playoffs.... pray I don't alter them any further!!

More so when the ONLY reason we had to wait a week is because NBC wanted it's crappy Season Finales during Sweeps week

I wish the NHL would think of this when they overload our schedules with 3 games in 4 night marathons to HURRY UP to this point to have to wait for the Farooqing NETWORK!!!!

The Final schedule would have been the same regardless of NBC. As mentioned before they had to set the schedule before Game 6 of the Wings/Ducks series for logistics reasons. Thursday would have been game 7. Ideally the Final would have started on Saturday but Honda Center was booked. Because both NBC and CBC wanted Saturday Night game that left the start date for Monday. Even if NBC wasn't broadcasting the series and Versus was broadcasting the full series the series would have started Monday for CBC.

Because of scheduling and arena availability the earliest start date for the series was Sunday. All they did was move it back 1 day for TV.