I hate airlines

XxLancerHockeyxX

I hate airlines, I hate the ticket prices, I hate having to get on 400 different planes in 30 different cities or states to get to ONE place. Honestly...

Now I'm looking up plane tickets to North Dakota so I can check out UND and its like almost $1000 per person and its telling me that I have to take a plane from Hartford, Ct to Washington, D.C. then from D.C. to Illinois then from Illinois to Minnesota and from Minnesota to North Dakota. >.< This is ridiculous. And on top of that we need a car rental and the hotel prices are outrageous. It's almost another $1000 per room or person(something like that) for 2 nights in a 2 STAR HOTEL.

When traveling between BFE-CT and BFE-ND this is the problem you encounter. Not much you can do about it since few people want to travel this route. It may be worth it for you to drive to JFK and take a flight from there.

Also, if you are flying within the next couple of weeks you'll get screwed on price no matter what, even if the flight was direct.

I believe that she lives in BFN-CT and is headed to BFN-ND.

But the point is there. Drive the hour or so to take a flight from CIVILIZATION.

I hate airlines, I hate the ticket prices, I hate having to get on 400 different planes in 30 different cities or states to get to ONE place. Honestly...

Now I'm looking up plane tickets to North Dakota so I can check out UND and its like almost $1000 per person and its telling me that I have to take a plane from Hartford, Ct to Washington, D.C. then from D.C. to Illinois then from Illinois to Minnesota and from Minnesota to North Dakota. >.< This is ridiculous. And on top of that we need a car rental and the hotel prices are outrageous. It's almost another $1000 per room or person(something like that) for 2 nights in a 2 STAR HOTEL.

It depends on the airline too. Try Northwest, I think their hubs are in Chicago OHare and Minneapolis. Might be able to fly JFK-Minny and then Minny-ND. You're probably stuck with at least one layover, but if you go from one of the NY area airports you shouldn't have to switch more than twice.

Edit: I lied, hubs are in Detroit and Minny (and Memphis for some reason)

Edited by thelastonealive

It depends on the airline too. Try Northwest, I think their hubs are in Chicago OHare and Minneapolis. Might be able to fly JFK-Minny and then Minny-ND. You're probably stuck with at least one layover, but if you go from one of the NY area airports you shouldn't have to switch more than twice.

Yeah everywhere flight I looked at has at aleast one change but thats fine. I just dont wanna take four or five different planes, that's insanity.

Also if you are flying NWA, check through their website, they offer a low price guarantee on their flights.

NYC seems to be a similar distance from Bridgeport as Hartford, so you'd definitely benefit flying out of NYC.

And I dunno what hotels you are looking at but I found $60/ night rooms. What dates are you going? Are they holidays? Check also that there isn't some local festival going on when you want to go, you may want to change dates.

And I dunno what hotels you are looking at but I found $60/ night rooms. What dates are you going? Are they holidays? Check also that there isn't some local festival going on when you want to go, you may want to change dates.

Im going from July 16th to July 18th (possibly) I have to set up a date with the Univeristy of North Dakota still but those are most likely the dates I'll be there.

Serves you right for living in nowhere's world :lol:

Hey...Connecticut is the richest state in the US...dont hate. Lol

I still get $60/night for those dates.......2star.

It is Grand Forks you are going to right, or am I completely out of whack?

Yeah thats what it is. Hmm I dont know last night it was giving me retarded prices. I'll check again.

Also, on NWA you can do options so you can see flight prices +/- 3 days for example, if you flew 17th+20th or 15th+18th it is only $597 including taxes.

Although the actual flight times might suck a little, but if you're on a tight budget, that is what ya have to live with.

Maybe consider flying to Minneapolis / St Paul and rent a car from there to North Dakota...that might save you a bundle....

Woah...you're smart. And yeah the prices are SOOO much better. I think I'm gonna consider doing that.

Woah...you're smart. And yeah the prices are SOOO much better. I think I'm gonna consider doing that.

How long's the drive? The only time I've ever been in Minny was a three hour layover so I never did leave the airport. Luckily there was an arcade in the airport. Thus making it my favorite ever.

Also...try Expedia for that...see if you can get the flight, rent a car and the hotels together...you can $ave money that way too...what days are you going????

Edited by LOTCB

But I am presuming there is a couple of you going so that drive wouldn't be too bad. Plus ya going to see universities.....the days of roadtripping begin :D

That's not a bad drive...4 hours, 4.5ish...

Although I do think you need to be 25 to rent a car. At least that's how it used to be from certain rental agencies. Why 25, I have no idea, but definately something to look into if a parental unit is not coming.

Also...try Expedia for that...see if you can get the flight, rent a car and the hotels together...you can $ave money that way too...what days are you going????

Yeah ahah thats what I've been using.

Who are you going with Lancer? You may have to travel with someone over 21 to rent a car. While under 25's can rent and pay a fee to do so, I think only over 21's can actually rent a car.

Both people I'm going with are over 21...and over 25. Haha