The Official UFA Breaking News Thread

Devilsdude530

The fact that he's going to be 34 at the start of the season, it's foolish to sign him for that long. 4 years, maybe. 5 years is a risk.

But Detroit always seems to get miles out of old defensemen. Fetisov, Chelios, Larry Murphy, Lidstrom, Schneider, Mark Howe. It would be painful to see Rafalski putting up 50 points a season and playing solid D at age 39.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Losing Raffi is a big hit to the Devils D. The contract is a little high priced and I was surprised at the length, but good luck to Raffi. I always liked him.

Now the Devils have some serious D issues, if I'm Broduer, I'm on the phone right now with Lou asking him what he's going to do about the D in front of him and I'm letting Lou know that I am P I S S E D!!!!!

The Devils just lost their only defensive scoring threat and best puck moving D man.

The Devils best defender now is Colin White. I like Whitey, but not as a center piece to your D.

Losing Raffi is a big hit to the Devils D. The contract is a little high priced and I was surprised at the length, but good luck to Raffi. I always liked him.

Now the Devils have some serious D issues, if I'm Broduer, I'm on the phone right now with Lou asking him what he's going to do about the D in front of him and I'm letting Lou know that I am P I S S E D!!!!!

The Devils just lost their only defensive scoring threat and best puck moving D man.

The Devils best defender now is Colin White. I like Whitey, but not as a center piece to your D.

Souray is 1 dimensional. He plays the powerplay well and stinks in every other aspect of the game. And last year was a career season he'll never duplicate. Next year he'll score 40 points and play lousy defense, and take stupid penalties.