The Official UFA Breaking News Thread

Devilsdude530

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are Clemmensen, Fahey, Dowd, and Brooks crossed out..? Did they get signed by other teams O.o ?

Nah, I just mis-typed my strike-out tag. Fixed now :D

Just trying to do the UFA's due to not getting QOs now, but site going a bit slow.

I am really sick over what has transpired here today in the FA frenzy here in the NHL. :puke: Anyone else feeling the same way? I feel physically sick. I mean it looks like almost every team is getting better and Lou and the Devils do nothing here today to try to improve the team and their weaknesses. :noclue: Devils lose two key FA in Gomez and Rafalski and get nothing in return to replace them. This is happening every year now with the Devils way too much. Has Lou lost it? Lou has been making too many mistakes in recent years and to just sit here all day and get not one FA just puzzles the sh!t out of me. :rant: Sorry, but I do think this time the Devils and Lou really messed this up by watching the Rangers and the Flyers get a hell of a lot better. I just was hoping this was a bad dream but for sure it is not and it will be on the front pages of every newspaper to remind us Devils fans that we were slapped real hard in the face today. It sucks and I wish nothing but bad things for the Rangers, Gomez and the Flyers. :angry:

End of Rant.

Edited by SatansDevils

SD, things look good on paper for some of these teams but watch out in a few seasons when they're hamstrung with big contracts, can't give the raises needed to their RFAs and the UFAs start going for more reasonable contracts to those who didn't throw extra millions at 4 or 5 players.

I am really sick over what has transpired here today in the FA frenzy here in the NHL. :puke: Anyone else feeling the same way? I feel physically sick. I mean it looks like almost every team is getting better and Lou and the Devils do nothing here today to try to improve the team and their weaknesses. :noclue: Devils lose two key FA in Gomez and rafalski and get nothing in return to replace them. this is happening every year now with the Devils. Has Lou lost it? Lou has been making too many mistakes in recent years and to just sit here all day and get not one FA just puzzles the sh!t out of me. :rant: Sorry, but I do think this time the Devils and Lou really messed this up by watching the Rangers and the Flyers get a hell of a lot better. I just was hoping this was a bad dream but for sure it is not and it will be on the front pages of every newspaper to remind us Devvils fans that we were slapped real hard in the face today. It sucks and I wish nothing but bad things for the Rangers, Gomez and the Flyers. :angry:

End of Rant.

Every year this happens, every year people freak out, every year people say Lou's lost it, every year we miss out on the top free agents, every year we make the playoffs, every year we're a premiere team in the NHL, every year we have a chance to win a Stanley Cup.

Let's all just drink the :koolaid: and calm down.

Anyone got a funnel?

SD, things look good on paper for some of these teams but watch out in a few seasons when they're hamstrung with big contracts, can't give the raises needed to their RFAs and the UFAs start going for more reasonable contracts to those who didn't throw extra millions at 4 or 5 players.

Oh I know and it happened to the rangers before the lockout came where sather had to unload all of his star players. It will happen again but right now they are ready to win this season a or a couple seasons. The Flyers are trying to do that too but forgot the most important ingredient which is a goaltender. Biron will not take them to a SC IMO. Just disappointed right now again in Lou and the Devils.