The Official UFA Breaking News Thread

Devilsdude530

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do-little-Lou is really driving me nuts. I know he looks down his nose at wooing and overpaying for a player (perish the thought, only every other team has done that in the past 2 days) but it's time for him to get off his ass and do what's right for the team. He's not going to throw anything out of whack by signing a forward and defenseman....if there are any left.

We can probably go out there and sign Bertuzzi, Forsberg, and Stuart for less money than Gomez and Rafalski would've cost, and for less years. What's the big holdup? Put your ego aside and improve the team!

I wonder what Forsberg is going to do???

The Avs have signed a fair number of players and i would be supprised if they got anyone else.

IF, and thats a F**king big IF , he could stay healthy for one year (thats all we really need him for) i would try and sign him for a max of $3mill.

I wonder what Forsberg is going to do???

The Avs have signed a fair number of players and i would be supprised if they got anyone else.

IF, and thats a F**king big IF , he could stay healthy for one year (thats all we really need him for) i would try and sign him for a max of $3mill.

I understand a small signing but why do people keep saying a large trade? Who do we have that could be involved in a large trade? Lou will not trade Marty, Elias, Parise or Zajac. A small trade I could see, but a large trade will not be happening.

Not that I want this (or anybody with a sane mind) what if they traded Broduer to Ottawa for Emery and one of their talented forwards like Spezza or Heately

What if thats the trade that "Rocks the foundation of the organization"

This would make me :puke:

Edited by FightCommies77

people have to realize this:

in lous mind, he must ice a team at the start of the season that he thinks can compete for the Stanley cup. He has already said to press he plans to sign someone or make a trade to fill holes, so he obviously doesnt think he has a stanley cup contender yet. seeing that he is stingy and doesnt like overpaying, big FA signings seem unlikely which justifies what I said about a small signing. It is likely that a small signing will not be enough to satisfy our needs so a trade may also be needed, thus a decent to large trade is needed (i consider a small trade something like x player for a 3rd rounder).

does anyone find this thought process irrational?

Edited by elias2600

brodeur for heatley and emery is suicide for us.

I know, but its a possible big trade that isn't impossible considering our circumstances.

Ottawa has some of those guys going into UFA at the end of next season and their cap room is getting tight.

I hope Lou realizes that and isn't thinking of a trade like that.

Doesn't look likely that the Devils will be signing anybody and to be honest it's probably the best move Lou has made so far.

It's been extremely frustrating watching this team flame out in the post season the last couple of years considering the fact that the Devils were at the max both of those seasons. Was it really wort it for 10 playoff wins? I don't think so.

I'm really hoping that Lou can find a way to trade or sign someone off the radar but it just doesn't seem possible. Seems like almost all the FA's are gone and we have no assets to trade.

I really don't mind if Lou winds up overpaying a player, but he better be worth it. There is a difference in overpaying a player like Gomez as opposed to say, Joe Thornton. I don't think there was any FA this year worth overpaying.

Whatever. I trust Lou. One way or another he will find a way to keep the Devils competitive :koolaid: