The Official UFA Breaking News Thread

Devilsdude530

Soooo, didn't see this posted (clearly more exciting things happening over here)...

Senators Emery, Kelly and Schubert file for arbitration.

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2...314002-sun.html

So, a question comes to mind....I can't remember if it is possible, but the player/teams can keep negotiating right up to arbitration beginning right? The players might just file for arbitration to cover their arses just in case things don't work out. Is this thinking correct?

Edited by ThreeStars

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soooo, didn't see this posted (clearly more exciting things happening over here)...

Senators Emery, Kelly and Schubert file for arbitration.

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2...314002-sun.html

So, a question comes to mind....I can't remember if it is possible, but the player/teams can keep negotiating right up to arbitration beginning right? The players might just file for arbitration to cover their arses just in case things don't work out. Is this thinking correct?

Thanks, I wasn't sure if I was correct. I seem to remember a number of Senators filing last year, but no arbitrations happened....phew, there is hope yet. (To clarify, I am I worried because there are reports saying Emerey reckons he should be getting DiPietro type money/contract <----- not happening anytime soon!)

Edited by ThreeStars

RUSLAN FEDOTENKO signs one-year deal with the Islanders

Ruslan Fedotenko

Wednesday, July 4, 1:55 pm

The Islanders have signed veteran left wing Ruslan Fedotenko to a one-year contract. The 28-year old Fedotenko played a major role in Tampa Bay's Stanley Cup championship in 2004, scoring 12 goals in 22 playoff games, including both goals in the Lightning's 2-1 win over Calgary in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final.

It is never a good policy to believe any rumors relating to Devils player movements, signings/acquisitions. When you see an official press release or a legitimate site reporting it then you can believe it.

Don't get me wrong it is fun to speculate but don't get your hopes up.

Edited by Diabolical