Rafalski to Wings

msweet

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say I blame Rafalski at all on this one. The guy stayed loyal to the Devils team for so many years - stuck around when Niedermayer was leaving, and Lou wouldn't reward him for any of it. You can only be loyal for so long before reality starts to set in, and apparently thats what happened.

All I can pray for now is that Lou doesn't sit on his hands for the whole summer. I don't think he has much of a choice but to grab a few UFA's this year, or at least pull of a trade of some sorts.

Nevertheless, I'll miss you Brian. Best of luck throughout the rest of your career.

I can't say I blame Rafalski at all on this one. The guy stayed loyal to the Devils team for so many years - stuck around when Niedermayer was leaving, and Lou wouldn't reward him for any of it. You can only be loyal for so long before reality starts to set in, and apparently thats what happened.

All I can pray for now is that Lou doesn't sit on his hands for the whole summer. I don't think he has much of a choice but to grab a few UFA's this year, or at least pull of a trade of some sorts.

Nevertheless, I'll miss you Brian. Best of luck throughout the rest of your career.

According to an article in a local paper (must be from the AP) Raf's agent actually admitted he turned DOWN a six year, $40 million dollar deal from one unnamed team :blink:

First of all what moron team offered him that?!

Second of all this is why you don't let players that want to stay get to FA, because teams get psycho on July 1. Raf taking $10 million less lends credence to him only wanting to play for us or his hometown team. I even thought 5-30 was overpaying.

Edited by Hasan4978

It's nice to keep the FA before they become fA, but sometimes players want to see their market value before taking the hometown discount. The NHLPA prefers them do that as well. That's why they hate Marty for taking so much under market value. Lou might've made an offer that made sense to the team, but not for Brian to take when Detroit is clearly offering a ton more.

According to an article in a local paper (must be from the AP) Raf's agent actually admitted he turned DOWN a six year, $40 million dollar deal from one unnamed team :blink:

Second of all this is why you don't let players that want to stay get to FA, because teams get psycho on July 1. Raf taking $10 million less lends credence to him only wanting to play for us or his hometown team. I even thought 5-30 was overpaying.

Edmonton? I know they had an offer on the table, but maybe there was another team involved.

It's nice to keep the FA before they become fA, but sometimes players want to see their market value before taking the hometown discount. The NHLPA prefers them do that as well. That's why they hate Marty for taking so much under market value. Lou might've made an offer that made sense to the team, but not for Brian to take when Detroit is clearly offering a ton more.

Kinda makes it look like he died or something though. Nice work otherwise.

that was kinda the intent...left us....went out west...we'll be lucky if we see him during the year...to those who watch the Devils exclusively he is dead...but good luck to him...wish him the best of luck...

Speaking of Marty, I hope people now stop bashing him when he gives up two-three goals in a playoff game. This should be a reminder how lucky we are to have him here for his whole career.