Do you want Souray here?

SC Devs Fan

Do you want Souray here?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Souray here?

• Yes
    • No

If the deal is right (meaning the deal doesn't keep us from being able to locking up Parise), then I'd like Souray here. He already has his friend and business partner here, so getting him to gel with the team might go smoothly, plus, our powerplay could use his cannon. And his -28? That was last year. I guarantee that stat would ascend rapidly in our system.

But, if it means we aren't going to be able to keep Parise -- especially if Lowe in EDM makes a pitch for him -- then I'd rather see a guy like Andy Sutton come in, or honestly, I'd rather see a blockbuster trade that brings in a couple of guys; A solid defenceman and someone that will bolster our offense.

Edited by voxangelikus

NOT for the money he's commanding. After signing him, Parise, and Martin, it would be his contract that would unnecessarily be putting us tight toward the cap.

And if we do sign him first, some team could sign Parise to an offer sheet that puts us over the cap, and then Lou again has no leverage in trade or roster movements.

Markov would be more affordable.

But that's why this is probably taking so long, Lou has drawn a line in the sand on how much his contract will be here, and he's going nuts over taking less here or going to a less winning team for more money.

Or is Lou waiting to announce the signings of all 3 at the same time?

Lowe's douche move yesterday didn't help the Souray deal. Now, all Lou has to do is sign Souray and EDM will probably lob a sky-high offer sheet at Parise. Which, while understanding EDM is desperate, is a really sh!tty thing to do. Yeah, it's within the rules, but it would show a great lack of class and respect on Lowe's part.

Maybe sean has it right... Maybe the Souray deal is done/almost done, and Lou is waiting to announce a couple of signings at once, so as to make sure EDM does not try to steal Parise from us.

Edited by voxangelikus

i'd like him here. i think his deficincies can be covered in our system and i would love him on our PP.

i know its only a rumor, but i don't like hearing he's waiting to see if the rags can open up cap space. if that's true, lou should just move on and sign markov and sutton.

34:

Honestly, all we really need on the blueline is some experienced depth.

I think we more talented than most teams by comparison. Do I think we are the best...no, but easy top 10.

White-Martin

Rachunek-Matvichuk

Oduya-Greeen

The major minutes will go to White and Martin. Unfortunately, I think Martin will play more PK than PP and hurt him statistically. But Rachenuk and Green will be our PP guys.

Oduya and Greene will only get about 12 minutes a game and learn the game more at this level.

If we had to pick up some players on D, I would not spend alot of money.

I would look at a Jon Klemm and maybe a Brent Sopel or both. Matvichuks back will be a question mark.

The money that we are throwing away on Souray, I would look at acquiring a good center. I would love to grab Steve Sullivan or a Brendan Morrison back to center Elias and Gionta. Zubrus is stronger on the wing and would make a great 4th liner.

I think CENTER is our biggest need by far.

Edited by MantaRay

What do we consider a lot more? It looks like Souray will only cost an additional 4% to the cap compared to Sutton.

You still would be saving close to $2 million a season by signing Sutton over Souray.

What would Sutton cost additional to the cap? It has to be less than 4%.

You still would be saving close to $2 million a season by signing Sutton over Souray.

What would Sutton cost additional to the cap? It has to be less than 4%.

Sutton costs about 7.8% of the cap and Souray would cost about 11.7% of the cap. I used 51.3 million for the cap(cause I forgot the actual number) and 4 and 6 million, respectively, for the salaries. So Souray uses about 4% more of the cap than Sutton would.