New uniforms?

NYGDevils32

I heard last year that every team will have new uniforms made by Reebok. They are supposed to be lighter and stretched fit over the pads, not loose like they are now. Is this true? And if so, when will all the teams get them?

Edited by NYGDevils32

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is true. A few teams already released what they will look like. They used these jerseys in the all-star game. They aren't as tight as many think they are. From what I've seen they don't really stretch around the pads, they just aren't as baggy. All the teams will be wearing them once the season starts.

Uniform uniforms.

Uniform websites.

Gary Bettman isn't one for individuality, now is he?

Yes it is true. A few teams already released what they will look like. They used these jerseys in the all-star game. They aren't as tight as many think they are. From what I've seen they don't really stretch around the pads, they just aren't as baggy. All the teams will be wearing them once the season starts.

I'll take the old uniforms anytime. Not a fan of the new look.

Yea, it's something new, so I hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was no need to change it in the first place. Why fix what isn't broken?

Also, how are the pants going to be different? The equipment companies are already trying to produce the lightest and most protective pants every year, I don't see how they have this massive change planned.

It all went to hell when they got rid of the green anyways.

:hail:New%20Jersey%20Devils%20(green).jpg

Ah the good old green and red. I really didn't start following the team until they switched to black but I was always a fan of the old school colors and jersey. They were very unique to anything out at the time.

I was actually thinking that maybe the Devils should consider possibly changing the jersey a little bit for next year. The team is kind of entering a new era when you consider all the players that have left over the last few years and the new arena. The green and red jersey represents the team getting it's feet wet and starting to make a name for itself and the current uniforms kind of represent the consistency and winning tradition the team has made for itself.

The logo and colors should stay the same but maybe the team should consider using different striping pattern or something like that (horizontal of course), sort of like how Boston and St. Louis alter their jerseys from time to time. I always liked the striping on the old home jerseys. Maybe a combination of the old and current jersey? Either way something different would help give the current team it's own identity.

Edited by SickMan

and not for nothing from what i have heard the new jerseys are going to cost a whole lot more the the old ones did.

Unfortunately, you're right. If they're anything like the all-star jerseys were, expect to pay about $120.00 for a blank one! :doh1:

Yea, it's something new, so I hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.....It being new has nothing to do with hating it. <_<

It all went to hell when they got rid of the green anyways.

:hail:New%20Jersey%20Devils%20(green).jpg

Nothing to do with your post but...nice tat. :dance:

If you ask me this is all a bullsh!t monopoly with RBK if the teams have to wear RBK uniforms, RBK socks, and RBK pants. That's kind of a bullsh!t move.

I also heard another rumor that no team is allowed to have a third jersey, if this is true I'm angry because when teams wear their third jersey's its a special opportunity, also we never got to have a third jersey and I always wanted to bring back the vintage as our alternates.

If you ask me this is all a bullsh!t monopoly with RBK if the teams have to wear RBK uniforms, RBK socks, and RBK pants. That's kind of a bullsh!t move.

I also heard another rumor that no team is allowed to have a third jersey, if this is true I'm angry because when teams wear their third jersey's its a special opportunity, also we never got to have a third jersey and I always wanted to bring back the vintage as our alternates.

Well first off it's not really any different than ccm or koho doing the jerseys. It's not like they are telling the guys they have to all use RBK sticks and gloves and skates.

The third jersey was invented to do nothing but make more money. Also Lou would never allow us to get one or use the vintage jerseys.

I don't think Reebok even makes socks and I am about 90% sure that the league isn't doing anything with the pants. The pants are a piece of equipment, how can the NHL tell the manufacturers what and how to make their stuff. I would think the equipment companies know more about that stuff than the NHL. Also the pants are a piece of equipment, not a part of the uniform like the jerseys and socks. The NHL can't tell the players that they all have to use the same pants. The players all wear different pants, there is no way they would just let the league mandate which model they have to wear. That would be the same as the league telling them which skates they have to wear. It's not happening.

As for the jerseys, Reebok also owns CCM and Koho, it's just that they are putting the Reebok logo on the jerseys instead of CCM and Koho like they used to.

As for the jerseys, Reebok also owns CCM and Koho, it's just that they are putting the Reebok logo on the jerseys instead of CCM and Koho like they used to.

Well now that you cleared everything up with the jersey's I guess it isn't that bad (except for the fact that big companies are taking over hockey, that's a different debate though).

As far as the telling players what socks/pants to wear. if you go to the RBK edge website it includes special socks and pants, so I'm not sure if everyone will be using them.

Well now that you cleared everything up with the jersey's I guess it isn't that bad (except for the fact that big companies are taking over hockey, that's a different debate though).

As far as the telling players what socks/pants to wear. if you go to the RBK edge website it includes special socks and pants, so I'm not sure if everyone will be using them.

Nobody is really taking over. Everyone is still free to choose whatever helmet, shoulder pads, elbow pads, gloves, sticks, pants, shin guards, and skates they want.

I hadn't seen that about the socks and pants before. The socks were probably already coming from Reebok anyway, the players weren't really picking which brand because they are pretty much all the same anyway from brand to brand. The new socks seem like they're going to be tighter fitting to hold the shin guards in place without using tape based on the description. The pants are probably their new model, but I don't think it is going to be forced upon the players. I think the players would have something to say about it if they all had to get rid of the pants they've been wearing and get used to this new one.

EDIT: Actually I just watched the video and the pants they are talking about are no different than the girdle/shell combo that has been around for years.

Edited by devilsfan26