Official: Sutter is our next coach

MadDog2020

hockeybuzz devil blogger's take on VV and sutter...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8601

Brent Sutter as coach? Wow. Devils fans, trust me when I say this: You will love Brent Sutter as a head coach of the New Jersey Devils. I've heard nothing but great things and look at the players that have gone through his Red Deer Rebels junior team: Dion Phaneuf, Colby Armstrong, Martin Erat, Cam Ward. Last year, I remembered he was rumored to be Lou's choice, but Sutter took himself out of the running to be with his junior team. If he is coach, I would love to see our current Devils players emulate his style when he played and we would be getting a good man behind the bench. We will see when if he is officially named the head coach in the next couple days.

Edited by ice dog

This is more positive news for the Devils. I am not sure about his experience at the major league level, but he will hold the players accountable (which is probably another reason Gomer left, not wanting another Burns like experience). With the group of All-Star assistant coaches and the new players we have I am very excited about next year already.

Edited by MantaRay

Anyone know if the press conference will be streamed on 'FAN? I doubt it, but just wondering.

It might be on FSNY or MSG. I believe MSG held the PC for the Claude Julien introduction last year.

Gheez, this sounds like an annual event :o

It might be on FSNY or MSG. I believe MSG held the PC for the Claude Julien introduction last year.

Gheez, this sounds like an annual event :o

ty, unfortunately i'm out of NYC market and can't get those channels - oh well, not like anything important will really go on

ty, unfortunately i'm out of NYC market and can't get those channels - oh well, not like anything important will really go on

With the DirecTV Sports Pack you can... :evil:

Now I wonder if they'll lower my bill for my endorsement. :whistling:

I'm really excited about Sutter as the new coach. I think he'll do well, and I also like to see it when teams don't just keep recycling the same old bunch of coaches.

BTW - I was just reading a "Globe and Mail" article stating that Brent will still be coaching the Team Canada junior players against Team Russia's junior players in the tournament honouring the '72 Summit Series. The games are playing in August and early September, so it shouldn't overlap training camp very much if at all.

BTW - I was just reading a "Globe and Mail" article stating that Brent will still be coaching the Team Canada junior players against Team Russia's junior players in the tournament honouring the '72 Summit Series. The games are playing in August and early September, so it shouldn't overlap training camp very much if at all.