Different Forums

I still don't get the difference between the Hell and Heaven. I know the major Devils news should go in Hell but it seems hardly anything goes into Heaven. Shouldn't there be more distinction? Shouldn't threads about young prospects be in Heaven?

As well, I know most people hate extra boards but shouldn't there be another place to put threads with no real importance like the Islanders of all teams being mentioned in 30 Rock?

As most of the long-time veterans -- including RD and DR33, I believe -- know, the reason Heaven even exists is as a nod to the board's history. However, times have changed, and the original reason for having Heaven doesn't really fit into where the board has gone.

It could be possible to keep it as an official version of what it's sort of become, a "Devils fan experience" forum. Stuff about the Rock could go in there, announcements of player appearances and autograph sessions, threads about favorite players, and yes, the "puckbunny" stuff that goes on now. Basically, it would be the lighter side of Devils fandom, leaving the hard-core hockey parts to Hell and taking in everything else.

It could be possible to give it a bigger role in the overall fabric of everyday NJDevs life, but it would likely require restructuring what goes where and, more importantly, getting everyone to rememeber the changes and go along with them. Specifically, ALL of the Devils stuff would move out into Heaven, leaving Hell as an "elsewhere in the NHL" forum. This has been suggested before, but it's always been passed upon because it's too big of a change for everyone to get used to.

It could be possible to get rid of Heaven all together... or it could be possible to simply keep it the way it is.

You are right.... the "You know you're a diehard Devils fan when..." thread should have been in Heaven. For whatever reason it's not sticking in my head that it is there. I know where to put the political threads, the off-topic threads, the minor league threads... but threads about the Devils I go on auto-pilot and throw them in Hell.

I'll go watch that "Posting and You" video 5 more times in self-flagellation. :P

I took Heaven away once, and there was no where for the more role playing aspects of fan appreciation to go. Keeper threads, general puckbunnyisms. Fan Experience... I like that Rowdy heh.

The Devils and then the NHL never really worked. Even on Red's original forum we mostly stuck in Hell.

The Devils and then the NHL never really worked. Even on Red's original forum we mostly stuck in Hell.

True dat. I talk about Heaven like it's some hallowed aspect of NJDevs history, but in reality it's always been underutilized, teetering on the edge of redundancy but always figuring out a way to stay useful somehow.

The only thing I would suggest, regardless of what Heaven's purpose ends up being, is to make said purpose clear in the forum description so that people -- especially newbies -- know where various topics go.